• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

brentech

This article does not include the Vikings game where he had a solid game despite our receivers dropping passes and our offensive line getting Staff sacked and in third and 20 positions all game.
Yea, cause Stafford is the only QB that happened to last week.

I'm so excited for the Eagles. I'm happy they are getting a bye this week with the injuries that they are going through with Sproles and Kendricks, but it's going to suck not having an Eagles game to watch.

How good do you guys think the Eagles are this season? I was impressed by their dismantling of the Giants, but I'm still worried about Foles turning the ball over. I think Foles is at a point where he is taking too many stupid chances. He's now afraid to take a sack after an off season of fans getting on him for pushing Henery out of perfect field goal range in the Saints playoff game.

With Kelce and Mathis coming back in Week 9 or 10, I think this team is going to get even stronger going down the stretch.

If you pretend that Week 4 never happened like I plan on doing Foles stats aren't all that terrible. He's definitely getting better, especially as the offensive line gets better. He definitely needs to hold onto the ball and take a sack more often, but I think he'll get it worked out. I think as long as he plays up to his potential as a decent QB things will be fine. Once people start coming back from these injuries I think things are really going to take off for the team. I mean they won 5 games with 2-3 offensive linemen down, and one of their best defensive players out for four and a half games. When Kendricks returns the defense is going to get really exciting. When Kelce and Mathis get back the run game and Foles confidence will be way up. It feels like in terms of overall performance the team can only go up from where they are.

Crisco

Banned
Let's take a moment to recognize how insane it is that Cam Newton is even remotely good at football. He had every single chance to fail. Bad college experience as it relates to NFL preparedness, bad receivers, bad coaching, and media hype that basically set him up to fail. Not to mention the lockout that caused him to miss a large part of his rookie practices. Compare that to Luck, Wilson, or Kaep's experiences since entering the league and in college. Yet, he went from "Call a play? Like in a huddle? Man you're putting me on the spot.... - " to one of the best passers in the league today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Stats have shown so far the Browns offense is better without Josh Gordon.

But is anyone crazy enough to think we don't need him?

Dragon

Banned
Also, Jamie Collins is the best coverage LB according to STATS.

Perhaps it's because the other linebackers on the Pats are about as fast as I am at getting out of bed hungover.

Let's take a moment to recognize how insane it is that Cam Newton is even remotely good at football. He had every single chance to fail. Bad college experience as it relates to NFL preparedness, bad receivers, bad coaching, and media hype that basically set him up to fail. Not to mention the lockout that caused him to miss a large part of his rookie practices. Compare that to Luck, Wilson, or Kaep's experiences since entering the league and in college. Yet, he went from "Call a play? Like in a huddle? Man you're putting me on the spot.... - " to one of the best passers in the league today.

Are you trying to be the anti-Dilfer? No one here will argue that Cam is really really good.

Tom Penny

I wonder if the Panther's don't pay him and invest large sums of money into two RB's that suck in a pass oriented league.

Ok Browns gaf, convince me to pick up your D for this week in fantasy football. I currently have Cincy and they throwing up 0's

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Then how is it an argument that Stafford is better without him?

1. 78.8 is not a good passer rating
2. The Jets are the Jets

The article you posted is delusional. Please trade Megatron out of the division, that would be fantastic.

1. Aaron Rodgers had a 81.5 QBR against the Seahawks and a 88.8 against the Lions with only 162 yards. What's your point? Elite QBs can sometimes have mediocre/bad games: NEWS AT 11!

2. Playing Calvin Johnson as a decoy really screwed up our whole offensive plan plus our o-line was basura that game. Also Rex had some decent blitz schemes and when we beat the Jets that was the dagger to there season. We killed Geno Smiths' confidence and Teddy Bears.

What in that article is delusional? The author published statistical facts, not an opinion.

Matthew Stafford has been great. Our offensive line has been garbage as has our running game until we played the Vikings. I don't get why Stafford can't get the respect he deserves. He's either to conservative or he's to aggressive. Stafford is an established, elite, young QB with one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

01Nt8mm.gif

Yea, cause Stafford is the only QB that happened to last week.

Matthew Stafford has been sacked more than any other QB in the league. And its not because he's holding onto the ball its because our center and left guard have been getting blown up combined with no running game. The only other QB who got sacked as much as Stafford last week was Teddy Bear.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
MRSA, I have funds to supply my hobbies which include indulging on any substance I feel like and I don't have work for another two weeks or so. Can a man not kick back, relax with a few beers on a weekday and bat down false accusations against our QB?

Plus I'm getting into debates about the Serbia v. Albania soccer game yesterday with family. I need to unwind somehow.

@Edwerderespn
#Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict fined $25K for twisting ankles of Cam Newton, Greg Olson. Will be summoned to league office next infraction

I got a joke for you: the National Football League caring about its players

Syrinx

My brother and I have more or less decided to get a Wii U around Black Friday. Hopefuly Nintendo will release a nice Smash Bros. bundle.

jakncoke

Banned
CIN Unsportsmanlike Conduct $25,000.00 10/15/2014
CIN Spearing $21,000.00 11/01/2013
CIN Striking/Kicking/Kneeing $10,000.00 09/27/2013
CIN Hit on Defenseless Player $21,000.00 09/27/2013

Burfict trying to get a James Harrison like fine resume

Wrayfield

MRSA, I have funds to supply my hobbies which include indulging on any substance I feel like and I don't have work for another two weeks or so. Can a man not kick back, relax with a few beers on a weekday and bat down false accusations against our QB?

Plus I'm getting into debates about the Serbia v. Albania soccer game yesterday with family. I need to unwind somehow.

You're not batting down our accusations, we're batting down your delusions, mang.

PS: Crazy stuff at the Euro qualifier. :/

zychi

Banned
Been trying my buddy's copy of 2k on Steam, shit doesn't save anything in MYTeam. I played 3 domination games, didn't earn anything, didn't save.

EA, please make a good basketball game again. New NBA Street would be amazing.

MRSA

Banned

Basically what you're saying is that you're fat and poor.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Gus Mahlzahn is legit though. He had at least one year under a good coordinator. Now if you mean he didn't get to call protection or audible, seems like a lot of college programs do this? Part of the college game is that the most coaches are basically gods (and egos) amongst kids whereas QBs in the NFL have a totally different relationship with their coach.

I honestly think Cam is a decent QB for all the crap I give him for stealing laptops and pouting. But I wouldn't say that he hasn't made at least part of the bed that he has slept in the past few years.

MRSA

Banned
Shame about the Nexus 6 price.

I'm sure it'll be a great phone though.

That's a phone? Thing is the size of a tablet, all these phones are becoming huge its asinine.

$650 pricing though lmao, Google really doesn't give a shit, most people don't know what a Nexus phone is let alone shell out $650 for it.

The only phone I'd consider other than an iPhone is the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. Even then, Sony puts out a new phone every few months that you'll be antiquated in no time.

Godslay

Banned
Does this apply just to Halo games or any game with mp? Because I find this statement to be fucking hilarious.

Singleplayer is fine. Just a convoluted story like most games. Plays just as well as multiplayer.

Multiplayer is where you end up staying though. At the time it was just battle after battle. Get a good team of 4 rolling along in Team Slayer or Team Skirmish (iirc), and it was just a great time. I haven't really played a multiplayer game the same amount of time as I have that game. The only thing that came close was OG Starcraft, I don't even want to know the amount of time I've put into those two games.

Top Bottom