• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

brentech

Are you just really dumb or something? If they wouldnt waste time with 1080p textures then they could cut down the size of games while still giving the same amount of content. Its like you are so desperate to disagree with me that you dont even read what I post. This game would look just as good at 900p and would take up less space for people who have download caps and such.

degrading the quality of a game that is supposed to increase the quality of the visuals (that all the MCC lovers have been hyping for months), is simply not the solution. You can think others are dumb, but you're bat shit insane at this point.

degrading the quality of a game that is supposed to increase the quality of the visuals (that all the MCC lovers have been hyping for months), is simply not the solution. You can think others are dumb, but you're bat shit insane at this point.

Have you seen Ryse? Game looks amazing at 900p. People are excited for the MCC because of the games running at 60fps. No one actually cares about resolution except crazy people. I really doubt anyone would even be able to tell if they lowered the resolution.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 6m6 minutes ago

Kelvin Benjamin practicing with his helmet on, appeared to be doing every drill. I would bet he plays Sunday.

daniel-bryan-yes.gif

I've been really lazy lately :( My gym trips have greatly reduced.

Don't feel too bad. I haven't been to the gym in like three weeks.

#FlabbyAndSick

bionic77

He is crazy but I don't care about graphics much anymore. Artwork is king (though the lighting and rain effects of that new PS4 game were pretty and nothing I saw last gen looked like that(.

Fire Emblem has shite graphics and its game of the generation!

tmdorsey

I'm not well versed in all these newer games, but just based on pics and videos I've seen online the closer to realistic these games try to look the faker they look. These developers need to invest these consoles technical power in good art and animation/physics.

And I for the most part agree with bionic. Of course I'm an old like him.

I've been really lazy lately :( My gym trips have greatly reduced.

At least get on a bike or something if you're gonna be lazy.

I need to start lifting again on a full schedule soon. I don't wake up early enough to go to the gym before work, and it throws everything off if I have something to go do something after works. At least I'm getting my cardio in. I think I've lost around 10 lbs in 2 months when I started calorie tracking, too.

Feels good, man, but my feet are torn up because I need new shoes :(

brentech

He is crazy but I don't care about graphics much anymore. Artwork is king (though the lighting and rain effects of that new PS4 game were pretty and nothing I saw last gen looked like that(.

Fire Emblem has shite graphics and its game of the generation!

every single post I've seen in regards to this re-release being great has had to do with the visuals. I'm not even sure I've seen a post to do with FPS up until the last 24 hours in this thread.
Maybe there was some, but every post I recall seeing had to do with pure image quality increase. It's laughable to go back on that now that it takes up more space.

I'm not talking about games in general, but the way people have been talking about this specific game up until this point. I do agree that it probably wouldn't be a huge difference, but I'm not the one that's been touting MCC for becoming a better looking version of all the old games.

Have you seen Ryse? Game looks amazing at 900p.
Ryse is one of the more technically accomplished games thus far this generation and considering the state of the Xbox One SDK at release, 900p was acceptable factoring in what was being pushed onscreen. It's a beautiful game. Excluding Halo 2, you're advocating for HD remasters of 3 Xbox 360 games to be....720p. You lost me there.

but every post I recall seeing had to do with pure image quality increase.
Image quality only matters to crazy people. I personally have my Xbox One and PS4 hooked up to my bad ass 36inch Sony Trinitron from 1998. Take that resolution!

bionic77

every single post I've seen in regards to this re-release being great has had to do with the visuals. I'm not even sure I've seen a post to do with FPS up until the last 24 hours in this thread.
Maybe there was some, but every post I recall seeing had to do with pure image quality increase. It's laughable to go back on that now that it takes up more space.

I'm not talking about games in general, but the way people have been talking about this specific game up until this point. I do agree that it probably wouldn't be a huge difference, but I'm not the one that's been touting MCC for becoming a better looking version of all the old games.
If only the technology to put 2 discs in one box existed we wouldn't have to make this awful choice between shit graphics or a 20 gig day one update.

Maybe next gen...

Dragon

Banned
Are you just really dumb or something? If they wouldnt waste time with 1080p textures then they could cut down the size of games while still giving the same amount of content. Its like you are so desperate to disagree with me that you dont even read what I post. This game would look just as good at 900p and would take up less space for people who have download caps and such.

It would not look just as good. At all. That's what you're missing. Eyeballs that work.

Jets are the first team in NFL history to commit no turnovers, run for 200+ yards, have possession of the ball for over 40 minutes...and lose.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Saying games should be crippled to 720p or 900p because people have bandwidth caps is like putting a governor on your lambo because the speed limit sign says 55.

Maybe you should complain to your ISP, and your congressmen that your ISP has bandwidth caps. Or, you could just, you know, but the disc version of the game?

Trey

If given the choice, the vast majority of people will pick better visuals over the size of the game. You have to look at the game every time you play it, but for most people they don't have to worry about its download passed the time it takes for the download to complete. It's an inconvenience for people with download caps, impatience, an overfull storage component, or some combination of the aforementioned. But if you draw a dichotomy between graphical fidelity and disc size, and ask the purchasing public to choose, the former wins every time.

I bought a case of Weihenstephaner Oktoberfestbier this week. It's sort of crazy how drinkable it is. It's not as good as their Hefeweissbier but I can get that all year round. It is pretty much the best hefeweissen you can get though.

Spinluck

Peanut "Tillman" says Marvin Harrison is the best offensive player he's ever lined up against.

THE MMQB: Who’s the best offensive player you ever played against?

TILLMAN: Marvin Harrison. We played a lot of Tampa 2 with coach Smith, and I could never touch him, couldn’t jam him. He was so quick, like a little rabbit. I missed every time. Hardest person I ever had to cover. And most people don’t think that. Like, who would you have guessed I would say?

THE MMQB: Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson.

TILLMAN: Nope. Marvin Harrison. He was unstoppable. The best I ever played against. He made me look terrible.

Ty Law (fuck Ty Law) is probably the one corner that I can remember that did consistently well against Harrison.

Why not another disc?

This must suck for people with shit internet.

3DS laughs at these pathetic 'next gen' consoles.

As awesome as the 3DS is, let's not pretend it's not a piece of shit hardware wise. The games are great though.

ShaneB

Don't feel too bad. I haven't been to the gym in like three weeks.

#FlabbyAndSick

My old schedule usually had me going 4 times a week, now I'm lucky if I get the energy to go twice a week.

At least get on a bike or something if you're gonna be lazy.

I need to start lifting again on a full schedule soon. I don't wake up early enough to go to the gym before work, and it throws everything off if I have something to go do something after works. At least I'm getting my cardio in. I think I've lost around 10 lbs in 2 months when I started calorie tracking, too.

Feels good, man, but my feet are torn up because I need new shoes :(

Yeah, I have the days where I just get to the gym and do a cardio routine for an hour just to feel like I've done something. I've been having issues with my knees though, which have really hindered how much I can push on Leg days :(

Come lift with me Shane, I'll pump you up!!

Would be fun!

angry metal!

Indeed! I'll be going tonight and listening to Revocation's new album.

Yup. Great desert beer. It's also a great ending beer, as it only comes in 22oz bottles and is 10% abv.

Nice, I'll have to look out for it, thanks for the heads up.

I should have my XBO by the time the MCC comes out so I'll have to add any of you bros that I don't already have on my friends list.

Tom Penny

"Any player about to break a record like this isn’t going to have many what-ifs in his career, but the one that’s impossible not to consider is, “What would have happened had the Colts figured out a way to keep Marshall Faulk

Really interesting to think about

He's always made shit players like Wayne, Harrison, James and Faulk look good.

Spinluck

"Any player about to break a record like this isn’t going to have many what-ifs in his career, but the one that’s impossible not to consider is, “What would have happened had the Colts figured out a way to keep Marshall Faulk

Really interesting to think about

It's always funny hearing Faulk side with Peyton in any discussion or debate on NFLN, he probably thinks about too lol.

But I like Kurt Warner so I guess everything ended the way it should have.

Nice, I'll have to look out for it, thanks for the heads up.

I should have my XBO by the time the MCC comes out so I'll have to add any of you bros that I don't already have on my friends list.

Awesome man, cant wait to finally get online with you.

For the people saying that they need 1080p, at launch people were talking about how great Killzone SF looked, and they were right it looks amazing, but then it turned out months later that it wasnt actually in 1080p. I would personally rather all devs push for 60fps in their games rather then pushing for higer resolutions like they do now. My downloads are uncapped, so the size of the games dont matter to me, I was just saying for people complaining about how big downloads are getting if they lowered the resolution no one would really notice and they could save space that way.

MechDX

I could care less about how many P's a game is. I want a fun, good looking game period.

Oh and here is a Destiny gif:

fdGVtqN.gif

:jnc I have a PSO addiction to this game. Just got my second character to level 23 and my first is 27 about to hit 28. Need to start a 3rd character, Hunter, since I have multiple exotic hunter pieces to use.

I could care less about how many P's a game is. I want a fun, good looking game period.

Oh and here is a Destiny gif:

fdGVtqN.gif

:jnc I have a PSO addiction to this game. Just got my second character to level 23 and my first is 27 about to hit 28. Need to start a 3rd character, Hunter, since I have multiple exotic hunter pieces to use.
You want a good looking game but you don't care about something that affects how good it looks?

I understand resolution isn't the end all be all for some people but it has a place, otherwise we wouldn't be using HD TV's.

If it's a matter of 1080p or 60 fps I will take the framerate, though.

Top Bottom