• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I haven't seen Rams play this year. Those are some nice ass uni's hope they keep them when they move to LA.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oh, OK they are just throw backs to the 'greatest show on turf'. Shame need to keep these. Or go purple and goal to match the Lakers lol .

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Obviously you play week to week. If you don't think these teams look beyond that week you are crazy, especially within the division. If I was the running the Broncos, my coaching staff would know what the hell was going in within the division on a weekly basis, and would know those teams tendencies as well as their own. Reason being, you take care of your home before you clean someone else's house. Granted there is only so much time in a day, but they would be ready to face the Chargers/Chiefs/Raiders on the drop of a hat.

If I was gunning for the division I would likely prepare for the biggest threat the most. In the Bills case that's the Pats. So it makes perfect sense on a team scale, that they were preparing for that one game the most. The Pats are considered the division leader and to beat them gives you good shot to win the division if it's close.

I understand selfish reasons to prepare, but it makes sense for the Bills as a whole to prepare in that way, especially in OTAs, TC, etc. My sole purpose would be to destroy the division, guaranteeing myself a chance in the postseason.

Good read. It all sounds fair and reasonable. Marinelli has them playing well, but blitz packages aren't a replacement for consistent pressure as I'm sure you are well aware of. You'll get burned by that eventually. I've seen it in 2005 with the Broncos, and as recent as Dennis Allen when he was DC. Maybe someone will emerge from that group to give them the option to get good pressure without relying on the blitz too much.

I'm not trying to sound overly negative, as Dallas looks like a pretty good team. I guess I'm of the belief that you are never as good as they say you are, or as bad either. Unless of course you are just dominating teams. Then you just have to be mentally strong as a team to sustain it.

I did see your edit too. That certainly gives a boost, and it would be hard to be worse then what they had going on last year.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. I know teams keep other teams in the back of their mind, but their job is to block that out and focus on the now. They wait for those days, and when that week comes they're motivated than ever, but they still focus on the opponent in front of them. To say you'd prepare for one team is ridiculous, you have to be prepared for all styles of football- finesse, strength, air, ground, etc. Winning your division isnt the ultimate goal, and to have tunnel vision on one team in your division is asinine. Sure it's the AFC east, but everywhere else you have no idea who will be the best. I don't think many pegged the Cowboys to be sitting at top that division, and I don't think many had the chargers being a top 5 team. It's an any given sunday league, and what Spikes said in those comments were indefensible. Again this isn't a bitterness thing, I was glad to see spikes go. He was amazing at what he did, but he was awful at what he lacked. Not only that, but the guy just can't stay on the field. It's the same reason I'm glad Mayo is most likely not here next season. I wish him the best, but his best days are behind him and he's been on the decline for a bit now. The stuff Spikes did on twitter was laughable, he looks like an idiot now, and he sounds like his team failed at their ultimate goal when they have the whole season to right the ship. Way to rally the troops brandon.

Top Bottom