• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Hunter S.

kKqmxKq.gif

:jnc

I live outside of Denver in the suburbs.

JCizzle

Ellington looks terrible returning punts. They didn't give him enough time in camp, big mistake holding onto LMJ so long just to cut him that late.

RBH

Rams need to switch back to these uniforms permanently.

Falcons need to switch back to their old uniforms permanently too.

USATSI_2123501.jpg

Memories of the NFC West in the 90's!
When the Falcons sucked gigantic amounts of dick for the majority of their time in that division. :(

Godslay

Banned
Then we'll have to agree to disagree. I know teams keep other teams in the back of their mind, but their job is to block that out and focus on the now. They wait for those days, and when that week comes they're motivated than ever, but they still focus on the opponent in front of them. To say you'd prepare for one team is ridiculous, you have to be prepared for all styles of football- finesse, strength, air, ground, etc. Winning your division isnt the ultimate goal, and to have tunnel vision on one team in your division is asinine. Sure it's the AFC east, but everywhere else you have no idea who will be the best. I don't think many pegged the Cowboys to be sitting at top that division, and I don't think many had the chargers being a top 5 team. It's an any given sunday league, and what Spikes said in those comments were indefensible. Again this isn't a bitterness thing, I was glad to see spikes go. He was amazing at what he did, but he was awful at what he lacked. Not only that, but the guy just can't stay on the field. It's the same reason I'm glad Mayo is most likely not here next season. I wish him the best, but his best days are behind him and he's been on the decline for a bit now. The stuff Spikes did on twitter was laughable, he looks like an idiot now, and he sounds like his team failed at their ultimate goal when they have the whole season to right the ship. Way to rally the troops brandon.

Divisional games comprise of 50% of your schedule. They are the most important games in terms of your postseason chances. Would I spend more time preparing for say an NFC opponent if I'm an AFC team or the teams that I am going to face multiple times a year? Personally, I would prepare for those divisional games first with my eyes on the team that current runs the division. Teams are built around that idea. That doesn't mean you ignore the other games, and good teams are able to do both.

Winning the division is always the 1st goal for every team. You are delusional if you think otherwise. It makes you stronger while it makes your closest enemies weaker.

As far as all the other gibberish, Dallas has always had good talent so it's not surprising that they are winning with good coaching and finally putting things together. I knew the Chargers were good going back to last year, simply because I watch the divisional games ever week. But I'm sure you have a different perspective because you've just walked over the corpses of your junk division for ages now. It's warped you to the reality of a good competitive division.

Purdy

Epic play in a shit pocket by Kaep there, well done.

Why is McDonald allowed to play over Carrier? He's been utter shit and cost us big last year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Divisional games comprise of 50% of your schedule. They are the most important games in terms of your postseason chances. Would I spend more time preparing for say an NFC opponent if I'm an AFC team or the teams that I am going to face multiple times a year? Personally, I would prepare for those divisional games first with my eyes on the team that current runs the division. Teams are built around that idea. That doesn't mean you ignore the other games, and good teams are able to do both.

Winning the division is always the 1st goal for every team. You are delusional if you think otherwise. It makes you stronger while it makes your closest enemies weaker.

As far as all the other gibberish, Dallas has always had good talent so it's not surprising that they are winning with good coaching and finally putting things together. I knew the Chargers were good going back to last year, simply because I watch the divisional games ever week. But I'm sure you have a different perspective because you've just walked over the corpses of your junk division for ages now. It's warped you to the reality of a good competitive division.

Yeah divisonal games, not patriots games. There are 2 other teams to focus on, period. The dolphins are more than capable of beating the bills. Again no matter how you spin this, it was a ridiculous comment. And again we're going to have to agree to disagree, we share a different mentality on the subject. Teams have rivals, teams have scary teams to watch out for, if you're focus is on one solitary team, they are sealing their own fate.

Trey

Yeah divisonal games, not patriots games. There are 2 other teams to focus on, period. The dolphins are more than capable of beating the bills. Again no matter how you spin this, it was a ridiculous comment. And again we're going to have to agree to disagree, we share a different mentality on the subject. Teams have rivals, teams have scary teams to watch out for, if you're focus is on one solitary team, they are sealing their own fate.

Bills did it twice, too. Schwartz with Lions, Spikes with Pats. Not a good look that the defense was completely outclassed in the second half.

Godslay

Banned
kKqmxKq.gif

:jnc

I live outside of Denver in the suburbs.

I lived in downtown Denver, near Colorado & Colfax in my younger days and the only time I got stabbed was never.

I was scared shitless once. I was pumping gas and this huge like 6'7" at least dude came up to me and was like, "What the fuck do you want?". I stood there and stared at him, wondering if he was going to crush me in his Shrek like hands. The he just said, "Come on man what do you want?". Then I realized he was trying to sell me drugs. It was over there on Colfax by Argonaut's liquor, so I should have expected as much, at least at night.

Besides that, smooth sailing. When I was down there last time, maybe it was the weed but people seemed so much more chill then they did when I used to live there.

Top Bottom