• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

QxY5fMi.jpg

3mNu6H0.jpg

swSCwzy.jpg

zychi

Banned
Boyhood absolutely lived up to the hype. As somebody who also grew up in Texas and only a couple years older than the main character, it hit really really close to home for me. Gonna need to think about it, but this might be in my top 5 of all time.
Sweet. Im throwing that on after the baseball game and this dude im watching stream alien beats the game

Gobias

Banned
I think Ellen Paige is pretty attractive tbh.

Boyhood absolutely lived up to the hype. As somebody who also grew up in Texas and only a couple years older than the main character, it hit really really close to home for me. Gonna need to think about it, but this might be in my top 5 of all time.

Just a really enjoyable movie for the most part. The three hours flew by. Mason grew up to be a little shit though.

Fantomex

Careful. If she detects your don't-give-a-fuck-ness she'll go hard the opposite way and explode in your face.

Nah I'm playing hyrule Warriors once she went to the bedroom, when she comes out here I'll make that face like I don't even like the game im playin, like its a math problem.

bionic77

My father is from Philadelphia but I grew up in central PA where we had Sheetz and not Wawa. I grew up closer to Williamsport than Philly.

But I hope we can both agree this is the best place ever.

100_4041.jpg
Knoebels was cool when I was a kid.

Cool as a parent of young kids because it is cheap as fuck. They could probably use a paged parking lot though.

What was it like growing up up in Williamsport. Looks like a unique city when I have been there. All I remember is the little league series and that snake museum they have that creeps me the fuck out.

selfish player who is the reason his team loses. goes 6/24 in one of the biggest games of his career? gets carried by shaq and gasol to his rings

one of a kind.
Kobe and Shaq averaged close to a 60/30 for their 3 rings. Neither one carried the other, they wee both incredibly dominant.

:lol at the idea of Gasol carrying anything. He was and will always be kobes 2nd wheel. Soft as shit and wilted way too often under pressure.

Kobes stats speak for themselves and he almost always got the better of the Spurs in the playoffs. Something Lebron could never figure out.

It depends on the tempo of the game.

The Dolphins would be wise to pound the rock since what's his face is running the ball well, 5 yds per carry and all that. On defense they'll want to hit/pressure Rodgers early and disrupt his rhythm.

The Packers will want to build a lead and force Tannehill to make the throws that he won't make. They'll send the house later on and he'll throw some picks.

It's an interesting game, it all depends on execution and perhaps a lucky play or two.

It depends on the tempo of the game.

The Dolphins would be wise to pound the rock since what's his face is running the ball well, 5 yds per carry and all that. On defense they'll want to hit/pressure Rodgers early and disrupt his rhythm.

The Packers will want to build a lead and force Tannehill to make the throws that he won't make. They'll send the house later on and he'll throw some picks.

It's an interesting game, it all depends on execution and perhaps a lucky play or two.

That's if the dolphins come out and play well, which they rarely do. We'll fall behind like always but manage to stay close, the offense will finally start clicking only for the defense to be too tired and collapse, and we lose by 20.

They have more confidence in the Packers than I do!

Feel like the game hinges on:

* Packers offensive line
* Dolphins running game

Basically, whoever loses in the trenches
This will be the Packers
is in for an uphill battle.

We have the talent, but this team never plays motivated, it's only when we play that we seem to play a complete game (Has happened the last few years, we kicked their ass last year too)

Kobe and Shaq averaged close to a 60/30 for their 3 rings. Neither one carried the other, they wee both incredibly dominant.

:lol at the idea of Gasol carrying anything. He was and will always be kobes 2nd wheel. Soft as shit and wilted way too often under pressure.

Kobes stats speak for themselves and he almost always got the better of the Spurs in the playoffs. Something Lebron could never figure out.

You're officially on my cool dudes of gaf list.

bionic77

Dolphins feel like pretenders.

The division was theirs to win this year and they did not have the guts to take what was rightfully theirs.

Dolphins feel like pretenders.

The division was theirs to win this year and they did not have the guts to take what was rightfully theirs.

Pretty much, we don't have a coach to really take this team and dominate, we have a very solid group (minus Tannehill, still can't say one way or another) but no leaders.

Gotham got a little better...but it still seems like a normal cop show. They should have ran it while Batman was already a thing, don't know how much longer they can build it up without having him show up, it'll be like Smallville again and I gave up on that in like season 2.

Fantomex

Gotham got a little better...but it still seems like a normal cop show. They should have ran it while Batman was already a thing, don't know how much longer they can build it up without having him show up, it'll be like Smallville again and I gave up on that in like season 2.

The problem with the show is that they can't go forward too much, since we already know what's gonna happen. And that seems to be the shows weakness and strength at the same time. strength- we can see how penguin and scarecrow became who they are. Weakness- we know too much. Like the fact Gordon married someone else, Nigma won't become a bad guy for another 20 years, and that Alfred eventually wins Bruce over.

The problem with the show is that they can't go forward too much, since we already know what's gonna happen. And that seems to be the shows weakness and strength at the same time. strength- we can see how penguin and scarecrow became who they are. Weakness- we know too much. Like the fact Gordon married someone else, Nigma won't become a bad guy for another 20 years, and that Alfred eventually wins Bruce over.

I agree. For me there is little that's compelling about the show - because whatever happens ultimately doesn't matter so we know how things will or should pan out. There is very little reason for me to care about the characters. And Bruce is too young for me to get excited about potential foreshadowing about being Batman.

And just throwing in one personal petpeeve - I hate people who bitch about Arrow then turn around praise this show

Narag

Gotham would be better if it had any sort of subtlety and didn't have young Bruce being emo, strike that, even being around.

Now that The Balloonman is dead, who will protect the people of Gotham?????

Pretty much and eventually they'll get stuck with characters that they can't develop

I agree. For me there is little that's compelling about the show - because whatever happens ultimately doesn't matter so we know how things will or should pan out. There is very little reason for me to care about the characters. And Bruce is too young for me to get excited about potential foreshadowing about being Batman.

And just throwing in one personal petpeeve - I hate people who bitch about Arrow then turn around praise this show

That too, Batman needs to age at least 15 years before much of anything happens so who cares about anything that happens to him now.

I know Mike McCarthy's offense is aging faster than Lindsay Lohan on meth and coke but I'm baffled why DuJuan Harris is on the team.
Last year he was slotted to play a significant role in the offense and this year he's only seldom used on kickoffs.

He can help beat the rush by throwing screens and dump off passes and he doesn't use the only guy capable of doing so. The best guy for the draw game is Harris, too, but he has insisted on using Lacy.

At the very least it's another layer to the offense. At the best it's an ace in the hole.

zychi

Banned
I know Mike McCarthy's offense is aging faster than Lindsay Lohan on meth and coke but I'm baffled why DuJuan Harris is on the team.
Last year he was slotted to play a significant role in the offense and this year he's only seldom used on kickoffs.

He can help beat the rush by throwing screens and dump off passes and he doesn't use the only guy capable of doing so. The best guy for the draw game is Harris, too, but he has insisted on using Lacy.

At the very least it's another layer to the offense. At the best it's an ace in the hole.
problem is, when harris is in, the defense knows what will be ran. Keeping lacy in for everything allows things to open up

It was the worst 3 hours of my life. I don't need to think about it at all. I'd put it in the bottom 5 movies of all time.

problem is, when harris is in, the defense knows what will be ran. Keeping lacy in for everything allows things to open up
That's less true for Harris than it is for Lacy. Starks literally can't catch so he's out of the discussion.

Lacy has shown an inability to run when not in a traditional I-formation. Him catching a ball is a joke.
Harris' role in the run game has been limited but has flourished in a couple of different packages and is much better catching/running with the ball.

Defenses have to respect Lacy enough to pay attention to him but that doesn't mean it's not predictable.

Lol Lynch to score a TD and the Seahawks win is -300.

Holy shit every bet for Cowboys-Seahawks have terrible odds. Freaking Luke Willson to score a TD and the Seahawks win is only +450.

jakncoke

Banned
What in the mother fuck at this thread. Thankfully I nodded off into drunken dreamland. You motherfuckers need trivia/facts in your life. Let me help,

Ben Roethlisberger needs 4 completions to pass Steve Deberg and Jim Kelly for 21st all time and 28 to pass Troy Aikman for 20th all time.

jakncoke

Banned
Warrick Dunn best game came against the Cowboys on Dec 3 2000 when snesfreak was still a young 25 year old virgin.

He rushed for 22-210 yards 2tds

Top Bottom