• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

It's exactly what I said the entire week leading up to the game, when I predicted the Dolphins would beat the Packers.

you stupid fucker
Haha, that's more like it! I don't remember you saying much about the pass D. Finnegan was awful against GB, though, Cobb is too good.

Tannehill throwing deep comebacks, outs, corners? He excelled with those throws at A&M, he struggled over the middle, didn't have good anticipation when throwing over the middel. Haven't watched the Dolphins much this year.
Lazor figured out that Tannehill is not a great deep ball passer so he has basically stopped calling those plays. Yesterday was all about short to mid-range throws in all parts of the field. He only threw 2 balls 20+ yards and he was 1/2.

The offense is less about the deep comebacks (Sherman/Hartline specialty!) and more about short, quick routes now. Landry is proving to be a reliable threat over the middle and Clay is starting to wake up as well. A huge difference between Lazor's offense and Sherman's is that Lazor moves the pocket a lot and lets Tannehill pass on the run after boot action. Throw in the well designed screens and read option and you have a very dynamic offense when it's clicking.

It also looks like Tannehill is becoming more confident in this system. Yesterday he threw a TD to Wallace on a deep drag route in the back of the end zone and he was the fourth read on the play. Quickly moved from read to read and threw the ball just before Wallace created separation in just the right spot. Tannehill started the game 14/14 and all of the throws were quick, decisive, and smart. I just hope this is more him than the Bears.

tannechi.png

All thanks to Kubes. Top 10 in every passing offensive category. Good running game. Limited turnovers(even with 2 dumb picks yesterday). I just hope he doesn't use this success to land another HC gig.

Meanwhile the Ravens are a blown coverage and dropped Torrey Smith pass away from being 7-0.

It's all good though keep leaving them out of the discussion for top teams in the league.

We definitely turn those Texans turds into gems.

eznark

Banned
Let's be real. There isn't a single QB in the MVP discussion that could replicate what Geno is doing in New York.

Geno Smith is the real MVP.

What about the dolphin offense

I would love to see Brady make a play like Tanny did on the 4th down run yesterday. Anyways I am sure your small brain doesnt remember but the crazy Pats fan. mdtsc or whatever, said that Tom Brady was the only QB in the league that could run the Pats offense. I was just having a laugh about that.

I would love to see Brady make a play like Tanny did on the 4th down run yesterday. Anyways I am sure your small brain doesnt remember but the crazy Pats fan. mdtsc or whatever, said that Tom Brady was the only QB in the league that could run the Pats offense. I was just having a laugh about that.
Brady does have a big first down run against the bears.

manfestival

Ravens hype now engaged.

Forsett/Pierce/Taliaferro works
Pass Rush is good (even against non-Falcon teams)
Pernell McPhee and CJ Moseley are studs
Will Hill targeted zero times yesterday, secondary improvement
Defense is good, Offense is good, AFC North is bad
First place

Steve Smith continues being the perfect Raven:

smithfight.0.gif

Also, Niners and Browns....ha
I may hate steve smith sr in regards to football but its only because he has always been a thorn in the buccaneers side. Not only that, but his arrogance was always annoying too. Unfortunately, he could always back up the trash talk. Unlike roddy white.

Fantomex

What's wrong with this pic. I literally see nothing wrong with this pick

It's an old Katt Williams joke. About black athletes busting a Kobe. (Dating White Women). There is absolutely nothing wrong with the pic, it's just a funny anecdote. It works vice versa too, like when people were shocked Iman was gonna marry David Bowie instead of a Nigerian prince.

Someone brought donuts into the office and put boxes in multiple rooms to make them even less avoidable. Evil bastards. Guess I'll take one or three for the team.

eznark

Banned
It's an old Katt Williams joke. About black athletes busting a Kobe. (Dating White Women). There is absolutely nothing wrong with the pic, it's just a funny anecdote. It works vice versa too, like when people were shocked Iman was gonna marry David Bowie instead of a Nigerian prince.

That's a polite way of saying "violently raping"

Bread

Banned
Kat Williams tells jokes?

Who the hell do you have down as the wildcard teams then? You're basically leaving open only the Giants and one of those awful NFC South teams!

I am really curious how many 5-1 teams have ever missed the playoffs. Hell the Eagles made the playoffs last year even with their horrible start. Fox just hates the Eagles for some insane reason.

So ESPN is gonna stick with this Marshall calls out Jay Cutler thing instead of calling everyone out.

That is what Dan Patrick said on his show this morning as well. Marshall was heard to yell at Cutler in the locker room, and then his interview when he mentioned guys not caring, they said he was specifically talking about Cutler. That seems to be the interpretation that lots of sites are taking.

Edit: Cousins officially benched, Colt is the starter until RGIII is back.

Mindlog

That is what Dan Patrick said on his show this morning as well. Marshall was heard to yell at Cutler in the locker room, and then his interview when he mentioned guys not caring, they said he was specifically talking about Cutler. That seems to be the interpretation that lots of sites are taking.

Redskins deserve relegation to the NFC South.

harSon

Banned
I'm contemplating whether I should bother wasting PTO to get off early enough to watch the Steelers. Last time I did this, we got destroyed by the Ravens on Thursday night.

Losing to TB. Getting destroyed by the Browns who get bodied by the Jags a week later? Barely beating the Jags. Not a good look.

Think I'll save the hour of PTO and follow the dismantling via Box Score.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Should have traded Cousins for those picks while they could. This QB controversy Washington has been running has basically ruined the value of both of them.

Just a random question I'd though I'd ask? Who do you guys go with as the last team to win a Super Bowl with an elite WR? I'd go with the 2006-07 Colts but something tells me not everyone would agree with that.

Just a random question I'd though I'd ask? Who do you guys go with as the last team to win a Super Bowl with an elite WR? I'd go with the 2006-07 Colts but something tells me not everyone would agree with that.

Is Anquan Boldin an elite reciever? Because, I'd say the 2012 Ravens. But really, you have Percy Harvin last season, too, so....

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
You seriously picked the 2nd wildcard from the NFC South rather than West? Has all that rooting for Geno confused you that much? Appreciate the 14-2, though.

In other news, the new Revocation album is exactly what I'd expect so far. Hope it has a great moment like the part near the end of "Bound by Desire."

Is Anquan Boldin an elite reciever? Because, I'd say the 2012 Ravens. But really, you have Percy Harvin last season, too, so....

He was still good but I can't say elite status during his Ravens time in the league as Smith was probably more of the no. 1 option but like Yankeehater said he was elite in that Super Bowl.

Fox318

I'm just predicting that something chaotic happens with Detroit or Philly.

I could be completely wrong but nothing goes according to plan the entire time.

Look at Jacksonville winning last week.

If the Lions beat the fish and look good then I'll switch my pick.

Bowser

Eh, we gave up 21 points in a quarter, there's a lot more missing that attitude. Namely talent in the secondary and on the ends.

Yeah, obviously it's not just attitude, but I think it plays a large part. Our secondary was just as shit last year, but they made plays when they needed to. Honestly, it seems like no one except for maybe Thomas Davis, has any fire on this team. There's an edge that guys like Mitchell, Hardy, and yes, Smitty, brought to each and every game, and with all of those guys gone, it seems like a lot of the guys are just content to go out there and go through the motions.

I didn't expect us to be as good as were last season, but I didn't expect a complete and total dumpster fire either.

Top Bottom