• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

I'm so emotional!!

It's pretty remarkable how quickly this season has turned to shit

baldwinchewsoutruss.gif

linkboy

I don't know why the Jets made this trade. I bet anything there were internal problems going on and Harvin is not a efficient receiver. Save the draft pick when you're team has so many holes.

I would've traded a 4th or 5th considering the Lions situation but the Seahawks were probably scurred.

They weren't going to trade him to a NFC team, especially a team with playoff chances.

Best to dump him in the AFC on a shitty team and not key it done back to bite you in the ass

cdyhybrid

Cdy, is it time to have a talk with Mr. Bevell?

I mean, if Marshawn doesn't get a solid workload this week after Harvin leaving AND Bevell admitting that he needs to give him the ball more, I dunno what to say. I dunno why you'd keep him around and give him a raise this season if you're not going to use him.

Jets problem is the QB. Getting a glass cannon won't solve it.

Also Seattle has no WRs now

We miss Golden Tate, but we won the Super Bowl without Harvin last year, so I'm not necessarily gonna hit the tank button.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I mean, if Marshawn doesn't get a solid workload this week after Harvin leaving AND Bevell admitting that he needs to give him the ball more, I dunno what to say. I dunno why you'd keep him around and give him a raise this season if you're not going to use him.

We miss Golden Tate, but we won the Super Bowl without Harvin last year, so I'm not necessarily gonna hit the tank button.

He was a major part of it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

With a better overall team last year which included Golden Tate.

This type of deal would have made a hell of a lot more sense for both teams in the offseason. It happening now is pretty bizarre.

cdyhybrid

Matthew Berry ‏@MatthewBerryTMR 8m8 minutes ago
SEA TAR after Harvin: Baldwin 24, Kearse 19, Lynch 18, L Wilson 11. Paul Richardson becomes interesting flyer in deeper leagues...

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 52s53 seconds ago
MORE: Seattle will receive conditional 2015 draft pick, which will range from 2nd- to 4th-RD pick. (via @ClaytonESPN)

He was a major part of it.

He scored 1 TD when the game was already over.

Yeah a top 3 of Baldwin, Kearse and RICARDO LOCKETTE is not really scaring anyone.

PRich future!

With a better overall team last year which included Golden Tate.

This type of deal would have made a hell of a lot more sense for both teams in the offseason. It happening now is pretty bizarre.

Yeah, I'm still thinking some shit happened behind the scenes and they were done with him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lulz and we get back, what, a 4th? Though we did save some money so we can pay Dangereux next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#sucks2suck

Holy fuck if that's true the Jets are fucking stupid.

Russell will get his money next year meaning some other key contributors will not get paid. Now the Seahawks can fill those spots with the shitton of draft picks they have.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Matthew Berry ‏@MatthewBerryTMR 8m8 minutes ago
SEA TAR after Harvin: Baldwin 24, Kearse 19, Lynch 18, L Wilson 11. Paul Richardson becomes interesting flyer in deeper leagues...

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 52s53 seconds ago
MORE: Seattle will receive conditional 2015 draft pick, which will range from 2nd- to 4th-RD pick. (via @ClaytonESPN)

He scored 1 TD when the game was already over.

PRich future!

Yeah, I'm still thinking some shit happened behind the scenes and they were done with him.

The whole game is a blur to me at this point, but didn't he have a massive end around run on the first drive? He had 2 or 3 of those in fact. He really set the tone and stole momentum.

Holy fuck if that's true the Jets are fucking stupid.

Russell will get his money next year meaning some other key contributors will not get paid. Now the Seahawks can fill those spots with the shitton of draft picks they have.

That's not what the Seahawks are getting from the Jets. It's what they gave up to get Harvin from Minnesota. Jets are giving SEA a 2 to 4th rounder.

cdyhybrid

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 8m8 minutes ago
In the end, the Seahawks spent roughly $18.4 million on Percy Harvin, who played in a total of 8 games for them, including Super Bowl 48.

Schneider pls

eznark

Banned
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 8m8 minutes ago
In the end, the Seahawks spent roughly $18.4 million on Percy Harvin, who played in a total of 8 games for them, including Super Bowl 48.

Schneider pls

Seahawks had over $10m in cap space going into this year, so it's not like paying him hurt them in any real way.

His only tangible cost was the roster spot and the draft picks.

Top Bottom