• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

ShaneB

Still debating trading my ps4 for a Xbone. I really just want a different controller dammit because all I care about is Madden and Hot Shots Golf! Oh well.

What's this nonsense about Hoyer? Wasn't he talking proud about being from Cleveland, etc, being the Browns QB and leading them to success, etc etc. And now he says "nah, I wanna get paid wherever!"

Go Chiefs! 2-4 coming up is likely, but I'm keeping hope. Oakland put up a good fight, so they could be a different team moving forward too in the division. I don't know what to make of this league anymore, every team is up and down!

Zeke

Man seeing setphen a Smith having to eat his words is always glorious. It was glorious seeing him have to eat his words in the nba finals and now this, beautiful man just beautiful.

Still debating trading my ps4 for a Xbone. I really just want a different controller dammit because all I care about is Madden and Hot Shots Golf! Oh well.

What's this nonsense about Hoyer? Wasn't he talking proud about being from Cleveland, etc, being the Browns QB and leading them to success, etc etc. And now he says "nah, I wanna get paid wherever!"

Go Chiefs! 2-4 coming up is likely, but I'm keeping hope. Oakland put up a good fight, so they could be a different team moving forward too in the division. I don't know what to make of this league anymore, every team is up and down!

Can't get that on the Xbone. You're stuck with us on the Quad.

#Only4ThePlayers
#GreatnessAwaits

LJ11

Considering Doug Whaley said:

Somehow I doubt the Giants are willing to part with what it takes to get a #1 WR. I think they should just role with Randle and Beckham on the outside and Parker out of the slot. They will have decent weapons if Donnell ever shows up again.

Whaley's exaggerating but I'm not hear to talk about Doug, I'm here to state how much I loath Ruben Randle. Didn't see what the big deal was predraft with this guy, still don't, I think he's hot shit, but Giant fans may disagree with me. Beckham will be awesome if things go right.

I think we will beat Houston.

You are right that our line is going to get dominated by Watt and Clowney but I can see us still putting up 17 points.

As long as we don't let their defense score I think we will win.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is actually shitty enough to make our defense look like they belong. I didn't say they belong in the pros, but we will look good enough to make the Texas High School All Star team.

I think we're due for a breakout game. Every now and then the Steelers just obliterate their opponent, no matter who it is. I still remember a few years ago they put a whoopin' on the Patriots and the media was outraged, saying "It looks like they reversed roles!". I'm predicting a game close to the Pitt @ Carolina game.

Man seeing setphen a Smith having to eat his words is always glorious. It was glorious seeing him have to eat his words in the nba finals and now this, beautiful man just beautiful.

If you pay attention almost every time he says there's no way something would happens it does. He sad it was no way Detroit would beat Green Bay earlier this year which I was glad he said

manfestival

I really feel like the bucs are under appreciated here. We are setting new record lows and have some interesting back pedaling going on during our conferences. How is this not OP worthy?!

Zeke

Man the Dallas oline is going to be so good for seasons to come. Smith is 23, Martin is 23, leary is 25, Frederick is 23. Free is the old man at 30. Wouldn't mind drafting another stud linemen to groom in place of free.

If you do switch to the XB1 we will definitely get on and play something together. Tons of great games coming to XB1 this holiday, and the controller is fantastic. As someone that owns both I cant recommend the XB1 enough.

Bowser

I really feel like the bucs are under appreciated here. We are setting new record lows and have some interesting back pedaling going on during our conferences. How is this not OP worthy?!

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling 2h2 hours ago
Bucs 165 points allowed are most in 4-game span in franchise history. They once had a coach who said he was in favor of his team's execution

cdyhybrid

Cornerback Byron Maxwell, middle linebacker Bobby Wagner and center Max Unger are all in question for Sunday's game at St. Louis with a variety of injuries.

Sounds like Okung and Kam will be okay and we'll get Tharold Simon back, though.

Fucking football. Sigh.

rando14

Man the Dallas oline is going to be so good for seasons to come. Smith is 23, Martin is 23, leary is 25, Frederick is 23. Free is the old man at 30. Wouldn't mind drafting another stud linemen to groom in place of free.

Careful now, they told me that our defense was young and good and, well, they ain't right now!! Hehehe

Bucket, you're on for a 1 week avy bet.

There's only finite room in the OP. If I could I would touch upon the shittyness of 31 NFL teams and the greatness of supreme overlord Cowboys in one post!

But alas, perhaps in two weeks. I think someone else already claimed the OP for Week 8.

manfestival

See, this is OP worthy!

image.php

There's only finite room in the OP. If I could I would touch upon the shittyness of 31 NFL teams and the greatness of supreme overlord Cowboys in one post!

But alas, perhaps in two weeks. I think someone else already claimed the OP for Week 8.

The bucs are on a whole different plane of badness right now. Record setting pace to having the most points allowed in history. You may as well do a weekly thing to see if the bucs achieve this heavily lauded goal.

MechDX

I think we will beat Houston.

You are right that our line is going to get dominated by Watt and Clowney but I can see us still putting up 17 points.

As long as we don't let their defense score I think we will win.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is actually shitty enough to make our defense look like they belong. I didn't say they belong in the pros, but we will look good enough to make the Texas High School All Star team.

Stranger things have happened when the two teams have met:

oRqoPXw.png

LevelNth

Banned
I missed this last week at PFF:

10. San Francisco 49ers (9th)
PB: 28th, RB: 2nd, PEN: 11th

Stud: It was close between Joe Staley and Mike Iupati, but in the end the pass blocking of Iupati is too bad to call him a stud. Staley has held up in pass protection throughout the year and looks like he’s getting back to his best run blocking.

Dud: It appears missing most of training camp hasn’t been a good way to start the year for Alex Boone who has looked a little rusty. Never the best in pass protection, he’s taken a noticeable step back.

Summary: The rankings say it all. As good at run blocking as they are bad in pass protection. Iupati is the poster child for the team in the sense, top of all guards with his run blocking and Bottom 10 in pass protection.
Sigh. This needs to improve to help Kap out more. Iupati is definitely gone next year.

MechDX

What was it like watching that game as a Texans fan?

It was pure misery and humiliation for us.

I imagine it was all laughs and high fives. :(

Well here it is getting posted 12 years later ;).

Seriously, if you cut the top half off and ask anyone who won that game based on the bottom half they all say Pittsburgh.

Damn I just saw that Disney is going to be doing 7 years of Civil war Marvel movies. Will be interesting to see how it works out on screen. So far everything they have done has been great.

Zeke

McClain is the third highest ranked ILB per pff man what an awesome payoff that trade has become. A top 10 draft pick playing like a top 10 draft pick should. The seven players drafted ahead of him Bradford, Suh, Gerald McCoy, Trent Williams, Eric Berry, Okung and Joe Haden. Cowboys pick in that draft was Dez.

bionic77

Well here it is getting posted 12 years later ;).

Seriously, if you cut the top half off and ask anyone who won that game based on the bottom half they all say Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh seems to be involved in a lot of weird games.

It might be because I have been watching them for 30 years and much more than other teams but a lot of especially weird stuff seems to happen when we are playing. Some of it benefits us and some of it drives jak to the bottle.

LJ11

McClain is the third highest ranked ILB per pff man what an awesome payoff that trade has become. A top 10 draft pick playing like a top 10 draft pick should. The seven players drafted ahead of him Bradford, Suh, Gerald McCoy, Trent Williams, Eric Berry, Okung and Joe Haden. Cowboys pick in that draft was Dez.

Easy to play well in half a dozen games.

Striker

Somehow I doubt the Giants are willing to part with what it takes to get a #1 WR. I think they should just role with Randle and Beckham on the outside and Parker out of the slot. They will have decent weapons if Donnell ever shows up again.
It's still a mediocre group unless they find ways to get Beckham all over the field, like Harvin. There is Corey Washington too but he is a bit green in some areas.

Donnell is a possession guy who can't get a whole lot of separation and doesn't have that downfield threat. Some were hyping him like he is, but he's no Olsen or Cameron. Way too slow.

TheFatOne

I'm really excited for Thursday night. I got tickets to the Pats/Jets game a while back. I'm not looking forward to the rain though.

I honestly don't care what the outcome for the game is. Pats can't afford any more big injuries. They can survive a few loses in the division, but they can't overcome those injuries.

Zeke

Easy to play well in half a dozen games.
That's pretty weak man. You gotta give the devil his due. Yes quickly become a leader for that defense. When he's not out there is shows look at the Texans game after left. In the hawks game scandrick was jawing with chancellor on the sidelines and Rando comes over and yanks scandricks ass by the back of jersey and tosses him back towards the field.

Harbaugh shows some skin...
brazzers.0.0_standard_400.0.jpg

ex.0.gif

Glad Kap had a great game against the Rams (hit 8 different receivers/3 TDs over 300+ yds passing/would've been more had the TE's not collectively shit the bed)...Sunday night is going to be rough though. I get the impression that Willis will be out (It's probably Turf Toe). Pey Pey is going to carve our secondary to pieces (I'm looking at you Culliver.). Hopefully Kap builds on his performance last night and goes on a hot streak.

Top Bottom