• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
He had three touchdowns called back two weeks ago. It's not like he's been a bum this season.

Be that as it may, he only has 133 receiving yards on the season. Im not saying he is a bum, but he isnt exactly lighting things up like i would expect and even thought he was this season.

Crisco

Banned
Seems dumb. Even if his production hasn't been what they would have liked, teams had to gameplan for Percy. Now it's all on Wilson and Lynch's shoulders with a mediocre group of receivers.

bionic77

Lol, considering my entire game is predicated on fundamentals. I've lost a lot of my speed and vertical because of my knees, but I still have damn good handles. My game is far from 1 dimensional. Fade aways, step backs, finishing at the rim, floaters, bank shots. Damn good on D especially down on the block, and a damn good rebounder.
Your last post implied that you had no jumper. If you have no jumper you are one dimensional because you just want to get into the paint. That is easy to stop in the half court. Not as easy on the break if you are fast.

The guys that are really hard to defend can usually score from anywhere on the court and will kill you if you give them room on their jumper. That or the beasts that are taller than you and can play with their back to the basket. That's a rare skill seemingly though these days.

rando14

Mid-round pick??

Our best receiver now is Doug Baldwin??

5kWV3xi.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Weird move by the jets, but I guess for a mid round pick you cant necessarily go wrong. He's always going to be injured, and it doesn't matter what weapons your qb has if he's garbage.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't know why the Jets made this trade. I bet anything there were internal problems going on and Harvin is not a efficient receiver. Save the draft pick when you're team has so many holes.

I would've traded a 4th or 5th considering the Lions situation but the Seahawks were probably scurred.

cdyhybrid

Seems dumb. Even if his production hasn't been what they would have liked, teams had to gameplan for Percy. Now it's all on Wilson and Lynch's shoulders with a mediocre group of receivers.

You mean it's all on Wilson's shoulders, because they don't give Lynch the ball.

Hold me rando.

Why did Golden Tate have to sleep with Russell's wife? He couldn't have slept with Harbaugh's wife or something?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Your last post implied that you had no jumper. If you have no jumper you are one dimensional because you just want to get into the paint. That is easy to stop in the half court. Not as easy on the break if you are fast.

The guys that are really hard to defend can usually score from anywhere on the court and will kill you if you give them room on their jumper. That or the beasts that are taller than you and can play with their back to the basket. That's a rare skill seemingly though these days.

I said I my jumper is lacking, as in compared to the rest of my game. My mid range jumper is absolute money, and my shots off the dribble create a bunch of space. I can play very well with my back to the basket too.

Tom Penny

Weird move by the jets, but I guess for a mid round pick you cant necessarily go wrong. He's always going to be injured, and it doesn't matter what weapons your qb has if he's garbage.

Not true. Look how much better EJ Manuel got when they drafted Watkins.

Colasante

Why would anyone criticize the Jets for making this trade? Even if they're not going to make the playoffs this season, Eric Decker and Percy Harvin are much better building blocks on offense than Eric Decker and Jeremy Kerley, especially if Harvin was available for a mid round, compensatory pick. Idzik killed it with this trade.

Why couldn't the pats do that

John Idzik was with Seattle before he joined the Jets.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dunno how to feel about this until theres something actually attached to the pick going back but I guess it'll be a mid to late rounder. Thought he was ridiculously overpaid back when the Seahawks signed him to that contract and even more so now.

Jets season is a lost cause. Reeks of a GM trying to save his own job because 6-10 looks better than 1-15 (even if the latter is the preferable outcome)

cdyhybrid

I mean, if the Hawks thought he wasn't gonna work out, I'd rather have them pull the trigger sooner rather than later. I thought he was having a decent season though, even if the stats weren't necessarily there.

Slo

Harvin was a locker room cancer in Minnesota right?

Not so much of a locker room cancer as much as that he didn't want to play for Childless or in MN in general and faked injuries in protest. I don't think he had much sway with the other guys, it's just that he was a fucking asshole and would have "migranes" every time somebody tried to deflate his ego.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why would anyone criticize the Jets for making this trade? Even if they're not going to make the playoffs this season, Eric Decker and Percy Harvin are much better building blocks on offense than Eric Decker and Jeremy Kerley, especially if Harvin was available for a mid round, compensatory pick. Idzik killed it with this trade.

It's not an awful move for the jets, but it really does nothing for them now. Harvin doesn't have much longer in this league, and they still don't have a QB. In reality, Decker, Kerley, and Amaro are a solid start, and they should focus first on getting an actual QB and CBs.

That makes sense

rando14

I'm so emotional!!

You mean it's all on Wilson's shoulders, because they don't give Lynch the ball.

Hold me rando.

Why did Golden Tate have to sleep with Russell's wife? He couldn't have slept with Harbaugh's wife or something?

It's pretty remarkable how quickly this season has turned to shit

Bread

Banned
I wouldn't want to give up a pick for Harvin anyways, Brady would throw him into coverage weekly and probably turn him into a brainless shell of a man like Welker.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This does seem like a "some shit went down lets get him out of here quick" kind of trade.

As a niners fan I don't like this. Less stupid fly sweeps/bubble screens and more Marshawn is bad :(

This was a bad trade for the seahawks. I would call it god awful but he did scoreceive a sb TD. Then again the seachickens didn't need that anyway

Ps

I mean the initial vikes/seahawks trade, not trading Percy to jets

Pagusas

Elden Member
for a very brief moment I day dreamed about Rodgers having Percy scorch down the field for the deep ball, having Jordy on the other sideline drawing the coverage, and cob crossing the middle as a dump off option.

rando14

DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle
Seahawks traded a 1,3 and a 7 for Percy Harvin! #seahawks

Lulz and we get back, what, a 4th? Though we did save some money so we can pay Dangereux next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#sucks2suck

eznark

Banned
A 27 year old wide receiver who has missed 25 games in the last three years?

Anything over a fifth is an overpay but then again, the Jets can't draft to save their lives apparently so whatever.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
for a very brief moment I day dreamed about Rodgers having Percy scorch down the field for the deep ball, having Jordy on the other sideline drawing the coverage, and cob crossing the middle as a dump off option.

Yeah and then on the very next series, Percy dislocates his shoulder, and cobb breaks his leg.

Compensation seems more in line for Harvin (conditional mid-rounder, depending on the conditions). That first round pick and contract Seattle gave him was both laughable and ridiculous.

Top Bottom