• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

ShaneB

If you do switch to the XB1 we will definitely get on and play something together. Tons of great games coming to XB1 this holiday, and the controller is fantastic. As someone that owns both I cant recommend the XB1 enough.

My PS4 already collects dust in between my games of Madden ;) I just don't game much friend. I got a PS4 pretty much just for Madden, and Hot Shots Golf, and the fact I thought it was free to play online...

can't win em all.

Can't get that on the Xbone. You're stuck with us on the Quad.

#Only4ThePlayers
#GreatnessAwaits

Sad but true. I just have to hope for some third party controller options soon.

Harbaugh shows some skin...
brazzers.0.0_standard_400.0.jpg

So slutty

KI is the only game that has even a little bit of interest from me on Xbone. Not enough for me to crossover. I like the ps exclusives like Infamous and Uncharted. I take those over Halo and Gears any day of the week.

LevelNth

Banned
Sunday night is going to be rough though. I get the impression that Willis will be out (It's probably Turf Toe). Pey Pey is going to carve our secondary to pieces (I'm looking at you Culliver.). Hopefully Kap builds on his performance last night and goes on a hot streak.
He really stinks. It's too bad, his 2012 season (not playoffs mind you) were promising, but frankly I don't think he has a shot to remain on this team (or even as a starter past the bye) into next season.

Brock, Cox, Ward, Johnson and Cook have all already played better IMO.

Bowser

The NFL will review allegations that Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict deliberately twisted the ankles of Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olsen as they lay on the ground after touchdowns Sunday, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera sent tapes of the plays to the league office supporting the accusations. A source told Werder that the tapes reveal the ankle-twisting is more obvious on the Newton play than it is on the play on which Olsen was injured.

"This happens more than you think and more than it should," a league source told Werder. "Burfict is one of those guys. Always on the edge."

Burfict led the Bengals in penalties last season, including eight unnecessary roughness calls. He's currently tied for the team lead in penalties this season even though he's played just one full game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...rtately-attemped-injure-cam-newton-greg-olsen

squicken

Didn't realize Hoyer only had 8 completions...

The teeth gnashing over him is silly. His game is all play action throws off a great run game. Cousins/RG3/Schoob have all looked good in that system. He's faced very little pressure. The winning TD vs PITT he had all day to let the WR come across the back of the EZ, and still wasn't touched.

I'm not saying they shouldn't re-sign him. They know what they have in him and Manziel is unknown. But they should let the season play out and see how he does vs better defenses. Problem there is the Browns have a very easy schedule, so he might not get tested much this year

He really stinks. It's too bad, his 2012 season (not playoffs mind you) were promising, but frankly I don't think he has a shot to remain on this team (or even as a starter past the bye) into next season.

Brock, Cox, Ward, Johnson and Cook have all already played better IMO.

Who was the DB we drafted that ran the 40 yd dash at the combine with a fractured foot? Was that Johnson or someone else?

see5harp

so have people talked about how ducking terrible VD is doing in a contract year? Guy has been injured has dropped passes and has broken up TD passed. I almost wish some other team pays his underwhelming ass.

squicken

What was it like watching that game as a Texans fan?

It was pure misery and humiliation for us.

I imagine it was all laughs and high fives. :(

I remember that game very well. I really feared for Tommy Maddox's safety, either from the fans, teammates or Cowher. It wasn't "fun" so much as just novel. Interesting to have seen such a bizarre game. Like the Astros throwing a no-hitter vs the Yankees using 6 pitchers

The teeth gnashing over him is silly. His game is all play action throws off a great run game. Cousins/RG3/Schoob have all looked good in that system. He's faced very little pressure. The winning TD vs PITT he had all day to let the WR come across the back of the EZ, and still wasn't touched.

I'm not saying they shouldn't re-sign him. They know what they have in him and Manziel is unknown. But they should let the season play out and see how he does vs better defenses. Problem there is the Browns have a very easy schedule, so he might not get tested much this year
Brother Squicken with some knowledge that isn't slutty for once.

I'm not worried about what the organization does, I think they're pretty smart. Its just Browns fans overreacting about Hoyers play, cause it's the first competetant guy we've had. He's not playing at a super high level, but a pretty good one for us. Main thing he has going for him is that he isn't commiting turnovers.
The whole trade Manziel thing some people are trying to spread is the dumbest shit I've heard at this point.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Tomlin hinted in his presser that the Steelers may start playing the young guys on defense. Of course, they may have no choice due to injuries, but whatever, it's about that time.

Crisco

Banned
Kinda cherry picking numbers, but Cam is the only QB to have 250+ passing yards and 2+ passing TDs, along with 100+ rushing yards and a rushing TD in a single game. He's done it twice.

Best part of the OP, bravo!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm not worried about what the organization does, I think they're pretty smart. Its just Browns fans overreacting about Hoyers play, cause it's the first competetant guy we've had. He's not playing at a super high level, but a pretty good one for us. Main thing he has going for him is that he isn't commiting turnovers.
The whole trade Manziel thing some people are trying to spread is the dumbest shit I've heard at this point.

Dirty sluts each and every one of them.

I in what world does it make sense to trade Manziel? Ugh.

We'll see if things turn around cause so far so good. My first goal is seeing 6 wins! I've never seen it since I've been a fan. If we achieve that I'd like 8 wins and if we achieve that then I will hope for playoffs.

squicken

And it's not to throw dirt on Hoyer. It's just he is completed 8 passes on Sunday. How can people get worked up over that as some sort of proof he is the future? His efficiency stats are great, for sure. But the team is carried on offense by the run game and RBs

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Cam Thomas cut and Tuitt gets more snaps plz

I'd like to see McCullers play and Tuitt start with Keisel coming off the bench. I'd also like to see Shazier return and for Jarvis to have a miraculous recovery. And hey, maybe Shamarko could get a non-special teams snap or two!

jakncoke

Banned
I'd like to see McCullers play and Tuitt start with Keisel coming off the bench. I'd also like to see Shazier return and for Jarvis to have a miraculous recovery. And hey, maybe Shamarko could get a non-special teams snap or two!

I hope Ventrone special team goodness continues. He seemed to be one the few decent players on the field Sunday.

Also does anyone have a gif on Keisel running down Cameron even though there was initially like 20 yards difference. How did that even happen lol

slabrock

Banned
So Mike Goldberg, the guy who did the terrible job announcing the Lions vs Vikings game, has already been relieved of his duties as an NFL announcer. He screwed up everyone's name and was cussing out fans on twitter for mocking him. He only made it one game

Tomlin hinted in his presser that the Steelers may start playing the young guys on defense. Of course, they may have no choice due to injuries, but whatever, it's about that time.

After the game Thomas had he has no choice.

I want Shazier and Jarvis back. The pass rush looked effective again with them in the game.

And it's not to throw dirt on Hoyer. It's just he is completed 8 passes on Sunday. How can people get worked up over that as some sort of proof he is the future? His efficiency stats are great, for sure. But the team is carried on offense by the run game and RBs
Nothing against Hoyer eithier, and would like to keep him for a fair price if everything goes well. But When you win games here people like to overreact.

This time last year banner/Lombardi/Chud were the best thing to happen to us.

cdyhybrid

So Mike Goldberg, the guy who did the terrible job announcing the Lions vs Vikings game, has already been relieved of his duties as an NFL announcer. He screwed up everyone's name and was cussing out fans on twitter for mocking him. He only made it one game

Same guy that does UFC events?

Top Bottom