• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 6m6 minutes ago
Networks have made their choices as to what games to protect so they can't be flexed to Sunday nights:

B0aF6g8IgAAu2BG.jpg:large

WTF at Lions Bears? Week 16 Bears will be 6-9, and lions will be on the cusp of missing the playoffs. Surprised they would pick such a poor game to protect.

eznark

Banned
He's in the conversation. It really depends on how December goes. At this point I'd say Manning is the favorite.

Manning isn't sniffing Rivers jock at this point.

Rivers
--------

(in no particular order)
Rodgers
Luck
Manning

-------

good luck

brentech

WTF at Lions Bears? Week 16 Bears will be 6-9, and lions will be on the cusp of missing the playoffs. Surprised they would pick such a poor game to protect.
Fox banking on a Lions collapse is the only possible reasoning. Would be hard to fathom with NFCN vs NFCS schedule though.

Manning isn't sniffing Rivers jock at this point.

Rivers
--------

(in no particular order)
Rodgers
Luck
Manning

-------

good luck

What if the Cowboys finish with the #1 seed in the NFC and Murray breaks the rushing record? I know it normally goes to the QB but Dallas gets the most attention from the media by far when they are good.

Brandon Marshall had 6 receptions for 48 yards, Alshon had 2 for 9. Grimes shut down Alshon all day long and Innegan was feisty on B. Marsh. Secondary also looks a lot better with Reshad Jones back in the lineup. On top of that Wake continues to dominate (need a gif of his strip sack + fumble recovery) and Jelani Jenkins is looking like a stud LB no one knew about. I'm liking what I've seen from this defense lately.

The Dolphins are incredibly inconsistent but when they are playing at their ceiling they are a damn good team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Have to give Rivers his due. He's been the best QB thus far. Can't argue with that.

What's the explanation for this anyway?

He was definitely elite a few seasons ago and then dropped off a cliff and people said it was because he lost all of his playmakers. Some even claimed that it was his receivers making him look better if I'm remembering right. Without looking at stats I'm going to guess he was basically another Jay Cutler?

Week 16 Fox:
GB @ TB
DET @ CHI
MIN @ MIA
ATL @ NO
NYG @ STL

which would you pick?

:jnc

That's a sad lineup.

Brandon Marshall had 6 receptions for 48 yards, Alshon had 2 for 9. Grimes shut down Alshon all day long and Innegan was feisty on B. Marsh. Secondary also looks a lot better with Reshad Jones back in the lineup. On top of that Wake continues to dominate (need a gif of his strip sack + fumble recovery) and Jelani Jenkins is looking like a stud LB no one knew about. I'm liking what I've seen from this defense lately.

The Dolphins are incredibly inconsistent but when they are playing at their ceiling they are a damn good team.

Can't wait to lose to the jags next week

eznark

Banned
What if the Cowboys finish with the #1 seed in the NFC and Murray breaks the rushing record?

Travis Frederick - MVP

They have an elite pass defense. No doubt about that.

Syrinx

I remember when people were trashing the Cowboys for taking Frederick in the first round of a very weak draft. Second year and he's one of the best centers in the league.

I'd pick what they picked. The choices aren't downright awful so I'm guessing we'll be seeing an AFC game that Sunday night.

The current Week 16 SNF is Seahawks-Cardinals, though.

CBS's Week 16, btw:
BAL @ HOU
KC @ PIT
CLE @ CAR
NE @ NYJ
IND @ DAL (protected)
BUF @ OAK

for those curious, TNF is Titans-Jags, Saturday is Eagles-Redskins and Chargers-Niners

cajunator

Banned
ATL @ NO will be a crazy game to watch definitely. Both teams suck this year but NFC south divisional games are always close and usually down to the wire.

Trey

Have to give Rivers his due. He's been the best QB thus far. Can't argue with that.

Similar stats, similar notable victories, they each are in absolute control of their respective offenses. I just think the backdrop of Manning's historic career (breaking the career TD record, etc) gives him the edge with MVP voters.

49ers will be alright. I know Arizona will collapse. Just got to hold out until we get Bowman and Smith back.

That was a rough loss, but you don't go into a game with no Willis, 3rd string DBs starting, and expect to stop Manning when that whole team was super motivated to play great

DMczaf

ATL @ NO will be a crazy game to watch definitely. Both teams suck this year but NFC south divisional games are always close and usually down to the wire.

Hoping for another tie.

Bucs about to dumpster fire their way to a division title! #consistentlyshitty

LJ11

Warning, incoming Lazor love.

The one thing I love about Bill Lazor's offense more than anything else is how adaptable it is. Over the course of the season it has changed more and more as Lazor has worked with Tannehill and figured out his strengths and weaknesses. Yesterday we saw tons of read option runs where Tannehill kept for big gains, as well as a multitude of PA bootlegs and rollouts, something I've been clamoring for since Tannehill joined the team. Sherman never changed his offense whether it was working or not and it stunted Tannehill's development because it wasn't using his strengths to their full potential, plus it was overly simplistic to begin with.

I'm not saying Tannehill has officially turned the corner or anything but I am loving what Lazor is doing with this team. The difference in the offense between this year and last is night and day.

Tannehill throwing deep comebacks, outs, corners? He excelled with those throws at A&M, he struggled over the middle, didn't have good anticipation when throwing over the middel. Haven't watched the Dolphins much this year.

I predict 0 sacks and a record day of rushing for the Panthers.

Considering the Panthers D went from pretty damn good to one of the softest, most undisciplined units in football all over the course of one drunken wife-beating night, I'd be surprised if Russell doesn't wussy his way to at least 200 yards rushing.

All of the good graces McDermott earned for turning water to wine last year has to dry up soon if they keep playing like this. He's got to take some accountability, scheme-wise, for the pass rush evaporating into thin air, the gap control on the line and between the linebackers being nonexistent, and all of our corners and safeties being out of position ALL THE TIME.

Ravens hype now engaged.

Forsett/Pierce/Taliaferro works
Pass Rush is good (even against non-Falcon teams)
Pernell McPhee and CJ Moseley are studs
Will Hill targeted zero times yesterday, secondary improvement
Defense is good, Offense is good, AFC North is bad
First place

Steve Smith continues being the perfect Raven:

smithfight.0.gif

Also, Niners and Browns....ha

So we are #1 in yards per game (452.9)

And #3 in yards allowed (311.1)

Luck leads the league in attempts and completions (does not have the #1 completion percentage thoguh), and is tied for the most TDs (Manning) and has 7INTs (tied with several other QBs).

T.Y. is only 2 yards shy of leading the league in receiving yards.

10 different guys on our defense have sacks, and I cannot find our stats on 3rd down but I they are pretty good.

It seems that we are finally winning games we should be winning. Broncos and Eagles were better teams than us at the beginning of the year, and the coaches still make dumb calls but are getting better. If we iron out a few things (our LBs cannot cover consistently, run game consistency, Luck avoids making dumb decisions), and stay healthy then things could be looking pretty good! Hope this continues.

Could Luck win his first MVP this year?
Read that it's 4 1st downs allowed on 3rd down in the last 4 games (42 3rd downs)

Peyton will bag MVP again.

xnipx

Ravens hype now engaged.

Forsett/Pierce/Taliaferro works
Pass Rush is good (even against non-Falcon teams)
Pernell McPhee and CJ Moseley are studs
Will Hill targeted zero times yesterday, secondary improvement
Defense is good, Offense is good, AFC North is bad
First place

Steve Smith continues being the perfect Raven:

smithfight.0.gif

Also, Niners and Browns....ha

That's the spirit!!!

You left out Flacco's amazing season! It's ok though!

Spinluck

Andrew Luck has 100 more attempts than Rodgers.

Andrew Luck has 1 more touchdown pass than Rodgers.

dat efficiency

You guys actually use your WRs in the red zone :(

How's your boy Dalton doing?

Read that it's 4 1st downs allowed on 3rd down in the last 4 games (42 3rd downs)

Peyton will bag MVP again.

The defense has been great. I'm not used to this. Gonna suck when an actual QB carves us a new one.

xnipx

I will say this:

He is having his best season.

All thanks to Kubes. Top 10 in every passing offensive category. Good running game. Limited turnovers(even with 2 dumb picks yesterday). I just hope he doesn't use this success to land another HC gig.

Meanwhile the Ravens are a blown coverage and dropped Torrey Smith pass away from being 7-0.

It's all good though keep leaving them out of the discussion for top teams in the league.

Top Bottom