• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Drakeon

So my son has been complaining of pain on his right side for more than a week. After a bit of panic initially, it seemed pretty clear he did not have appendicitis. No other symptoms.

Today at lunch my wife calls me to say my son has felt a pop, then pain and nausea. So rush to the ER. By the time he's checked in he is saying "it doesn't hurt anymore" but we have two docs check him out and an ultrasound done. No indication of appendicitis. The ultrasound was inconclusive as they didn't see his appendix but no inflammation so while they wanted us to do a CT the experts were split on that and clearly covering their asses.

So now no pain and out having fun with friends.

Meanwhile I'm ready to have a stress attack.
Sorry to hear that man. Hope everything's ok.

So my son has been complaining of pain on his right side for more than a week. After a bit of panic initially, it seemed pretty clear he did not have appendicitis. No other symptoms.

Today at lunch my wife calls me to say my son has felt a pop, then pain and nausea. So rush to the ER. By the time he's checked in he is saying "it doesn't hurt anymore" but we have two docs check him out and an ultrasound done. No indication of appendicitis. The ultrasound was inconclusive as they didn't see his appendix but no inflammation so while they wanted us to do a CT the experts were split on that and clearly covering their asses.

Hope everything is OK

andthebeatgoeson

I would call a ct 'the best way to diagnose appendicitis'.

Godslay

Banned
Everyone can shit on Harvin now.

Outside of the Superbowl (which one could even say Harvin's Superbowl TD didn't matter at that point), he really didn't do much for them last year.

Doom and gloom for a player that hardly did much at all for the Hawks.

RBH

Sorry to hear that man. I know there's a few different things that can mimic appendicitis (and to be honest with you, a CT is a good option to pursue if the U/S was inconclusive).

Hope he doesn't have any further issues.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Not sure how I feel about Percy being dealt... If he was a locker room cancer I wish he could have stayed but he's really good so ultimately I'm glad he's gone.

cdyhybrid

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 6m
Top SB plays enhancing #Seahawks' win probability: Smith INT (+8.8%), Baldwin 37-yd rec (+8.6%), Kam INT (+6.5%), Harvin 30-yd run (+4.5%)

cdyhybrid

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 33s33 seconds ago
.@LanceZierlein on @Softykjr: sources tell him Percy had a confrontation with Russell Wilson after RW called him out for bad attitude

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
V6E6E8K.png

No more

Tom Penny

Outside of the Superbowl (which one could even say Harvin's Superbowl TD didn't matter at that point), he really didn't do much for them last year.

Doom and gloom for a player that hardly did much at all for the Hawks.

So what you're saying is they wasted 18m a 1st 3rd and 7th on Percy Harvin.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, it's sure amazing how many sources come forth after someone's traded. I assume we're going to hear about gang ties soon.

cdyhybrid

Man, it's sure amazing how many sources come forth after someone's traded. I assume we're going to hear about gang ties soon.

Yeah, why wouldn't they shit on him while he's part of the team and still part of their game plans?

Edit:

Gregg Bell ‏@gbellseattle 5m5 minutes ago
No longer having Harvin's $10.5M in 2015 makes re-signing Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright easier next year or 2 for #Seahawks

Yeah, why wouldn't they shit on him while he's part of the team and still part of their game plans?

I think the assumption is that if he's really as bad as he's being made out to be we would've heard some of this stuff before he was traded. So much dirt coming out now reeks of the team doing damage control.

Godslay

Banned
stop being such a seahawks apologist

xldVV4b.gif

So what you're saying is they wasted 18m a 1st 3rd and 7th on Percy Harvin.

They'll probably get ~3rd rounder back, so yeah they blew through some cash and a 1st. The 7th, meh, who cares.

They got to the Superbowl last year without him, and largely won it without his help, so if he wasn't working out why not dump him off if he was more trouble then he was worth. Might as well take the cap hit, and avoid the storm for the rest of the year.

bionic77

His body is having a negative reaction to you forcing the Steelers on him. It's a common problem with young children being raised into a family that roots for horrible teams.

Just kidding.

Hope it is nothing. Had mine out when wife was 8.5 months pregnant. Surgery is nothing. At the time I was exercising like a madman and the only thing that bummed me out was that I had I wait a month to work out again.

cdyhybrid

I think the assumption is that if he's really as bad as he's being made out to be we would've heard some of this stuff before he was traded. So much dirt coming out now reeks of the team doing damage control.

If anything, they'd want to keep it close to the vest so they could get a better return in a trade.

BigAT

It's worth nothing again that the Seahawks could have gotten Victor Cruz instead of Harvin last year, while paying less both in terms of money and draft picks.

knicks

How could the Seahawks not get better value than that? Would think the Pats would be more than willing to give up the equivalent. Guess they wanted to put him in a bad place.

cdyhybrid

How could the Seahawks not get better value than that? Would think the Pats would be more than willing to give up the equivalent. Guess they wanted to put him in a bad place.

He was having an alright season IMO, but not that good. It's really rare to get a high pick in an in-season trade in the NFL.

JABEE

CSNPhilly said:
In a conference call Friday, Giants WR Victor Cruz said Chip Kelly visited him in the hospital: ow.ly/CX1kg #EaglesTalk

https://mobile.twitter.com/CSNPhilly/status/523257151821987840

Chip is a good dude.

Victor Cruz said:
Chip Kelly came to visit me in the hospital in Philadelphia after the game and whatnot. Just to know that things like that, the way I carry myself and the way I play the game just fuels people and gets them excited and has them think about me that much more to come visit me and make sure I'm OK, it's just overwhelming. It's a great feeling."

Zeke

Smh Wussle needs to man up. Baldwin getting in his face last week which made him piss his pants and now Percy did the same.
To be fair to Russel hes used to stuffing nerds in lockers and shaking down fat kids. Its a lot different when someone can defend themselves.

knicks

He was having an alright season IMO, but not that good. It's really rare to get a high pick in an in-season trade in the NFL.

The Jets really gave up nothing though. Would think there would be a small handful of teams willing to give a third round pick at the least. With Marvin Jones and AJ Green injured, the Bengals are a team in mind. The Giants losing Cruz, perhaps the Saints, and of course the Patriots.

Top Bottom