• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

kirblar

(apologies if old, searched thread)

Aaron Rodgers has literally never won a game where he's down 9 points at halftime - via 538

morris-feature-nflwk6-51.png

Stats are awesome.

bionic77

No idea, I'm not poor.
You are poor compared to real rich people.

You have just convinced yourself that you are well off because you are compared to the GameStop degenerates that post here who have to choose between cheese for dinner or a new game.

MechDX

Mallet is a Belicheat draft pick.

He will be a bust

Fine but after watching Fitz the last few games I would rather know for sure by seeing him play. O Brien runs a variation of the Pats offense yet we have thrown to the TE's less than 30 times in 6 games, we can not move the ball at all in the first quarter and Fitz still throws INT's at the worst possible times.

jakncoke

Banned
You are poor compared to real rich people.

You have just convinced yourself that you are well off because you are compared to the GameStop degenerates that post here who have to choose between cheese for dinner or a new game.

Pretty sure here a big number on the gaming side that just eat at a soup kitchen so they can have more money for anime and games and related collectables

Hunter S.

Greg, it is saying that Rodgers is not a risk taker/gambling type when it comes to winning games from behind. He is careful and delicate like a ballerina, or gymnast.

Bread

Banned
Greg, it is saying that Rodgers is not a risk taker/gambling type when it comes to winning games from behind. He is careful and delicate like a ballerina, or gymnast.
He is delicate like a hippie, such as yourself, is when they are rolling one marijuana cigarette.

brentech

Why are they comparing him to Manning of all people though.....how exactly has that worked out for him when they needed it most.

eznark

Banned
Ben Morris' hilarious personal crusade against Rodgers has been the most adorable thing in sports.

That tortured norse mythology bit was some of the worst writing of the year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Baseball's Best Fans Twitter account is a dumpster fire after last night's meltdown.

Stay classy St Louis.

Is there an equivalent account tracking Pats fandom?

eznark

Banned
Baseball's Best Fans Twitter account is a dumpster fire after last night's meltdown.

Stay classy St Louis.

Is there an equivalent account tracking Pats fandom?

No because even Pats fans arent douchey enough to run around seriously claiming they are The Best Fans in the World.

I desperately want Wong to have a terrible game tonight, bestfans is always the best when shitting on Asians.

bionic77

No because even Pats fans arent douchey enough to run around seriously claiming they are The Best Fans in the World.

I desperately want Wong to have a terrible game tonight, bestfans is always the best when shitting on Asians.
Lets not pretend that we know or that it is even scientifically possible to accurately measure the doucheyness of Patriot fans.

Thats very disingenuous of you.

Or as Gata likes to say it. Thats ingenious!

zychi

Banned

or douchey enough to attack their own people in their city limits. just the mention of cardinal fans annoys me about how big of arrogant dicks they are.

worse than packer fans who "own" part of the team.

eznark

Banned
or douchey enough to attack their own people in their city limits. just the mention of cardinal fans annoys me about how big of arrogant dicks they are.

worse than packer fans who "own" part of the team.

Except Packers fans talk about that way less than anyone else. For us it only comes up when they are asking for another handout.

I love Chicago fans ripping it though. At least we get a certificate for our choice. Illinoians just get a higher tax bill, like it or not.

But yeah, we're the fools!

zychi

Banned
Except Packers fans talk about that way less than anyone else. For us it only comes up when they are asking for another handout.

I love Chicago fans ripping it though. At least we get a certificate for our choice. Illinoians just get a higher tax bill, like it or not.

But yeah, we're the fools!

the packer part was a joke.

i really do despise cardinal fans tho.

TheFatOne

eh...maybe? The team is only lacking large in two areas:

1) QB. Fitzpatrick is holding back the offense at this point. Why they haven't even took a look at Mallett yet is fucking mind boggling

2) A complimentary pass rusher for Watt. Should be rectified with Clowneys return. Mercilus and Reed are now firmly in the "not living up to draft position" status.

Mallet is not very good. Stares down receivers,poor pocket presence, holds onto the ball forever before making a decision, and his accuracy is horrendous. Don't think he would be any better than Fitzpatrick. I actually think they would be worse with Mallet starting.

I'm beginning to suspect Watt is doing penance for something, no way he's this cool of a dude. Methinks he murdered some of those fine Michigan hookers when he was at CMU out of frustration and self-hatred for being stuck in Michigan voluntarily. Transferring to Madison bestowed into him the benevolence he carries to this day whenever he makes Texan kids the happiest people on earth.

bionic77

Seahawks problem isn't their offense.

Their defense was the best in the league last year and won them a SB. For whatever reason the defense for most SB champs drops off the next year. Your offense usually has to go into beast mode to have a real chance to repeat.

I don't think the Seahawks have that kind of offense. They can drop 50 in a given game but they can also be limited to less than 20 too. They are not that consistent on offense IMHO.

Konka

Banned
I'm beginning to suspect Watt is doing penance for something, no way he's this cool of a dude. Methinks he murdered some of those fine Michigan hookers when he was at CMU out of frustration and self-hatred for being stuck in Michigan voluntarily. Transferring to Madison bestowed into him the benevolence he carries to this day whenever he makes Texan kids the happiest people on earth.

He framed Hernandez.

eznark

Banned
I've reread that really poor Morris article three times now and it seems really almost insane to me that someone like Nate Silver would allow a guy who so clearly believes in the pitcher Win stat to be his lead football writer.

Woooo, I got tickets to the Seahawk/Niner game @Clink. Will be the first away game I'll be attending. Also possibly going to Cardinal game at Levi's depending on whether my fiance can make it or not. Dis gonna be a good year.

zychi

Banned
I've reread that really poor Morris article three times now and it seems really almost insane to me that someone like Nate Silver would allow a guy who so clearly believes in the pitcher Win stat to be his lead football writer.

Silver is now owned by ESPN, he does what they tell him to.

cdyhybrid

Seahawks problem isn't their offense.

Their defense was the best in the league last year and won them a SB. For whatever reason the defense for most SB champs drops off the next year. Your offense usually has to go into beast mode to have a real chance to repeat.

I don't think the Seahawks have that kind of offense. They can drop 50 in a given game but they can also be limited to less than 20 too. They are not that consistent on offense IMHO.

Yeah, but the key to consistency as an offense is the ability and the desire to actually run the football.
Well, and a decent O-line, but that's out of the question

Top Bottom