• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Crisco

Banned
Sounds like Benjamin was out with concussion symptoms. Might not play Sunday.

kb.gif

615_Eye_Week7A_25_101414.gif

I love this gif because you can see DeMeco Ryans (#59) absolutely destroy Trent Cole, who comes flying in from the backside of the play. Immediately after it happened, the two guys were laughing about it. One of my favorite parts of what turned out to be a fun game to watch as an Eagles fan.

Post some of the Eagles great plays against the niners since you welched on our avatar bet!

Bush is awesome trailing men up the field and tackling.

He can't adjust or play zone to save his life, though.

House can do that. Hayward can play in the slot.

cashman

Banned
So do I, but we don't have the horses to win this race. I thought the Eagles were a better match-up for us with the struggling offensive and decimated offensive line but we got punched in the mouth and never recovered.

We're going into his game without Cruz and Jennings against a Cowboys front that has played well and on the defensive side of the ball, the Cowboys offensive line looks truly dominant.

I'm a fundamental believer that you're not ever as bad as you look in a rout and you're never as good as you look when you're blowing out another team but considering how the team responded to Cruz going down - I don't see them as mentally strong enough to recover from the Eagles game. Not with the talent level we're bringing to the table right now.

Would love to be wrong....

Glad you're liking it! My only major complaint is that I can't play it anymore until I'm done with Alien.:D

I bet Eli will still throw all over the Cowboys secondary. Wilson isn't as good of a passer as most people think he is.

Farooq

Banned
Farooq Demarcus Lawrence is coming back today!

Good news for Lawrence. Worried about the illness to Murray, I also wonder how bad are Romo's ribs. He took a pretty good shot by Wagner.

Also, that 4k montage on Dallas' site...Amazing!

Edit: Hearing Anthony Spencer has an injury as well. Fucking eh...

I bet Eli will still throw all over the Cowboys secondary. Wilson isn't as good of a passer as most people think he is.
He's gotta have time to do that. We'll see which offensive line shows up this week. If the play level is the same as it was against Philly, it won't even be a game.

rando14

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean
Tyron Smith missed practice because of an ankle injury. He is having an MRI now.

Bowser

Marvin Lewis on Vontaze Burfict and his numerous concussions:

“Well, he had a concussion against Atlanta,” Lewis said of their Sept. 14 game. “That’s that biggest concern that way. You don’t want him to have, you know, but again I coached defenses and linebackers for a long time and concussions didn’t linger. Now we have found that because of the media and things they seem to linger longer. There’s a lot of attention paid to it. I don’t know why they linger longer. I don’t remember them lingering like they do now.”

I don't even...

Farooq

Banned
Isn't the Cowboys pass rush pretty garbage? The Eagles pass rush had been getting better and better every game.

The Cowboys don't have the sack numbers but they have been consistently getting pressure and hurries. And sometimes pressure is just as good as sacks because they can force errant throws.

Spencer2.gif

INTb.gif

Lucky for us? We were without almost half of our starting defense and you put up 0 offensive points
Do you honestly think if they played again that the 9ers would shut the Eagles offense out?

Yankee, Dragon. You guys need to stay out of the resolution thread on gaming side.

I would never post in a thread about resolution. I would be totally fine with games being capped at 720p if it meant all games ran at 60 fps. Resolution is something for lunatics to argue about.

Zeke

Well that sucks the great wall of Dallas taking some hits. Still 3 weeks away from our bye too. Let's hope having a late one will help us out.

The Cowboys don't have the sack numbers but they have been consistently getting pressure and hurries. And sometimes pressure is just as good as sacks because they can force errant throws.

Against everyone, or just Seattle? Cause Seattle's pass protection is pretty bad this year from what I recall.

Zeke

Good news for Lawrence. Worried about the illness to Murray, I also wonder how bad are Romo's ribs. He took a pretty good shot by Wagner.

Also, that 4k montage on Dallas' site...Amazing!

Edit: Hearing Anthony Spencer has an injury as well. Fucking eh...
Fuck Murray has Ebola doesn't he?

Trey

Who was the degenerate who came up with the term ”a tie is like kissing your sister”? I'm holding that person responsible for all the hack writers who evoke that line in their articles on the CAR-CIN game.

Farooq

Banned
Against everyone, or just Seattle? Cause Seattle's pass protection is pretty bad this year from what I recall.

Put on the Houston tape and see how much Dallas made Fitzpatrick uncomfortable. They got great pressure on Brees as well, some of that was from blitzes, but a lot from rushing only 4.

cajunator

Banned
Who was the degenerate who came up with the term ”a tie is like kissing your sister”? I'm holding that person responsible for all the hack writers who evoke that line in their articles on the CAR-CIN game.

I actually saved a screencap of an nfl headline saying that after a tie

Top Bottom