• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Bowser

The Jets really gave up nothing though. Would think there would be a small handful of teams willing to give a third round pick at the least. With Marvin Jones and AJ Green injured, the Bengals are a team in mind. The Giants losing Cruz, perhaps the Saints, and of course the Patriots.

Reports are it's a 4th round pick that could go as high as a 2nd depending on how Harvin performs. I wouldn't say that's "nothing"

jakncoke

Banned
man there is a little borough size about 1200 people about 30 minutes south of me having their trick or trick for kids on the 26th, the fuck is that?

Fox318

Why would you trade for Harvin yet you don't go after Desean Jackson for less money?

Idzik has to have known about the problems Harvin had.. does he think Rex can deal with that?

I want to know the terms of the deal. If the jets give up a 4th I'm not that mad but a 2nd pick for a potential mess is huge...

ALso sounds like the media is trying to kick the jets when they are down... Why is that?

No other team gets this treatment except for the cowboys...

knicks

Why would you trade for Harvin yet you don't go after Desean Jackson for less money?

Idzik has to have known about the problems Harvin had.. does he think Rex can deal with that?

I want to know the terms of the deal. If the jets give up a 4th I'm not that mad but a 2nd pick for a potential mess is huge...

ALso sounds like the media is trying to kick the jets when they are down... Why is that?

If it is a mess it will be a shitty pick.

Bowser

I think part of the appeal of Harvin's deal is there's no guaranteed money left...essentially a pay as you go contract. If he sucks shit, they can get out of his deal and are only out potentially a 4th round pick. Low risk and preserves cap flexibility in the future.

@LanceZierlein
Probably most telling text I received regarding Harvin trade:, "Time bomb. If Pete gets rid of a guy, your radar better be on high alert"

Godslay

Banned
Somebody here must have the Carroll .gif with the top hat and monocle!
I need it because of reasons

original.gif

So my son has been complaining of pain on his right side for more than a week. After a bit of panic initially, it seemed pretty clear he did not have appendicitis. No other symptoms.

Today at lunch my wife calls me to say my son has felt a pop, then pain and nausea. So rush to the ER. By the time he's checked in he is saying "it doesn't hurt anymore" but we have two docs check him out and an ultrasound done. No indication of appendicitis. The ultrasound was inconclusive as they didn't see his appendix but no inflammation so while they wanted us to do a CT the experts were split on that and clearly covering their asses.

So now no pain and out having fun with friends.

Meanwhile I'm ready to have a stress attack.
Sorry to hear that.

Not to play doctor too much, but is he tall and skinny? If so, could be lung related.

ShaneB

So my son has been complaining of pain on his right side for more than a week. After a bit of panic initially, it seemed pretty clear he did not have appendicitis. No other symptoms.

Today at lunch my wife calls me to say my son has felt a pop, then pain and nausea. So rush to the ER. By the time he's checked in he is saying "it doesn't hurt anymore" but we have two docs check him out and an ultrasound done. No indication of appendicitis. The ultrasound was inconclusive as they didn't see his appendix but no inflammation so while they wanted us to do a CT the experts were split on that and clearly covering their asses.

So now no pain and out having fun with friends.

Meanwhile I'm ready to have a stress attack.

=( Hoping for the best man!

I don't really trust this "Harvin == time bomb" thing, btw. Punching Golden Tate merits a medal, not scorn. And the media honeymoon with the current Seahawks regime is still in full swing, so the fictionalized "insights" we're seeing from everybody don't hold much water.

I think Seattle's just owning up for the mistake of trading for him to begin with and cutting their losses before he gets hurt again.

Fox318

any other team makes this trade and the story is about that team stealing a player and Seattle giving up on a player or not managing him.

Jets make the trade and Harvin is the worst player and human being and Seattle was the smartest team ever.

Afrikan

Who can be against seeing Golden Tate get punched?

But I don't understand how anyone can actually almost get in a fight with Russell..

Russ tries to be PC 99% of the time...and would never let a situation escalate. Now if a player got him to go back to his playground psychopath ways...then yes I can see it happening.

brentech

any other team makes this trade and the story is about that team stealing a player and Seattle giving up on a player or not managing him.

Jets make the trade and Harvin is the worst player and human being and Seattle was the smartest team ever.

Most people didn't even think it was that great of a move for Seattle when they got him. So....no.

Most people didn't even think it was that great of a move for Seattle when they got him. So....no.
Eh. Seattle paid out the ass for him. Jets traded a conditional 2nd rounder which will likely be a 3rd or a 4th.

I mean, look at this shit:
@LanceZierlein
Probably most telling text I received regarding Harvin trade:, "Time bomb. If Pete gets rid of a guy, your radar better be on high alert"

But to be fair, the Jets have gone to great lengths to earn their reputation for making bad decisions!

eznark

Banned

cry-baby.jpg

ShaneB

Suddenly the Chiefs playing the Jets in a couple weeks is a lot more nerve racking.

Playbook primetime just did thier Chiefs/Chargers bit and focused on Travis Kelce. I like it. Really been wondering if i get a chiefs jersey it will certainly be Kelce most likely.

NationalFootballPost ‏@FootballPost 38s39 seconds ago
Mike Iupati, Patrick Willis out for 49ers http://bit.ly/1Cyq3Pj

NFCW should just play their games in the parking lot of a hospital.

not surprising. i'm expecting willis to miss a minimum of 5 weeks. i'm just assuming its a moderate turf toe.

it was going to be tough to beat the broncos in denver even with pwill so this makes it more difficult but i'm confident we will put up a fight. our defense is still pretty good even without willis. we may get brock back this week too. we just have to not settle for fg's like we have in the past few weeks. i think if our offense can put up 35 points we can win the game. a tall task against a good broncos defense though.

cdyhybrid

I imagine that the better Percy does on the field this year, the higher round the pick will be.

Wussy didn't want to catch those hands from No Mercy Percy.

Russell was a bully when he was a kid breh, Percy's lucky he got out of Seattle alive.

I don't really trust this "Harvin == time bomb" thing, btw. Punching Golden Tate merits a medal, not scorn. And the media honeymoon with the current Seahawks regime is still in full swing, so the fictionalized "insights" we're seeing from everybody don't hold much water.

I think Seattle's just owning up for the mistake of trading for him to begin with and cutting their losses before he gets hurt again.

Feels good being the darlings of the front office and the media 8)

The Hawks are just too important to the league to fail, I can rest easy knowing that the league won't let anything bad happen to us!

Who can be against seeing Golden Tate get punched?

But I don't understand how anyone can actually almost get in a fight with Russell..

Russ tries to be PC 99% of the time...and would never let a situation escalate. Now if a player got him to go back to his playground psychopath ways...then yes I can see it happening.

Supposedly he confronted Percy about his attitude, and that's when they almost got into a fight.

looking back on it, thank god john harbaugh felt bad about beating us in the superbowl and gave us Boldin for nothing. what a nightmare it would be if the seachickens got boldin (instead of harvin)

Feels good being the darlings of the front office and the media 8)

The Hawks are just too important to the league to fail, I can rest easy knowing that the league won't let anything bad happen to us!
Not what I said.

It's just the media that's still slobbering all over the Seahawks. aka the same people writing all these wonderful reports for why it's a super smart move to get rid of Harvin. Hence my skepticism!

It happens, they won the Super Bowl. I remember when the Packers front office could do no wrong! Now we have Brad Jones on our roster

It's a testament to Tebow's leadership that he could contain, and get the production he did out of Harvin and Hernandez.
This is a good point.

Jets, you know what to do.

Greg

Not what I said.

It's just the media that's still slobbering all over the Seahawks. aka the same people writing all these wonderful reports for why it's a super smart move to get rid of Harvin. Hence my skepticism!

It happens, they won the Super Bowl. I remember when the Packers front office could do no wrong! Now we have Brad Jones on our roster
image.php

Top Bottom