• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

bionic77

Yeah, but the key to consistency as an offense is the ability and the desire to actually run the football.
Well, and a decent O-line, but that's out of the question
You can't expect that offense to score 30 every week whether or not they run the ball.

They are just not that kind of offense.

Hey it ain't all bad. You are not going to repeat but you are still SB champions until they lose their first playoff game to the Cardinals in January.

At least you have a smart coach. He may not have morals or be sexy like mine but at least yours knows what he is doing!

Patriots7

Is there another QB in the league who can make the throw that Kap did to Boldin against St. Louis?
Rodgers.

I'm beginning to suspect Watt is doing penance for something, no way he's this cool of a dude. Methinks he murdered some of those fine Michigan hookers when he was at CMU out of frustration and self-hatred for being stuck in Michigan voluntarily. Transferring to Madison bestowed into him the benevolence he carries to this day whenever he makes Texan kids the happiest people on earth.
No way he is this great of a person.
He's probably horrible to women.

cdyhybrid

You can't expect that offense to score 30 every week whether or not they run the ball.

They are just not that kind of offense.

Hey it ain't all bad. You are not going to repeat but you are still SB champions until they lose their first playoff game to the Cardinals in January.

At least you have a smart coach. He may not have morals or be sexy like mine but at least yours knows what he is doing!

If I look half as good as Pete at his age I'll be overjoyed!

The key to offense is throwing a bunch of interceptions. Don't you read??

Based on the end of the Cowboys game we're on our way to consistency then!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
eh...maybe? The team is only lacking large in two areas:

1) QB. Fitzpatrick is holding back the offense at this point. Why they haven't even took a look at Mallett yet is fucking mind boggling

love this narrative.

The offensive line is playing horrible in pass protection. When he has time he makes good plays, but he is constantly dodging guys. Theres some stats out there on this, dont have them right now.

Penalties. The offensive line and TEs keep having illegal formations, holding, or false starts. This offense is not good enough to overcome these types of mistakes all the time.

Is Fitzpatrick the answer, of course not, everyone knows this. But they arent going to put Mallet in unless Fitz is hurt and they certainly arent going to put Savage in. We got mallet for a bag of footballs from the Patriots, you really think if the Patriots thought he had any chance of being good they wouldnt have kept him? Or gotten something much higher for him? Use your brain man.

Greg

Is there another QB in the league who can make the throw that Kap did to Boldin against St. Louis?
weak throw - he didn't even get hit while doing it!

AbleUnawareKakapo.gif

JABEE

That product sucked but at least it was something new. This was Dell announcing it's 2015 enterprise machines.

It's also weird how Apple is cutting price on everything. I thought they wanted their products to become luxury brands. Now they have like 6 tiers of tablet devices and 5 tiers of phones.

Trey

If the Jets have any sense of honor or competency, they'll beat this under rested and beat up Patriots squad and keep the AFC east within reach of the Bills and Dolphins.

Zeke

Better question how many other qbs in the league can escape the pocket like Romo did direct traffic while on the run and convert on 3rd and 20?

Greg

Better question how many other qbs in the league can escape the pocket like Romo did direct traffic while on the run and convert on 3rd and 20?
better question is how many times he could do that without throwing a game-winning pick?

It's also weird how Apple is cutting price on everything. I thought they wanted their products to become luxury brands. Now they have like 6 tiers of tablet devices and 5 tiers of phones.

Apple felt bad that lunchbox couldnt afford any of their products so they started releasing cheaper stuff that he could afford.

eznark

Banned
The bears and vikings were a little better when Brent was playing.

Now the whole NFC north save for the packers is a dumpster fire.

Stats nerd blog 538 gives all credit to wins and losses to the quarterback, and does not control for outside factors. Don't you read?

Also, I am trying but I just can't figure out how a few interceptions would've helped the Packers win on 12/30/12:

Dec 30, 2012 v. Minnesota.
Trailed 27-17 in the 2nd half.
Lost 37-34 on last second Blair Walsh FG.
Rodgers: 28/40 365yards 4 TD, 0 picks

Is the Surface Pro 3 any good?
Godlike if you do bidniz

Fox318

Stats nerd blog 538 gives all credit to wins and losses to the quarterback, and does not control for outside factors. Don't you read?

Also, I am trying but I just can't figure out how a few interceptions would've helped the Packers win on 12/30/12:

Godlike if you do bidniz

I was just trying to take a shot at the current teams in the NFC North.

It's not weird. This is the end of the innovation cycle. As the market normalizes due to expansion from competing products, Apple starts coming down on price to cater to low cost markets.

The issue isn't them cutting prices on luxury items. It's them having no luxury items to replace them with, which is usually the fall of the innovation cycle.

538 needs content. You know most of this stuff is logic ass pulls.

Greg

Godlike if you do bidniz
could've been 5 TDs and 1 pick if he wasn't such a bitch (2012 defense would've held them off the turnover for sure)

Striker

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-the-top-five?campaign=Facebook_atn_rosenthal

Stafford in the "dropped from the top" category. Not sure how he's rated under Newton who is somehow in the top 5. Just watching a few of his game this year, he's looked god awful.

Not big on Stafford's decision making or the way he [often] delivers the ball, but come on.
Kind of ragging on Eli for the Eagles game, but keeps Matt Ryan and Drew Brees in that illustrious category. Neat.

Top Bottom