• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Rumors swirling that Hoyer's agent will not accept a deal that allows backup quarterbacks on the Browns roster.

Yeah, honestly, the report kinda smells like bullshit.

Hoyer isn't in a position to make a demand like that. I think the Manziel circus probably is a mild annoyance to Hoyer, but I don't think Manziel's continued presence would be a roadblock in contract negotiations. That's just kind of nuts.

bionic77

There's no way we beat Houston. Clowney and Watt are going to devour our offensive line, and I have no idea who the fuck will be QBing for the Texans, but it doesn't matter because they will decimate our defense.
I think we will beat Houston.

You are right that our line is going to get dominated by Watt and Clowney but I can see us still putting up 17 points.

As long as we don't let their defense score I think we will win.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is actually shitty enough to make our defense look like they belong. I didn't say they belong in the pros, but we will look good enough to make the Texas High School All Star team.

LevelNth

Banned
Wussle against the 24th ranked Defense at home when his run game is shut down (but not really, 4.4 YPR):

14-28 (50%), 126 yds, 4.5 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Kap against the 14th ranked Defense on the road when his run game IS actually shut down (3.0 YPR):

22-36 (61%), 343 yds, 9.5 YPA, 3 TD, 0 INT.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nice job on the Gata week 7 banner!

So what's the record for QB rushing yards in a game? Can Cam beat that this week?

Bowser

I've said before that I think PFF sucks, but Cam Newton is now their top rated QB on the season.

PFF rocks!!!

So...let's talk about Teddy Bridgewater.

woooof

I heard the Lions sacked him 8 times and thought it was a misprint...holy hell.

eznark

Banned
I counted 4.5 of those as Bridgewater sacks. He was completely shaken. And his end zone interception in the first quarter....gooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah, honestly, the report kinda smells like bullshit.

Hoyer isn't in a position to make a demand like that. I think the Manziel circus probably is a mild annoyance to Hoyer, but I don't think Manziel's continued presence would be a roadblock in contract negotiations. That's just kind of nuts.
He can make money on the open market though, there are no QBs of the future in this draft. The Jets, Rams, Titans, Bills, Texans all need QBs ASAP.

Bowser

FO Quick Reads - some notes: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-6-quick-reads

29. Russell Wilson -104 Total DYAR
Wilson played even worse than his humble totals would indicate. He had 60 yards and two first downs on Seattle's first drive and 66 yards and three first downs the rest of the day. His Success Rate was only 20 percent; every other starter was at 31 percent or higher. In fact, only 43 percent of Wilson's completions were successful plays. Every other quarterback was at 61 percent or more. On first and second downs, he went 8-of-16 for 21 yards (not a typo) with one first down, two completions that lost yards, one interception, and one sack-fumble.

Talk about woof.

25. Matt Stafford -49 Total DYAR
It's a good thing the Lions' defense was so effective against Minnesota (as we shall discuss shortly), because Stafford didn't do much after halftime to put the Vikings away. In the third and fourth quarters, he went 6-of-10 for just 33 yards, with more plays that lost yardage (three sacks and a completion for -2 yards) than first downs (two).

Jesus Christ.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Rumors swirling that Hoyer's agent will not accept a deal that allows backup quarterbacks on the Browns roster.

Dumbest agent ever. Every team has at least one backup quarterback if to do nothing else than to hold a clipboard and play in garbage time. Some are even holders for kicks.

Not sure if it was discussed in last week's thread, but supposedly Hoyer doesn't want to sign a long-term deal with the Browns with Manziel on the roster. Supposedly.

Personally, I am sold on Hoyer, but I see very little reason for the Browns to resume contract negotiations with him during the season. A lot could happen in the next 11 games. He could get seriously injured again. His play could degrade significantly.

But if he stays healthy and plays at this level for the duration, pay the man.

They were just talking about this on CBS radio. Hoyer has the same agent as Flacco and they are saying that he is perfectly content to let the season play out and then sign with who ever offers the most. It would be nuts if the Browns finally get a decent QB and then he walks.

Gobias

Banned
They were just talking about this on CBS radio. Hoyer has the same agent as Flacco and they are saying that he is perfectly content to let the season play out and then sign with who ever offers the most. It would be nuts if the Browns finally get a decent QB and then he walks.

At least it won't be before he takes us to a Super Bowl victory this year.

#BELIEVELAND

great OP, Grover

Go Steelers! I am confident that this is one of those games where they pull out a win despite themselves.

The march to 8-8 continues!

Bowser

A couple of gifs from the Panthers/Bengals game:

Cam has been throwing some beautiful passes into tight windows this season:

WeeklyThirdAfricanwildcat.gif

Fozzy might just be the best back on this team. The run game (ex-Cam) really struggled when he re-aggravated his quad injury late in the game:

KB got called for OPI here, but it was clear he was being held before he past 5 yards before he pushed off:

LUUUKKKKEEEEEE:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The whole situation really does put Cleveland in a bind when there was every expectation that Hoyer was going to suck and Manziel was going to take over somewhere later in the season. On the upside, they have Manziel locked in for a few years at a low price.

Manziel's sponsors are probably madder than hell too because we've got a backup quarterback in Snickers commercials.

Dragon

Banned
6-0 in fantasy, the Pats offense looking better. I'll take it!

The whole situation really does put Cleveland in a bind when there was every expectation that Hoyer was going to suck and Manziel was going to take over somewhere later in the season. On the upside, they have Manziel locked in for a few years at a low price.

Manziel's sponsors are probably madder than hell too because we've got a backup quarterback in Snickers commercials.

It's probably better for Manziel's career honestly.

LevelNth

Banned
I still cannot believe how well the Niners defense is playing with all of the injuries that side of ball has sustained.

No starting NT, lost both MLB's, no Aldon, no starting CB, no nickel CB. Unfortunately that's all a little too much and I feel reality is likely going to set in against PeyPey next week.

Giants apparently have "some" interest in Mike Williams.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gi...-receiver-cruz-blog-entry-1.1973478?cid=bitly

Mike Williams, a former No. 1 receiver in Tampa who was traded to the Buffalo Bills this offseason, has officially requested a trade, and the Daily News has learned the Giants have “some” interest in acquiring him. The details make the possibility seem like a longshot, but given how shorthanded their receiving corps is with Cruz out for the season, a team source said they will likely at least explore it.

Stephen A Smith's birthday is totally ruined
:jnc

ATL @ BAL / With the way Atlanta's been playing, it's a near impossibility for them to go into Baltimore and walk away with a W
TEN @ WAS
SEA @ STL
CLE @ JAX
CIN @ IND
MIA @ CHI
NO @ DET
CAR @ GB

KC @ SD
ARI @ OAK
NYG @ DAL

SF @ DEN

HOU @ PIT

If Hoyer is healthy and successful for the entire year and gets the Browns to the playoffs, the Browns will move heaven and earth to keep him. I'm not really concerned about him walking in this scenario. If he does, he'll be every bit as loathed as LeBron was in 2010.

I think Hoyer and his agent will play hardball, as they should, but I think he definitely wants to stay here. While I think forcing the Browns to trade Manziel would be a dick move on Hoyer's part, Farmer would probably capitulate.

Bowser

Considering Doug Whaley said:

"The agent called me and said, 'We want permission to talk to other teams,'" Bills general manager Doug Whaley said. "I said, 'We like Mike Williams, we expect him back and we expect big things from him.' But like anybody, if he gets me compensation worthy of a No. 1 wide receiver, which (the agent) claimed he is, we would entertain it. But we would entertain it with anybody before the deadline.

Somehow I doubt the Giants are willing to part with what it takes to get a #1 WR. I think they should just role with Randle and Beckham on the outside and Parker out of the slot. They will have decent weapons if Donnell ever shows up again.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 7m7 minutes ago

Steelers lose 5th-round pick Wes Johnson to the Jets. Steelers released Johnson on Sat to activate Ross Ventrone.

Kevin Colbert is a fucking moron and should be fired immediately. Should have released Landry Jones. That sack of crap clears waivers without issue.

Woo at Borderlands the presequel today. Cant wait to have some fun while getting loot again. Hopefully the story is as funny as it was in BL2.

Zeke

Jesus Christ randle got arrested for shoplifting at dillards. What did he steal you might be asking, $40 underwear and $80 cologne. come the Fuck on randle you aren't that fucking broke Jesus.

Top Bottom