• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Bowser

If Stewart is finally healthy, we might be able to limit Rodgers' possessions with a 1-2 punch of Stew and Cam against GB's 32nd ranked Run D.

squicken

10724645_345639935605287_806345118_n.jpg

LeBron James @KingJames
Home sweet Home!!! Nothing better than it. Now let's go @Browns!! Best of luck today. @dallascowboys let's go as well. #TheLand #TheBoyz

#TeamSquicken

Brother Squicken with some knowledge that isn't slutty for once.

I'm not worried about what the organization does, I think they're pretty smart. Its just Browns fans overreacting about Hoyers play, cause it's the first competetant guy we've had. He's not playing at a super high level, but a pretty good one for us. Main thing he has going for him is that he isn't commiting turnovers.
The whole trade Manziel thing some people are trying to spread is the dumbest shit I've heard at this point.

70% of this talk is probably the sports media stirring up shit because Manziel is no longer making headlines on his own.

Hoyer's agent is wisely telling his client to be evasive when confronted with questions about contract negotiations, and the media is interpreting his nebulous answers as confirmation of what's being reported in regard to Manziel.

Hunter S.

Screw it, I'm gonna pick up The Evil Within. I need something to help me escape the evil grasp of Destiny.

Me blindly buying Destiny without seeing reviews is exactly why I have not bought Aliens, or will buy The Evil Within. I find anything lower than an 80 on metacritic to only be worth a rental. The score is a damn shame as I wanted a classic horror game.

Carr's performance is even more impressive when you consider what he's working with. He has absolutely elevated the guys around him. Still needs to win some games tho, he had a chance for his first game winning drive and threw an int.

I think he'll keep them competitive at least for the rest of the year under Sparano. What a huge difference that guy has made in just one week as coach, and I expect we'll continue to get better under him.

Nothing against Hoyer eithier, and would like to keep him for a fair price if everything goes well. But When you win games here people like to overreact.

This time last year banner/Lombardi/Chud were the best thing to happen to us.

Ehh, I don't think many Browns fans honestly thought that. We were also 3-2 last year, but I don't think people had fully bought into that team the way they've bought into this one. It feels completely different, at least to me.

Banner and Lombardi were pretty much hated the entire time they were in Cleveland. People will give them credit in hindsight for the T-Rich trade, and rightfully so, but the Cleveland sports media excoriated them for the duration of their brief stay. (As they should have. Banner and Lombardi are fuckheads.)

Hunter S.

I was extremely impressed by Carr. If he was not a Raider failing me at the most important time (beating the Chargers) than I would actually watch his games to see how he develops. But, he is a Raider and that team is a death trap.

slabrock

Banned
Same guy that does UFC events?

Yeah. That game was a trainwreck. He called Golden Tate Greg Jennings and calling coaches by the wrong name/team. He would say it looks like a first down to me and the ball was 3 yards away from the sticks and crap like that. What got him off the NFL gig was him dropping the F bomb and calling people Dbags on twitter for making fun of him.

squicken

bBqxNsy.gif

Carr's performance is even more impressive when you consider what he's working with. He has absolutely elevated the guys around him. Still needs to win some games tho, he had a chance for his first game winning drive and threw an int.

It's hard not to compare him to his brother, but even now he has more pocket presence and accuracy than his brother ever had. David was a lot like Kaepernick in that everything had a flat trajectory. He couldn't make bucket throws or Cover 2 throws between the LBs and safeties. Just one game, but I was also impressed given the Raiders offensive roster

jbug617

Banned
This is what Randle stole.

According to police, Randle, 22, was stopped by Dillards loss prevention employees and detained at about 8:15 p.m. after they saw him make a purchase at a counter and then walk to another part of the store where he allegedly put a tester bottle of Gucci Guilty Black cologne ($84) and a 2-pack of black Polo underwear ($39.50) into his Dillards bag.

So Mike Goldberg, the guy who did the terrible job announcing the Lions vs Vikings game, has already been relieved of his duties as an NFL announcer. He screwed up everyone's name and was cussing out fans on twitter for mocking him. He only made it one game
He's normally the UFC announcer and sounds way better doing that.

Jared Veldheer continues to struggle with the Cards

Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians was on the air on Arizona Sports 98.7 and spoke with hosts Dan Bickley and Vince Marotta about the play of the offensive line on Sunday against the Washington Redskins.

Right tackle Bobby Massie got a game ball for his play, grading “90 percent against one of the best players in the league in Ryan Kerrigan.”

Arians said “it was not his best game” for left tackle Jared Veldheer. “(Brian) Orakpo was getting him pretty good and he lost his technique,” he said.

Him and Lamarr Houston have both kinda been flops in FA for Da Bears and Cards.

#WhenYoureDesperate

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 1m1 minute ago
The #Bengals recently worked out QB Terrelle Pryor, per a league source.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
Bengals sign WR Greg Little, per league source.

dionysus

Yaldog
Browns fans trying to make Hoyer into last years Foles, but with even worse evidence. jnc

That being said I am going to pull a Cajun and adopt this Browns team of destiny as my 2nd team.

Bread

Banned
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Seahawks OW Randy Rando allegedly told store clerk "Greg wore the crotch out of my old pair, I need these for FREE."

ShaneB

Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan are the best announcer and commentator duo in of sports.

Denied. They're not even the best pair doing UFC events any more. Rogan is solid and I'll always love how vocal he is with his opinion, but Goldie is basically a switchboard at this point.

Hunter S.

Denied. They're not even the best pair doing UFC events any more. Rogan is solid and I'll always love how vocal he is with his opinion, but Goldie is basically a switchboard at this point.

You are a Chefs fan by choice and you live nowhere near your team like gata. I cannot trust a man who chooses his time like you and gata do.

Zeke

I don't like Dallas being ranked so high on the power rankings makes me feel uncomoftable. Put us back down in the mid twenties please! Damn I like ogletree might be a a good pick up for you guys short term.

I've never stolen underwear or cologn but I actually had a dream last night where I tried to steal grapes from a small market. I was wearing cargo shorts for some reason and thought no one would see me stuff a vine of grapes in my pocket. Of course they had cameras everywhere.

Top Bottom