• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

cdyhybrid

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 1m1 minute ago
Top career earnings active players
P. Manning 230M, T. Brady 152M
E. Manning 150M, J. Peppers 138M
D. Brees 131M. via @spotrac

PeyPey rolling in dough
pizza dough

effzee

Percy Harvin got Desean'd!

Nope. Seattle at least got something in return. Eagles were dumb enough to cut DeSean.

Fucking morons.

Anyway good for both teams. Its obvious with the culture and Wilson in charge in Seattle, Percy wouldn't fit. Seattle has bigger fish to fry.

And the Jets traded a conditional pick. Considering how terribly Izdik has been drafting this has to be a better move.

Now the Jets have 2 legit NFL WRs. Season is already over so the rest of the games should be used to judge Geno with good weapons around him. Decent rookie TE, good running game, and 2 all pro caliber WRs. 10 games for Geno to prove he is worth the Jets keeping him around as their guy. If not they can draft another QB.

Jay Glazer was on Mike Francesa right after he broke the news on twitter. He wouldn't give out any information but said he is waiting to confirm some rumors so he can report them when he is sure of them. When Mike pushed him to ask whether the Jets are getting a bad dude, Jay would only say "he is a different dude".

Mike "Is he a ticking time bomb?"
Jay "...no but Seattle doesn't play and the slightest problem and they don't put up with it"
Mike "are the Jets getting a locker room cancer?"
Jay "no but very different dude...Rex might be the best type of coach for him"

Don't know what that means but I know he had problems in Minn with Childress and now with Pete. They couldn't be two different types of coaches. So how is Rex the best fit?

Plus for all the lol@ Jets, the Seahawks actually traded 1, 3, and 7 for him plus paid him all that guaranteed bonus. I guess it doesn't matter since they on the SB, but compared to what they gave up, Jets gave nothing serious away.

He boosts their special teams right away too.

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 1m1 minute ago
Top career earnings active players
P. Manning 230M, T. Brady 152M
E. Manning 150M, J. Peppers 138M
D. Brees 131M. via @spotrac

PeyPey rolling in dough
pizza dough
Eli is third? Wow.

Those DirecTV commercials must be bringing in some major cash.

Godslay

Banned
every single post I've seen in regards to this re-release being great has had to do with the visuals. I'm not even sure I've seen a post to do with FPS up until the last 24 hours in this thread.
Maybe there was some, but every post I recall seeing had to do with pure image quality increase. It's laughable to go back on that now that it takes up more space.

I'm not talking about games in general, but the way people have been talking about this specific game up until this point. I do agree that it probably wouldn't be a huge difference, but I'm not the one that's been touting MCC for becoming a better looking version of all the old games.

I forgot that I was going to respond to this. To be honest the improved framerate and resolution is a cherry on top. I was just happy that they were bringing back Halo 2 online. That alone would have sold it for me.

Is it great that they improved everything? Absolutely, but for me its about getting the game back online (pc doesnt count, isn't the same for this game). I do enjoy seeing old games cleaned up and repackaged. I've bought plenty of remakes over the years and I'll keep buying them if they put an honest effort in.

Thanks, everyone. Had dinner tonight with parents of son's friends. The father suggested could be a sports hernia, especially with the pop. Guy has had just about every injury I can imagine, but he's also a Jets fan who believes the team has a good shot at the playoffs even at 1-6.

:jnc

Taking my son back to his doc in the morning for another check on him.

Yes he's tall and skinny. While the CT would help determine for sure if it's appendicitis, the lack of anything else wrong with him makes dosing him with radiation feel over the top. Plus he's not had any pain for going on 8 hours now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hope everything turns out all right, AK (and it will). Appendicitis is no joke though and can be remedied. Better to catch that early and handle it than later.

RELAYER

Banned
Can't wait to watch Joe Falco light our sorry asses up for 450 yards and 4 TDs this Sunday. Whoever the announcers are will probably have an orgasm over watching the Falcons be annihilated in such fashion. Definitely tuning in for that.

MRSA

Banned
Thanks, everyone. Had dinner tonight with parents of son's friends. The father suggested could be a sports hernia, especially with the pop. Guy has had just about every injury I can imagine, but he's also a Jets fan who believes the team has a good shot at the playoffs even at 1-6.

:jnc

Taking my son back to his doc in the morning for another check on him.

Yes he's tall and skinny. While the CT would help determine for sure if it's appendicitis, the lack of anything else wrong with him makes dosing him with radiation feel over the top. Plus he's not had any pain for going on 8 hours now.

Did you get an ultrasound done first? If that's not determinant of an appy, then they'd usually recommend a CT.

Did you get an ultrasound done first? If that's not determinant of an appy, then they'd usually recommend a CT.
Yes got the ultrasound first. While they couldn't see the appendix itself there was no indication that anything was wrong. No inflammation. The ultrasound doc didn't recommend a CT because my son basically had zero symptoms at this point.

Even the ER doc was like "you should get a CT to be sure but honestly this isn't presenting appendix"

minx

Can get a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 32 GB for $334 or refurbished Apple IPad Air 32 GB for about $400 after taxes. I have no devices in the Apple ecosystem and currently have a Galaxy S5 that I like and don't hate touchwiz. I will mostly be using the tablet as a media device for Netflix, NFL Sunday ticket, etc. It seems like the Galaxy Tab would be a no brainer with the bigger screen, expandable storage, cheaper, and a wide screen for media. Thoughts?

BigAT

Not that it's new, but Drake going full Snoop.

srFSSwI.jpg

zychi

Banned
Can get a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 32 GB for $334 or refurbished Apple IPad Air 32 GB for about $400 after taxes. I have no devices in the Apple ecosystem and currently have a Galaxy S5 that I like and don't hate touchwiz. I will mostly be using the tablet as a media device for Netflix, NFL Sunday ticket, etc. It seems like the Galaxy Tab would be a no brainer with the bigger screen, expandable storage, cheaper, and a wide screen for media. Thoughts?

android versus ios.

i prefer ios, android is great too, but if i owned a tablet i'd own an ipad. android is most likely my next phone.

i dont use any "apple" apps either. i use google music, google maps, google voice on ios(way better than siri)

android versus ios.

i prefer ios, android is great too, but if i owned a tablet i'd own an ipad. android is most likely my next phone.

i dont use any "apple" apps either. i use google music, google maps, google voice on ios(way better than siri)
Apps on iOS function so much better than on Android.

Farooq

Banned
In a conversation with Godslay about Dallas' defense, I mentioned that Marinelli seems to utilizing more blitz packages. Well my perception was wrong, outside of the Houston game, Dallas has blitzed about the same amount as last year.

What they are doing is a lot of stunts and games because they don't really have an edge rusher.

Edit: In the conversation, I also mention because how effective Dallas was on offense at sustaining drives, shortening the game and controlling the clock, their defense saw less of the field. Dallas' defense has played less than 60 snaps in 4 out of the 6 games they played. 65 is the magic number. Why?

When Tony Dungy was with the Bucs, he did an extensive study on how his Tampa 2 defense was impacted by the amount of snaps it faced. What he found is that his unit’s ability to do their job dipped significantly once they hit a specific number.

“There’s a certain breaking point in any defense. The breaking point is over 65 plays,” said Herm Edwards, who was an assistant under Dungy in Tampa from 1996-2000. “For any defense. You don’t want to get into those numbers.”

Marinelli is from Tony's and Kiffin's school. He employs a lot of the same stuff Dungy and Kiffin did at Tampa. So when people about the apparent resurgence of the Dallas defense, take a look at the amount of snaps they are playing.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Just heard about the Harvin trade. On one hand, pretty great no-risk move by the Jets. On the other hand, fuck you, Idzik, why couldn't you have made this move at the beginning of the season?

Top Bottom