• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Finally get to play on Hang 'em High with more than 4 players huddled around a single screen

o-face.gif

On a technical level, the game lacks polish. The texture streaming can be really distracting at times. It reminds me of the first wave of Unreal 3 engine games in that regard (despite the fact that its using ID Tech 5). Visually it's a game decidedly straddling two generations of hardware on the PS4. One one hand, the resolution and generally clean IQ is nice but overall texture quality and other elements don't impress. Thankfully, art direction can do a whole lot to take your mind off of the technical foibles and that is the case with The Evil Within. There's some amazing atmosphere on display with subtle fog effects, wonderful environment design and some really incredible lighting. It definitely shares a great deal with Alien Isolation in that regard (art vs tech).

As I mentioned earlier, framerate dips are there but I can't say it's been something that has bothered me in a significant way. I'm more bothered by the FOV in the game. The combination of the 2:35:1 aspect ratio being used and how close the camera is can make it frustrating to get a proper view during combat.

Even with all of that, I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm a complete sucker for old school survival horror experiences like this (as evidenced by love of ZombiU).
I agree with all of this! Good post.

ZombiU is a wonderful game.

Godslay

Banned
Did you see the Halo CE footage from yesterday? It looks like a totally different game now. Everything is so fast and so smooth. Cant wait to bust some fools up online with the pistol.

I wonder how the hit detection works with Halo 1, considering it wasn't a online multiplayer game to start with?

Hunter S.

Pink eye sucks guys.

I cannot see shit. I cannot drive. I cannot work. All I can barely do is type on this damn keyboard.

Any news on America's team for me Godslay?!?

Did you see the Halo CE footage from yesterday? It looks like a totally different game now. Everything is so fast and so smooth. Cant wait to bust some fools up online with the pistol.

No, I haven't really paid much attention to it to be honest. Halo 1-3 with faithful multiplayer was all I needed to hear. Unless previews announce that it runs like ass then I'm all in.

Godslay

Banned
Pink eye sucks guys.

I cannot see shit. I cannot drive. I cannot work. All I can barely do is type on this damn keyboard.

Any news on America's team for me Godslay?!?

Shaq Barrett was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster. Basically, because Trevathan was placed on IR with the designation to return. That's it so far.

And this popped up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiAQApNQH5E

The Primus cover of the entire Willy Wonka soundtrack is pretty interesting.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 13m13 minutes ago

#Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin wasn't at practice during portion open to media. Took big hit by Vontaze Burfict Sun. Left game, then returned.

That motherfucker Burfict

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 1h1 hour ago

Jonathan Stewart in full pads.#Panthers

exaipfg.png

Hunter S.

Shaq Barrett was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster. Basically, because Trevathan was placed on IR with the designation to return. That's it so far.

And this popped up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiAQApNQH5E

The Primus cover of the entire Willy Wonka soundtrack is pretty interesting.

At least we might get the guy back for the playoffs. Seems like he is made of glass.

That video is nostalgia awesome!

Godslay

Banned
At least we might get the guy back for the playoffs. Seems like he is made of glass.

That video is nostalgia awesome!

Helmets to the knees are terrible things. The second injury looked like he tried to come back too soon.

Oh well, hopefully he heals up and one of these guys takes over.

Rashad Jennings already declared out for the Giants this week. DRC supposedly practiced but limited with the back issues.

New WR Kevin Ogletree practiced and Coughlin said he will contribute.

I hope the Giants beat the Cowboys this week.
So do I, but we don't have the horses to win this race. I thought the Eagles were a better match-up for us with the struggling offensive and decimated offensive line but we got punched in the mouth and never recovered.

We're going into his game without Cruz and Jennings against a Cowboys front that has played well and on the defensive side of the ball, the Cowboys offensive line looks truly dominant.

I'm a fundamental believer that you're not ever as bad as you look in a rout and you're never as good as you look when you're blowing out another team but considering how the team responded to Cruz going down - I don't see them as mentally strong enough to recover from the Eagles game. Not with the talent level we're bringing to the table right now.

Would love to be wrong....

I agree with all of this! Good post.

ZombiU is a wonderful game.

Glad you're liking it! My only major complaint is that I can't play it anymore until I'm done with Alien.:D

gutshot

615_Eye_Week7A_25_101414.gif

I love this gif because you can see DeMeco Ryans (#59) absolutely destroy Trent Cole, who comes flying in from the backside of the play. Immediately after it happened, the two guys were laughing about it. One of my favorite parts of what turned out to be a fun game to watch as an Eagles fan.

615_Eye_Week7A_25_101414.gif

I love this gif because you can see DeMeco Ryans (#59) absolutely destroy Trent Cole, who comes flying in from the backside of the play. Immediately after it happened, the two guys were laughing about it. One of my favorite parts of what turned out to be a fun game to watch as an Eagles fan.

The Eagles D looked so damn good. The hugest part is that a lot of it was due to the CB/ILBs being really good in coverage. Casey Matthews in good coverage, wut?

Glad you're liking it! My only major complaint is that I can't play it anymore until I'm done with Alien.:D
I've only played the first two chapters but I can already tell I'm really going to enjoy the game (and a lot of people say those are the bad chapters). I am a sucker for atmosphere in survival horror games and so far it seems spot on in The Evil Within. I'd love for it to be this generation's Dead Space, preferably with a better third entry!

Bread

Banned
No, I haven't really paid much attention to it to be honest. Halo 1-3 with faithful multiplayer was all I needed to hear. Unless previews announce that it runs like ass then I'm all in.
Are all of your goofball friends getting Halo? If so, I can't wait to run train on all your asses!

Bruh I may be 10 years older but my 4 shot is still on point, you gon get that work.
I will be unleashing the BxR on all you little BKs. You are going to be going down like Tammy on blowjob night.

I'll add you guys once I get it and reup XBL.

Or if you want to add me, XBL name is same as this one.

Just added you my friend. When you get your XB1 I will be under followers, just add me back and we will play much mp together.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Shields and Williams did not practice today.

AWESOME!

LATTIMORE DID PRACTICE THANK THE FUCKING LORD

Hopefully they're just taking precautions.

Did someone shiv Brad Jones yet? I mean his teammates must be pretty pissed at him right now.

Top Bottom