• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Drakeon

Lol

How many other teams can deal with their best pass rusher, and one of the best linebackers in the league being out for half the year? Need an answer here.
People like to hate, don't let it get to you. Happens to every team, especially in prime time. That's just how gaf rolls. Games are declared over in the first quarter.

zychi

Banned
Seems comparable to the Panthers except the 9ers defense is merely bad instead of a dumpster fire and Kap hasn't progressed as much, pocket-wise, as Cam thus far.

Their d will get better once Aldon and Navarro come back.

Still my SB winner pick.

NomarTyme

Brenda tho
jbpFd5xmq45VrW.png

Cuter than Penny's short hair cut.

Could have used a defensive coordinator who isn't a useless sack of shit.

Austin Davis though :*)

TOthatsmyqb.jpg

Yeah but one fucking sack is inexcusable.

Lol

How many other teams can deal with their best pass rusher, and one of the best linebackers in the league being out for half the year? Need an answer here.

lol who cares why they are out? They're out and currently not available, and as a result the Niners aren't nearly as good. You are being pretty optimistic if you think they can just plug a guy or two back in and be back to where they were.

Godslay

Banned
Murray feels like a ticking timebomb with the workload the Cowboys have given him so far. Once he goes down their balanced offensive philosophy will go out the window and it's the same Cowboys that everybody here knows and loves.

With a good line though, Farooq has a good point that the loss of Murray, his spot could be at least filled enough to be competitive. So maybe it's not all doom and gloom.

I think when Demarcus Lawrence comes back, and when Anthony Spencer starts to trust his repaired knee a little more the pass rush from the ends will get better. I am also stoked about the 3 tech rotation of Crawford and Melton. I think the pressure should get better as the season wears on.

In terms of the last part of your post, I agree Parcells use to say "Don't eat the cheese", plenty of time to evaluate the Dallas Cowboys and see their true colors.

If they get good pressure and cover like they did yesterday, that would be pretty huge in my mind. It will be interesting to see how it pans ot.

If you look at it as a 4 quarter game we are in the 2nd quarter for most teams. Plenty of time to see these teams change for better or for worse. That applies to the Broncos as well.

JCizzle

Yes and when he has played he has severely underperformed other than the early start against Dallas

If you watch he bobbled the shit out of that catch against Dallas too and the dude was wide fucking open. Never been impressed with his hands. Fast and physical as fuck though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Divisional games comprise of 50% of your schedule. They are the most important games in terms of your postseason chances. Would I spend more time preparing for say an NFC opponent if I'm an AFC team or the teams that I am going to face multiple times a year? Personally, I would prepare for those divisional games first with my eyes on the team that current runs the division. Teams are built around that idea. That doesn't mean you ignore the other games, and good teams are able to do both.

Winning the division is always the 1st goal for every team. You are delusional if you think otherwise. It makes you stronger while it makes your closest enemies weaker.

As far as all the other gibberish, Dallas has always had good talent so it's not surprising that they are winning with good coaching and finally putting things together. I knew the Chargers were good going back to last year, simply because I watch the divisional games ever week. But I'm sure you have a different perspective because you've just walked over the corpses of your junk division for ages now. It's warped you to the reality of a good competitive division.

Somehow missed this the first time, but I really don't understand the animosity here. I'm a fan of football, I watch all other divisions. My point was basic, and easy to grasp, but you seemed to have missed it. Every year some teams get better, some teams get worse, philosophies change, personnel changes, playing style changes. You cannot focus in on one team in the offseason and prepare for anybody given what happened the year before. I'm a sports fan in general and the Sox play in one of the toughest divisions in the league. The first year the Rays turned it around, nobody saw them carrying that all the way through. Teams do different things every year. Also the broncos are in there with- chargers, chiefs and raiders. Really nothing to write home about there when you consider the norv turner years in San Diego. The chiefs were OK last year, but they've been over .500 what, 2 maybe 3 times in the past 10 years? And finally it's home to arguably the worst team in the league of the last 10 years.

Top Bottom