• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
What did we do to deserve Houston - Pittsburgh on Monday night?

hey screw you, win or lose Houston generally provides a pretty good primetime game.

They even gave us the first entertaining thursday night game this year.

Fox318

lot of crazy in this picture

81NdtNz.jpg

Crisco

Banned
This is going to sound crazy, but I really was starting to believe the Browns were gonna make the playoffs this year.

Honestly if it wasn't for the tough division, they probably would. They'd be the best team in the NFC South/West and the AFC East.

eznark

Banned
Duh!
  • Not setting his feet
  • Making a poor read
  • Throwing off his bad foot
  • Making a completion...to the wrong team

He isn't off his back foot, he is fading backward, with his hips parallel to the LOS. This is like the worst throw I have seen in forever. It's Lohsman-esque in its awful mechanics.

That's a terrifying throw to me, as someone who really likes Bortles.

Syrinx

He isn't off his back foot, he is fading backward, with his hips parallel to the LOS. This is like the worst throw I have seen in forever. It's Lohsman-esque in its awful mechanics.

That's a terrifying throw to me, as someone who really likes Bortles.

Worse than McCown's gem?

Colasante

Apparently the Seahawks contacted the Colts about a Percy Harvin for Coby Fleener trade, and the Colts declined. That is batshit crazy. Does Harvin legitimately cause cancer or something?

I like the play yesterday when Cutler hands off to Forte and throws his hands up to signal TD... as Forte is stuffed at the 2. Cutler personified in one play.

Fox318

I like the play yesterday when Cutler hands off to Forte and throws his hands up to signal TD... as Forte is stuffed at the 2. Cutler personified in one play.

Bears fired their coach and GM to satisfy Cutler. They fucked over their defense and focused entirely on their offense to appease Cutler.

LevelNth

Banned
Apparently the Seahawks contacted the Colts about a Percy Harvin for Coby Fleener trade, and the Colts declined. That is batshit crazy. Does Harvin legitimately cause cancer or something?
I love how sports media simply just flat out makes stuff up now. On one hand, they offered him to Denver for Julius Thomas, but also to the Colts for Fleener, because those are roughly two equal valuations right there.

Freakin' pathetic how these guys literally just say whatever they want now.

Colasante

I love how sports media simply just flat out makes stuff up now. On one hand, they offered him to Denver for Julius Thomas, but also to the Colts for Fleener, because those are roughly two equal valuations right there.

It could be a lie, but I doubt it. From what I've read, the Seahawks wanted to dump Harvin and were willing to release him if they couldn't find a trade, but they didn't want it to come to that because of his guarantees, so they offered him to AFC teams for their tight ends- Thomas and Cameron, presumably because they're in the last years of their contracts, and Fleener because the Colts would be more willing to part with him than Dwayne Allen. Now, is it possible that the Seahawks never intended a player for player trade and they've only leaked these reports to alert Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron to the fact that they want them before free agency? Maybe so.

Warning, incoming Lazor love.

The one thing I love about Bill Lazor's offense more than anything else is how adaptable it is. Over the course of the season it has changed more and more as Lazor has worked with Tannehill and figured out his strengths and weaknesses. Yesterday we saw tons of read option runs where Tannehill kept for big gains, as well as a multitude of PA bootlegs and rollouts, something I've been clamoring for since Tannehill joined the team. Sherman never changed his offense whether it was working or not and it stunted Tannehill's development because it wasn't using his strengths to their full potential, plus it was overly simplistic to begin with.

I'm not saying Tannehill has officially turned the corner or anything but I am loving what Lazor is doing with this team. The difference in the offense between this year and last is night and day.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Bears fired their coach and GM to satisfy Cutler. They fucked over their defense and focused entirely on their offense to appease Cutler.
To be fair Lovie and JA had a good run, but their time was up in Chicago. The shit sandwich in Tampa for life support Lovie shows he's behind the times.

I think the Cutler era has been a failure, and it's time to start looking at options in 2 years. Trestmann is losing the team, and may have to go.

Spinluck

It could be a lie, but I doubt it. From what I've read, the Seahawks wanted to dump Harvin and were willing to release him if they couldn't find a trade, but they didn't want it to come to that because of his guarantees, so they offered him to AFC teams for their tight ends- Thomas and Cameron, presumably because they're in the last years of their contracts, and Fleener because the Colts would be more willing to part with him than Dwayne Allen. Now, is it possible that the Seahawks never intended a player for player trade and they've only leaked these reports to alert Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron to the fact that they want them before free agency? Maybe so.

Eh, it might be true. I think I read about Irsay wanting to make a trade or two, but that Pagano and Grigson told him to fuck off
(or just convinced him to wait or something).
The story went something like that, I need to read it again, it was 2 in the morning and I was tired.

On the contrary, as much as a softie Fleener is at times, he plays a big role in the offense (Allen is superior in almost every way though). But I'd pick the depth at TE over Harvin. Fleener comes in handy for these multiple TE sets we seem to be having success with now. Percy can make plays once in a blue moon (put him on returns?), but I don't see a role for him here unless he's a really good run blocker. We have enough depth at WR. Although, Nicks hasn't done anything so far this year and we're at midseason. It's a bit concerning, especially since it seems we are phasing him out of the offense and that our rookie WR got more snaps than him yesterday.

Make sure your Pats keep their eyes open for an offer soon!

Fantomex

Maybe I'm just used to buying games on steam but why do people make such a big deal out of day 1 patches and updates?

I think if you're balancing a career and family and just have like an hour to play, that hour is gone as soon as you start the game. "An Update Has Been Found For This Software Approx Time 1 Hour" lol. I hate that so much hehe.

Top Bottom