• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Sometimes Stafford just plays down to his competition and he has to remember he is so much better than everyone else. That's when the magic happens.

The coaches need to realize Stafford isn't Alex Smith. They should let him sling it to keep defenses honest while working on his footwork and decision making. The short yardage game wasn't working against the Saints, but once he opened up the field things became smoother.

It's on Lombardi to recognize that before the fourth quarter. His playcalling is stupid.

Zeke

Sometimes I hate the interwebs damn neckbeard eagle fans. All I'm reading is but Dallas hasnt played a top offense this season wah wah wah. Also oline still doing the Landry shift :)
The road to the Superbowl runs through Buffalo. Nobody circles the wagons...
So Dallas vs the bills one more time?

RELAYER

Banned
On to next week...I don't know what to make of the Falcons. When I look at the boxscore...their passing game seems good, run game eh, lots of offensive weapons...yet they're really struggling offensively. How is their offensive line? They beat the Saints in a shootout earlier this year but also got manhandled by a bad Vikings team. And of course are 2-5.

There's a very good chance your defense might end Matt Ryan's season.
That's what to make of the Falcons.

jakncoke

Banned
Sometimes I hate the interwebs damn neckbeard eagle fans. All I'm reading is but Dallas hasnt played a top offense this season wah wah wah. Also oline still doing the Landry shift :)

No fuck that shit. I dont want Dallas tied with us for SB wins. Thats gross, immoral and a sin

He isn't off his back foot, he is fading backward, with his hips parallel to the LOS. This is like the worst throw I have seen in forever. It's Lohsman-esque in its awful mechanics.

That's a terrifying throw to me, as someone who really likes Bortles.

That throw to me looks like someone whose offensive line are better matadors than offensive lineman. He panicked and made a horrible throw. I am ok with it, it was a bad game by Bortles who has played pretty well until then. I wish the Jaguars would run their 2 minute offense all the time, because Bortles has been lights out in it.

Also MLB Paul Posluszny is going to the IR and DE Andre Branch is out for 6 weeks.

You guys should know better then anyone that when you like by the Romo you will eventually die by the Romo.

jakncoke

Banned
That throw to me looks like someone whose offensive line are better matadors than offensive lineman. He panicked and made a horrible throw. I am ok with it, it was a bad game by Bortles who has played pretty well until then. I wish the Jaguars would run their 2 minute offense all the time, because Bortles has been lights out in it.

Also MLB Paul Posluszny is going to the IR and DE Andre Branch is out for 6 weeks.

Damn that dude has accumulated a lot of injuries in his college and pro careers. When he healthy for 30 minutes he so solid though

eznark

Banned

Panicking and making a bad throw doesn't worry me. Happy feet don't worry me in a rookie.

Panicking and suddenly forgetting how to throw a football? That concerns me. Greatly.

Greg

Panicking and making a bad throw doesn't worry me. Happy feet don't worry me in a rookie.

Panicking and suddenly forgetting how to throw a football? That concerns me. Greatly.
all that matters is how fast it was thrown

#ESPN #swag

Godslay

Banned
This is such a damn good move.

r0nferno6hcknej1omkj.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Went half Stafford and ate 30 bk chicken nuggets because of the 1.49/10 sale. Figured out why they are that cheap smaller than the usual and blander.

Zeke

No fuck that shit. I dont want Dallas tied with us for SB wins. Thats gross, immoral and a sin
Tbh I'd rather see the Steelers again for number 6.

You guys should know better then anyone that when you like by the Romo you will eventually die by the Romo.
Very true I'll never doubt it but coming from eagle fans it's pretty funny considering the only team worth mentioning for the eagles was the Colts. Jax, Indy, skins, Texans, 9ers, giants and rams not exactly power house teams
Edit: shit you guys haven't even played Houston yet whoops.

Tbh I'd rather see the Steelers again for number 6.

Very true I'll never doubt it but coming from eagle fans it's pretty funny considering the only team worth mentioning for the eagles was the Colts. Jax, Indy, skins, Texans, 9ers, giants and rams not exactly power house teams

No one thinks the Eagles are doing anything this year. It will be Gb or Seattle coming out of the NFC, Cowboys look scary now but I just imagine in the playoffs they will have a game where the D is off or the running game isnt working as well. Their turn around is remarkable though.

MechDX

J.J. Watt this season.

8 tackles for loss, 5 batted passes, 4 sacks, 2 fumbles recovered, a pick, blocked extra point and 3 TDs.

BEAST!!
--ESPN Monday Night Twitter

Gruden getting the lotion ready

eznark

Banned
No one thinks the Eagles are doing anything this year. It will be Gb or Seattle coming out of the NFC, Cowboys look scary now but I just imagine in the playoffs they will have a game where the D is off or the running game isnt working as well. Their turn around is remarkable though.

It's pretty rare for an offensive line to just have a bad night. I think that's why so many pundits are so high on the cowboys and why so many fans still don't believe. Sportscenter doesn't shoe many OL highlights.

I think more than any other playoff matchup, I want to see the Cowboys and Lions play. I want to see those lines battle.

Zeke

I told you our teams would be punching it out for the division. Wouldn't shock me to see both teams make the playoffs and that last regular season game between them be for the division. Still a lot of football to play but just feeling I have.

Panthers offensive line against the Seahawks may be:

Back-up left tackle
Back-up left guard
Ryan Kalil (Having the worst year of his career)
Back-up right guard
Converted DT Nate Chandler

254.gif

It's pretty rare for an offensive line to just have a bad night. I think that's why so many pundits are so high on the cowboys and why so many fans still don't believe. Sportscenter doesn't shoe many OL highlights.

I think more than any other playoff matchup, I want to see the Cowboys and Lions play. I want to see those lines battle.

No not a bad night per se, but I was thinking more that nicks and bruises accumulate during the season and all the wear from all those carries and maybe they arnt getting those huge 10 yards rushes in the playoffs like they are now. I am legitimately curious what happens in the playoffs if a team is able to control their rushing attack for a half and they get behind. Will Garrett stick with it or does he go back to Romo every down, like last year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The coaches need to realize Stafford isn't Alex Smith. They should let him sling it to keep defenses honest while working on his footwork and decision making. The short yardage game wasn't working against the Saints, but once he opened up the field things became smoother.

It's on Lombardi to recognize that before the fourth quarter. His playcalling is stupid.

So what you're saying is Stafford isn't a game managing QB, he sling it as good as anyone right now and is the QB you trust....a franchise QB.

Welcome aboard PD.

Godslay

Banned
Joe Staley with the patented offensive lineman spin!

That is a special kind of embarrassing. Pure nastiness.

Jesus. His first step is (still) so damn fest. Came to a complete stop and was still able to get there.

I like the mental aspect of his game. It seems like he sets these guys up with moves. He's still got the physical toolset, but he's crafty. I saw one earlier this year where it was pure technique to get the guy off balance, and then pretty much rode the tackles body into the QB.

Spinluck

So we are #1 in yards per game (452.9)

And #3 in yards allowed (311.1)

Luck leads the league in attempts and completions (does not have the #1 completion percentage thoguh), and is tied for the most TDs (Manning) and has 7INTs (tied with several other QBs).

T.Y. is only 2 yards shy of leading the league in receiving yards.

10 different guys on our defense have sacks, and I cannot find our stats on 3rd down but I they are pretty good.

It seems that we are finally winning games we should be winning. Broncos and Eagles were better teams than us at the beginning of the year, and the coaches still make dumb calls but are getting better. If we iron out a few things (our LBs cannot cover consistently, run game consistency, Luck avoids making dumb decisions), and stay healthy then things could be looking pretty good! Hope this continues.

Could Luck win his first MVP this year?

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 6m6 minutes ago
Networks have made their choices as to what games to protect so they can't be flexed to Sunday nights:

B0aF6g8IgAAu2BG.jpg:large

eznark

Banned
So we are #1 in yards per game (452.9)

And #3 in yards allowed (311.1)

Luck leads the league in attempts and completions (does not have the #1 completion percentage thoguh), and is tied for the most TDs (Manning) and has 7INTs (tied with several other QBs).

T.Y. is only 2 yards shy of leading the league in receiving yards.

10 different guys on our defense have sacks, and I cannot find our stats on 3rd down but I they are pretty good.

It seems that we are finally winning games we should be winning. Broncos and Eagles were better teams than us at the beginning of the year, and the coaches still make dumb calls but are getting better. If we iron out a few things (our LBs cannot cover consistently, run game consistency, Luck avoids making dumb decisions), and stay healthy then things could be looking pretty good! Hope this continues.

Could Luck win his first MVP this year?

Andrew Luck has 100 more attempts than Rodgers.

Andrew Luck has 1 more touchdown pass than Rodgers.

dat efficiency

Top Bottom