• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Zeke

Don't listen to him Brandon, that's the hurt talkin

tumblr_lb2u1qdS2a1qbpwzeo1_400.png
That's some fedora neckbeard shit right there

I'm just predicting that something chaotic happens with Detroit or Philly.

I could be completely wrong but nothing goes according to plan the entire time.

Look at Jacksonville winning last week.

If the Lions beat the fish and look good then I'll switch my pick.

Also where is that prediction standings from?

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, obviously it's not just attitude, but I think it plays a large part. Our secondary was just as shit last year, but they made plays when they needed to. Honestly, it seems like no one except for maybe Thomas Davis, has any fire on this team. There's an edge that guys like Mitchell, Hardy, and yes, Smitty, brought to each and every game, and with all of those guys gone, it seems like a lot of the guys are just content to go out there and go through the motions.

I didn't expect us to be as good as were last season, but I didn't expect a complete and total dumpster fire either.

Yeah, I think a lot of this defense's reputation as run stoppers was unearned as well. Teams who committed to running the ball against us last year did have success. Patriots, Jets, and the 49ers in the playoffs all had success running it up the middle against us. The difference was our offense moved the ball so teams had to throw to keep up, the pass rush generated a lot of turnovers, and we didn't allow the big plays. All that is missing this year.

Bottom line is I don't think we have the talent to play the style of defense and offense these coaches want to play. They have to adapt, and least for the short term, or this season is basically lost.

Pls. Eagles aren't going to miss in the NFC.

Sorry man they are going 4-6 the rest of the way. If is over, fire Chip, cut Foles, it is time to start over. They still have, Texans, Panthers, Titans, Redskins, and Giants, so they lose one of those games and every other game.

JABEE

It's pretty rare for an offensive line to just have a bad night. I think that's why so many pundits are so high on the cowboys and why so many fans still don't believe. Sportscenter doesn't shoe many OL highlights.

I think more than any other playoff matchup, I want to see the Cowboys and Lions play. I want to see those lines battle.

The Eagles line from last season faced the Lions and torched them in the running game. Shady had maybe his greatest game on the ground.

Peter-Mathis-Kelce-Herremans-Johnson are a damn good line when healthy.

Afrikan

oh man Colt is starting now? Gruden man you are making a mistake.

has Cousins looked THAT BAD??? his numbers look bad, but does he look like "losing your job to Colt McCoy" bad??

Konka

Banned
Sorry man they are going 4-6 the rest of the way. If is over, fire Chip, cut Foles, it is time to start over. They still have, Texans, Panthers, Titans, Redskins, and Giants, so they lose one of those games and every other game.

Yep, that's gonna happen, the most plausible prediction.

JABEE

You chalk those games up as losses for the Eagles. Stop being such a negative Nancy. The Eagles are not a bad team.

Afrikan

which other teams have lost HUGE leverage on potential trade baits going into this season?

D.C. team with Cousins

Bills with Spiller

I wonder what the D.C. team was asking for, regarding Cousins these past few years.

Zeke

So Murray gonna post 1000+ next week against the skins. He just needs 87 to hit 1000 on the season and it will be his first back to back 1000yd season in his career. He also needs two td's to tie his career high of 9.

which other teams have lost HUGE leverage on potential trade baits going into this season?

D.C. team with Cousins

Bills with Spiller

I wonder what the D.C. team was asking for, regarding Cousins these past few years.

There was a report that before the draft the Browns offered a 3rd but the Skins wanted a 2nd.
I skipped over a page of the conversation :jnc

I think the Eagles definitely make the playoffs unless something insane happens, and they could even win a game depending on who they get in the 1st round.

Tom Penny

Just a random question I'd though I'd ask? Who do you guys go with as the last team to win a Super Bowl with an elite WR? I'd go with the 2006-07 Colts but something tells me not everyone would agree with that.

That might be the only team recently. One of the only common links to good teams in general and SB winners is defensive passer rating differential throughout history.

Cousins officially benched, Colt is the starter until RGIII is back.

:jnc

ed:
After a month of having his quarterback decision made for him, Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Lovie Smith will be forced to choose between Mike Glennon and Josh McCown for this week's game versus the Minnesota Vikings.

McCown practiced Monday for the first time since damaging a ligament in his right thumb in Week 3.

Glennon took the first snaps of practice, per The Tampa Tribune, but Smith said that McCown threw "pretty well" on Monday.

:jnc hide dmz quick

Bowser

Sounds like no Clowney tonight:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
The #Texans goal was to have Jadeveon Clowney ready tonight vs. #Steelers. He’ll test his knee pregame, but doubtful he plays. Not ready.

Fox318

Saw Harvin speaking to the press.

Seemslike a good guy. Wussle's wife must have set him up because he wouldn't sleep with her.

Bowser

In positive news, Coward Ron says that Benwikere is definitely taking Godfrey's job back when he gets healthy.

In less than positive news, Coward doesn't know when Bene comes back.

Don't expect to see him until the Monday night game @ Philly at the earliest. Word is he is dealing with both a high and normal ankle sprain. He won't play vs Seattle and I doubt they'll risk him 5 days later vs NO. Let him get the extra 10 days and come back fully healthy then. Can't risk him re-aggravating the injury for the stretch run knowing just how shitty Godfrey is.

I know someone else (whose name escapes me!) claimed the Week 8 OP. If that person no longer wants to make it, I can make one. Or Souless King Bucket can come back and help us plebs out pls.

Let me know soon though.

Pro

So if Green Bay wins out, the Saints lose to them this week (woo hoo) and one other team, then win the rest....hm... I think it more likely we're gonna have a 7-9 division winner make the playoffs from the NFC South and two West teams get in for sure.

Top Bottom