• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

I have one of those Starbucks instant packets, and it's actually really good

1407118594813.gif

What happened to you, man? Your ass used to be beautiful.

Dragon

Banned
I cant wait to preload it. It is going to be rough seeing it on my hdd the next 25 days without being able to play it though.

Edit: Holy shit at it being 70 gigs. They really should have capped games this gen at 720p, or even 900p. I cant wait to download it twice, Cox is gonna be crying at my data usage next month.

Uh no, that would be horrible. Fuck 720p. If they did that I'd go Steam only.

I need to play Evil Within especially since it's from the maker of RE4

/ubisoft
I've only played the first few chapters but it seems great so far, especially if you like RE4 and maybe even older survival horror games. The worst part of the game for me is on the tech side, the framerate struggles at times and it has letterboxing that makes over 30% of the screen black bars. So dumb.

bionic77

I have one of those Starbucks instant packets, and it's actually really good
Try a nespresso.

Soooo good.

Man the Pats have mastered not beating themselves. Other than cheating I wonder what their secret is? Probably just do the opposite of whatever Tomlin is doing. :(

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
love all the posts from the end of the game, fans of both teams think they're going to lose.

bionic77

They are calling it a patch if is just all the content that wouldnt fit on disk. I would much rather them do it this way then cut stuff out of the game.
Why not another disc?

This must suck for people with shit internet.

3DS laughs at these pathetic 'next gen' consoles.

Why not another disc?

I am download only on xb1, so another disk wouldnt have done anything for me. The reason they are not doing a second disk is because they are sending the game out to be pressed and packed now, but this content isnt even finished yet, they are going to work on it until close to launch, so they would have had to delay the game to get it all ready to be on disk.

methodman

Banned
I am download only on xb1, so another disk wouldnt have done anything for me. The reason they are not doing a second disk is because they are sending the game out to be pressed and packed now, but this content isnt even finished yet, they are going to work on it until close to launch, so they would have had to delay the game to get it all ready to be on disk.
I won't complain too much if I could preload the patch before the game is released (as a disc buyer)

Bowser

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 16m16 minutes ago
Kelvin Benjamin walking to practice with pads on and helmet in hand

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Packers CB Sam Shields “probably” misses Sunday vs. CAR due to knee injury; CB Tramon Williams likely “game-time decision” with ankle injury

tumblr_lyg3nlqgGb1r9uuuso1_500.gif

Dragon

Banned
They are calling it a patch if is just all the content that wouldnt fit on disk. I would much rather them do it this way then cut stuff out of the game.

And yet you just got done saying you'd much rather them go to 720p/900p to cut down on the size of the content. So which is it?

For people buying the physical version of the game, it's fucking dumb.

Why not another disc?

I don't really understand how the 3DS comes into it at all. Nintendo has no fucking clue what they're doing there either. Boring Default 2 and Smash 5 aren't going to change that.

bionic77

And yet you just got done saying you'd much rather them go to 720p/900p to cut down on the size of the content. So which is it?

I don't really understand how the 3DS comes into it at all. Nintendo has no fucking clue what they're doing there either. Boring Default 2 and Smash 5 aren't going to change that.
It has the best games.

Shits all over my PS4 when I compare the games. Hell I am not sure the WiiU doesn't have better games either.

bionic77

Microsoft games division is dying, they can't afford another disc.
Yankee disagrees with me but I think they are all dying.

I am sticking with my prediction of a roku or Apple TV like device replacing consoles for next gen with 'good enough' graphics.

I cant wait to preload it. It is going to be rough seeing it on my hdd the next 25 days without being able to play it though.

Edit: Holy shit at it being 70 gigs. They really should have capped games this gen at 720p, or even 900p. I cant wait to download it twice, Cox is gonna be crying at my data usage next month.

lol

bionic77

bionic, you have to play them to compare them
I played like 5 minutes of destiny and at least 2 hours of FIFA. That's not enough to form an honest opinion? I figure that is enough for most videogame journalist and GAF posters...

Honestly the games just don't appeal to me. Was so disappointed this last e3.

Trey

I am sticking with my prediction of a roku or Apple TV like device replacing consoles for next gen with 'good enough' graphics.

Streaming games will never catch on, and people are always going to want the console that can produce the best graphics. Devs want more and more computing power so that they can script more interesting encounters at higher fidelity, and the publishers want the high roi that AAA game franchises bring in.

What about gaming do you see set top devices becoming the norm? Every single entry so far has been utterly rejected by the market.

bionic77

Streaming games will never catch on, and people are always going to want the console that can produce the best graphics. Devs want more and more computing power so that they can script more interesting encounters at higher fidelity, and the publishers want the high roi that AAA game franchises bring in.

What about gaming do you see set top devices becoming the norm? Every single entry so far has been utterly rejected by the market.
The power of cheap arm chips is approaching 360 levels if we haven't gotten there already. We are still playing those games this gen. Just at 1080P. In another 4 years you will be able to play today's games on your Apple TV or something similar. But the console or device will be 80 bucks and the games will be cheap as shit. All we are missing is the controller and developer support. Someone is going to figure that out and take advantage.

I see the shit of phone and tablet games rising to the top. The shit financial situation of Nintendo and Sony doesn't help matters.

Greg

I played like 5 minutes of destiny and at least 2 hours of FIFA. That's not enough to form an honest opinion? I figure that is enough for most videogame journalist and GAF posters...

Honestly the games just don't appeal to me. Was so disappointed this last e3.
damn, you got me

bionic's videogaming future is playing Angry Birds at 4K/60fps on your living room couch. Talk about dystopian.

This is one prediction of yours I hope doesn't come to pass sir!

At this point I'm surprised Apple didn't try their hand at making a console. Guess they feel content with the phone market

If Apple cared at all about traditional games they would have been pushing for support on Macs for years. It's not even on their radar. They'd either have to create an API toolchain or embrace DirectX for it to happen. I can't picture them doing either thing.

Trey

The power of cheap arm chips is approaching 360 levels if we haven't gotten there already. We are still playing those games this gen. Just at 1080P. In another 4 years you will be able to play today's games on your Apple TV or something similar. But the console or device will be 80 bucks and the games will be cheap as shit. All we are missing is the controller and developer support. Someone is going to figure that out and take advantage.

I see the shit of phone and tablet games rising to the top. The shit financial situation of Nintendo and Sony doesn't help matters.

And then we'll have true 3D/virtual reality gaming for the first time and game experiences never before seen due to prior hardware limitations.

I do agree that "good enough" gaming will hit a threshold where it makes enough sense from multiple angles to buy a cheap set top for your humble gaming needs, but by then the major gaming companies should have services up and running (something Steam like) to accommodate that level of desire while also capable of running the Next Big Thing (tm).

Draxal

Phone and tablet games are starting to hit the the same problems that PC/Console games are.

As the tech rises so do the development costs, and it'll just be too risky to make these games.

The reason phone/tablet games were doing so well is that they incorporated IAP since it was a new medium, while there would have been so much backlash for Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony to do so now.

If Nintendo were able to use IAP's in say Pokemon, without the backlash they would have received they would be rolling in cash. If Nintendo ever truly realized a way to monetize Fire Emblem, they'd have all my money.

Are you just really dumb or something? If they wouldnt waste time with 1080p textures then they could cut down the size of games while still giving the same amount of content. Its like you are so desperate to disagree with me that you dont even read what I post. This game would look just as good at 900p and would take up less space for people who have download caps and such.

Top Bottom