• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Slo

So what's the deal with CJ Spiller? There's an article on KFAN about him possibly being available at the trade deadline. Guy's been losing carries to Fred Jackson it seems?

jakncoke

Banned
So what's the deal with CJ Spiller? There's an article on KFAN about him possibly being available at the trade deadline. Guy's been losing carries to Fred Jackson it seems?

Because he is a bust bum! trade him to the Hamilton team for maple syrup

zychi

Banned
I borrowed madden for a while, every year I have to convince myself not to buy it. It's the same exact game since 03, the LB are still supermen, and formations mean very little in competitive matches online.

15 is the one year you shouldnt be saying it hasnt changed. tackling is better, defensive pass rush is better. you cant break a 90 yard rush off every other play because you used the "truck stick".

I'm so done with gaming side, the lack of actual information pisses me off.

People telling me internet speed doesnt matter when playing games online. GTFO. 28.8 would have stayed the standard for console gaming then.

eznark

Banned
I thought the biggest step forward the game took was 13 with the new physics. It helped things make a little more fluid and natural, things played out a little different every time (also makes for some hilarious glitches), I just feel like it's been stagnant though. It was one reason I was so dissapointed with NBA2k14. It looks amazing, but it all still feels clunky.

They made some excellent improvements to MUT and the line play and defensive back play is hugely improved, which is nice. At this point what can they do besides small increments? They nailed online franchises last year.

In however many years of Madden GAF League, six or so, this is by far the fewest complaints about on field issues we've had. By a country fucking mile. There are still issues with Donnie being a fucking retard in regards to player ratings but that's about the worst of it.

There was talk during the offseason that the Eagles tried to trade for him before they traded for Sproles. I bet they wish they moved him now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
15 is the one year you shouldnt be saying it hasnt changed. tackling is better, defensive pass rush is better. you cant break a 90 yard rush off every other play because you used the "truck stick".

I'm so done with gaming side, the lack of actual information pisses me off.

People telling me internet speed doesnt matter when playing games online. GTFO. 28.8 would have stayed the standard for console gaming then.

I didn't notice much better in terms of tackling. Maybe it's just me, but something about the response time between the player making the move has a delay. It's not awful, but it feels floaty.

They made some excellent improvements to MUT and the line play and defensive back play is hugely improved, which is nice. At this point what can they do besides small increments? They nailed online franchises last year.

In however many years of Madden GAF League, six or so, this is by far the fewest complaints about on field issues we've had. By a country fucking mile. There are still issues with Donnie being a fucking retard in regards to player ratings but that's about the worst of it.

Yeah player ratings are hilarious. I still feel like the LBs react too strongly, and the difficulty dictates too much in terms of lineplay, for instance it's a coinflip if the protection will hold up or whatever. It's not game breaking by any stretch, I just always end up dropping 60 investing a TON of time then kind of hit a wall, especially since like I said the online competitive is pretty weak.

edit- MUT seems like it had some really great strides and something you could get wrapped up in, however it still seems like those who pay will dominate.

lol of course you'd be one one those clowns

lol "clowns", relax dude opinons right? That was probably my favorite game ever when i was a kid, nostalgia and such thus the wink.

jakncoke

Banned
I didn't notice much better in terms of tackling. Maybe it's just me, but something about the response time between the player making the move has a delay. It's not awful, but it feels floaty.

Yeah player ratings are hilarious. I still feel like the LBs react too strongly, and the difficulty dictates too much in terms of lineplay, for instance it's a coinflip if the protection will hold up or whatever. It's not game breaking by any stretch, I just always end up dropping 60 investing a TON of time then kind of hit a wall, especially since like I said the online competitive is pretty weak.

edit- MUT seems like it had some really great strides and something you could get wrapped up in, however it still seems like those who pay will dominate.

lol "clowns", relax dude opinons right? That was probably my favorite game ever when i was a kid, nostalgia and such thus the wink.

lol, scared of clowns? So dont want to be called one :p, was just a thrown away comment towards 2k fanboys :p, honestly i havent play a football game in several years. I just like stoking the fire towards people that consider 2k5 the best there ever will be because they are butthurt over the EA deal. Reality is both games that year sucked tbh. Dont be so delicate!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Dunno I never play randoms. I wouldn't even buy the game were it not for League probably.

I never really have joined leagues, I honestly don't have enough time to dedicate to it (at least I don't think I would), but I do like doing matchmaking in sports games, I'm pretty ok with it in nba2k, although Madden by far has the best netcode of the sports games, the show and 2k can be disastrous. Maddens is by far the worst. The game is on all-pro so have fun with the AI making awful decisions for no reason, the short quick quarters make it very exploitable to basically put a game away based on who kicked/received. It's pretty easy to figure out what will work and what won't, but then you just end up in a loop of garbage play.

jakncoke

Banned
I feel like half the people that hold that view never even played that game, they just spout it to be contrarian/hipster/hate on something popular.

NFL 2k5? Ye that shit was ridiculous stupid and easy. Only thing it had going for it is more presentation. Only people that think different do heroin, true story.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
lol, scared of clowns? So dont want to be called one :p, was just a thrown away comment towards 2k fanboys :p, honestly i havent play a football game in several years. I just like stoking the fire towards people that consider 2k5 the best there ever will be because they are butthurt over the EA deal. Reality is both games that year sucked tbh. Dont be so delicate!

I actually switched to madden during the ps2 era :p. 2k was my first serious football game in 3d. I had played quarterback club on 64, and a couple of 989 games like gameday, but I really didn't like the feel even back then. 2k absolutely blew my mind, and I had the biggest mancrush on Randy Moss back then. Creating my own player and starting franchises were amazing to me.

jakncoke

Banned
I actually switched to madden during the ps2 era :p. 2k was my first serious football game in 3d. I had played quarterback club on 64, and a couple of 989 games like gameday, but I really didn't like the feel even back then. 2k absolutely blew my mind, and I had the biggest mancrush on Randy Moss back then. Creating my own player and starting franchises were amazing to me.

gameday 98 was so fun for me, the rest kinda sucked. also qb club idk maybe im just stupid but they seemed super hard lol

bionic77

It was hard for me to get back into Madden once I got the bug for Winning Eleven. Which was then replaced by FIFA.

Hope Konami figures it out and starts making good games again. The physics in WE on PS2 made it seem like anything was possible during a game.

It was hard for me to get back into Madden once I got the bug for Winning Eleven. Which was then replaced by FIFA.

Hope Konami figures it out and starts making good games again. The physics in WE on PS2 made it seem like anything was possible during a game.

Still ducking me on Fifa, same with Larry.

AFC north cowards

No more NCAA sealed the deal for me to finally quit Madden. Always liked doing dynasty then making draft classes for Madden. It was the only thing keeping me interested in the games.

Slo

No more NCAA sealed the deal for me to finally quit Madden. Always liked doing dynasty then making draft classes for Madden. It was the only thing keeping me interested in the games.

Hopefully the NCAA dies soon so we can get college football games again.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
gameday 98 was so fun for me, the rest kinda sucked. also qb club idk maybe im just stupid but they seemed super hard lol

I didn't want to say it, but god damn my cousin and I played it for hours and for the life of us just couldn't get it to work. We were also only 8 or 9 years old, but still.

bionic77

Ducking you? Bionic and I are grown ups, we have limited gaming time. Plus, I'm sure your thousands of hours of experience will lead to a 17-0 ass kicking. Sounds super fun.
I played my cousin in the summer snd it was a struggle to keep it within 5 goals for me.

He is a loser who spends all day playing FIFA.

Getting old and sucking at games, sports and your ability to grow hair on your head sucks. On the other hand its nice having a bank account and disposable income.

jakncoke

Banned
the grown up card up is played by olds that suck at games and or chose careers that pay well but dont leave any free time. both options suck and you chose poorly at life.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I played my cousin in the summer snd it was a struggle to keep it within 5 goals for me.

Getting old and sucking at games, sports and your ability to grow hair on your head sucks. On the other hand its nice having a bank account and disposable income.

such a losers mentality.

Cruz did a media thing today for the first time post injury.

Lots of talk about the surgery he just went through. There was no other damage to the knee so he'll be in crutches for 6-8 weeks and then its 6-8 months of rehab. He did mention:

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina · 6m6 minutes ago

Cruz said Chip Kelly came to visit him thenext morning in the Philly hospital.

Which I thought was pretty cool and classy of Kelly.

Darkest Red is the only cool guy left

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Cruz did a media thing today for the first time post injury.

Lots of talk about the surgery he just went through. There was no other damage to the knee so he'll be in crutches for 6-8 weeks and then its 6-8 months of rehab. He did mention:

Which I thought was pretty cool and classy of Kelley.

That's always good to hear, ligaments in tact, cartilage intact, sounds like a clean seperation. He could come back 100% in a year or 2.

Slo

Who needs hair when you have a Porsche?

jakncoke

Banned

Do you even have access to this.

Greg

your bank account won't save you from an ass whooping in ping pong

rando14

Darkest Red is the only cool guy left

No way man, you and me are cool dudes!! :cool:

Also, anyone who owns this jersey:

YTNOvcO.jpg

Top Bottom