• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Z0TII8i.gif

BrownsGAF is cool right now

Wow so glad I was at that game! Best $150 I've spent in a long time! Pats v Jets is usually a pretty close contest but I didn't expect a game like that!

I'm not gonna sing gloom and doom about the pats because 1) Im not a shitty fan and 2) the jets usually prepare for the Pats as if it were their super bowl game. With only a few exceptions most of the games between the two teams are close. Also Thursday night so what can I say? End of the day that was a great game that came down to the last play and I'm so glad I was there to experience it.

Though I think it will be about a week before I get my voice back...

Sounds like fun, I do hate losing my voice though, when I go to a game or any game as a matter of fact.

I thought amendola was great on kickoff returns

He is decent, if he can stay healthy. He just happened to have presence today with the returns and that TD pass.

As much as I like to see Gronk or Julian making those catches or TD's, I like how there are other players that are coming into play these last few weeks. The faster and better they gain Brady's trust, the better offense we get rather than him looking for just one or two targets all the time.

http://instagram.com/p/uPU3dJtUOg/

When Team A presents a punt, field-goal, or Try Kick formation, a Team B player, who is within one yard of the line of scrimmage, must have his entire body outside the snapper’s shoulder pads at the snap.

Do refs usually help players out in that situation? because had he not move the player, should have been a 15 yard penalty ..

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
http://instagram.com/p/uPU3dJtUOg/

When Team A presents a punt, field-goal, or Try Kick formation, a Team B player, who is within one yard of the line of scrimmage, must have his entire body outside the snapper’s shoulder pads at the snap.

Do refs usually help players out in that situation? because had he not move the player, should have been a 15 yard penalty ..

Ive seen it happen before. I dont remember the specific game.

See that shouldn't happen, never, the ref should only be an enforcer of the rules, he should never correct a player, i don't mind the ref reminding the players but he should never stop a player from an infraction.. The player and coaching staff should know the rules..

Would have been nice to have a ref do that for us last Thursday. Didn't cost us the game but changed a FG into a TD.

eznark

Banned
Good way to stop the opposing teams offense os to injure the qb.

Patriots defense was soft as butter against a team with some of the worst pass catchers in the league.

So long can lift his head high as the only way his team was able to stop a team that ran the ball 2:1 was to go after the knees of geno.

Meanwhile Tom is flopping all over the field like a dutch soccer player

Fuck the pats
fuck Bill
and fuck Idzik and Woody.

They fucking threw away this season because Woody and Idzik wanted to try and apply his stupid fucking conservative beliefs when it came to handling payroll.

Team is gonna carry over 22 mil and have 14 mil of dead money coming off the books when the league payroll is expanding by 10 mil.

Fuck you idzik. They are gonna bring in that shit head defensife coodinator of seattle and afer 2 years him and idzik will be out and the process starts all fucking over again as outside of maybe 2 picks in 5 years turn out to be average players.

Jets will have the worst fucking record for the next 10 years that will make the raiders look like the fucking model organization while their owner runs this team like 3g capital.

Lol

Patriots7

Dapper as fuck.
Jimmy better take notes.

Yeah, but finding stability at the QB position is tough. My point is anyways, that nobody is very good at drafting once you get past the 2nd, and MAYBE the 3rd round, but that's when it becomes luck.

I was really only including 1st rounders, Ras-I-dowling was borderline, and we traded down anyways to get to that spot. I posted a list a while back of their recent disasters, but for fun here's the secondary bill built.

Tavon Wilson
Duron Harmon(
Pat Chung
Brandon meriweater
Devin McCourty
darius butler
terrence wheatley
Jonanthan wilhite
nate ebner
Kyle Arrington

Then they brought in through FA

Shawn Springs
Leigh Bodden
Adrian Wilson
Steve Gregory
Sergio Brown
Sterling Moore

Things were so awful at the time, they kept trying to mix things up and find something that would stick. Hell for a while Julian Edelman was playing consistent minutes at CB. They were spending high and often on secondary and little to none of it stuck. What has stuck is McCourty who admittedly has panned out, but he kind of lucked into his role, Dennard who is VERY hit or miss, and unfortunately Arrington who is just garbage.

He is, it's unfortunate, because when he's right he's damn good.
That's a disgusting list, and Ihedigbo isn't even included (who wasn't that bad).

If only we'd have had a competent GM. :(

Jets had one key to beating the Pats down last night, run the ball down their throat. Unfortunately they forgot the other part, getting pressure on Brady with only four pass rushers. Not everyone can be Miami, I guess.

Bowser

See that shouldn't happen, never, the ref should only be an enforcer of the rules, he should never correct a player, i don't mind the ref reminding the players but he should never stop a player from an infraction.. The player and coaching staff should know the rules..

Apparently that's standard officiating:

“It is a standard officiating procedure that occurs regularly,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy said by email. “In fact, it is on [NFL V.P. of officiating] Dean Blandino’s video that went to the teams yesterday and will be on the version of it that goes to the media today.”

McCarthy explained that officials intervene not to keep teams from giving up field position, but to keep players from getting hurt.

“That rule was adopted for player safety purposes, another good reason to help avoid violations in advance,” McCarthy said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...official-moving-hightower-standard-procedure/

I cant wait to preload it. It is going to be rough seeing it on my hdd the next 25 days without being able to play it though.

Edit: Holy shit at it being 70 gigs. They really should have capped games this gen at 720p, or even 900p. I cant wait to download it twice, Cox is gonna be crying at my data usage next month.

Does that include the 20GB Day 1 patch?

Top Bottom