• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Jayson Braddock went on local sports radio tonight to talk about his insider reports about Clowney:

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/10...wney-will-not-play-because-he-doesnt-want-to/

Summarize:

Clowney says he will not play Monday
Fully cleared by medical staff
Other players calling him a diva
Clowney personally called out by Vrabel. Vrabel told him he will play Monday if he has to drag him on to the field
Vrabel also said he would suit up to take Clowney through his paces on the practice field
braddock also says that if Clowney had been taken at the same spot Louis Nix was he would have been put on IR like Nix
BOB is not liking being "dicated" to by rookies.

Man fuck this nonsense.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

I don't know how the Texans do it but with the Steelers if you don't practice on Thursday, you don't play.

Bowser

Yep. Like I said this is how I envision the season going for the Panthers except flip flop the Cleveland and Seattle games. We've always played Seattle tough, 3rd year in a row that it's a home game for Carolina (lost both games in the waning minutes), it's a 10am PT start for them, and they haven't looked dominant lately.

Conversely, the Browns run a 3-4 scheme which seems to befuddle Cam/Shula, they have one of the top-ranked ground attacks (and unlike Seattle, they feed their backs the ball), and they'll have Josh Gordon back from suspension for several weeks by then and he'll feast on Carolina's DBs. We're 0-2-1 against the AFC North this year and haven't beaten the AFCN in 10 tries (last win was over Baltimore in 2006).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Freeman run out of money already?

Ps5yMkql.jpg

Not sure why all the hubbub about Harvin. Seattle won the Super Bowl last year without him. It's not like he was an integral part of their team. Smart move by them to get out from under his contract. I don't think he'll do much in NY.

MechDX

Doesn't that sound like something the texans would do?

Precedent set last year. All teams that lost to Jags fired their HC

Sounds like bullshit to me.

I don't know how the Texans do it but with the Steelers if you don't practice on Thursday, you don't play.

Same here except that would be Friday this week due to Monday game. I'm not 100% sold on this report either. Not one peep from anyone else locally or nationally. Seems like if the #1 overall pick is refusing to play it would make some headlines.

Not sure why all the hubbub about Harvin. Seattle won the Super Bowl last year without him. It's not like he was an integral part of their team. Smart move by them to get out from under his contract. I don't think he'll do much in NY.

The Harvin trade is Trent truck 2.0. Harvin is FAR more trouble than he's worth.

jakncoke

Banned

bu bu picking on jests ninja, if any other team would be steal

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

The hubbub IMO is that Idzik fucked up by giving away a high pick to a diva who is constantly injured. He reminds me a bit of Matt Millen except he hasn't had a 10 year reign. :(

I would not have minded the Lions trading a pick on him since we need any receiver right now till CJ, Fauria and Ebron come back and we're stacked with young talent and can afford to give up a pick. Any diva drama would get checked right quick by Coach Caldwell.

Seahawks obviously did not want to trade Harvin to us because they fear us.

Pretty cool episode of Girl Meets World. I really hope the show moves away from the Disney Channel to one of the ABC networks so it can get really dark at times like Boy Meets World did.

The hubbub IMO is that Idzik fucked up by giving away a high pick to a diva who is constantly injured. He reminds me a bit of Matt Millen except he hasn't had a 10 year reign. :(

I would not have minded the Lions trading a pick on him since we need any receiver right now till CJ, Fauria and Ebron come back and we're stacked with young talent and can afford to give up a pick. Any diva drama would get checked right quick by Coach Caldwell.

Seahawks obviously did not want to trade Harvin to us because they fear us.

what-Alison-Brie-.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
me and Matrix have an exclusive clause on NFL Age team infighting. You and kas are just going to have to kiss and make up

PD believes in Stafford. I know he does, but as Lions fans we are naturally filled with despair and doubt. It happens to all Lions fans but Stafford is the QB who will lead us to the promised land.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
me and Matrix have an exclusive clause on NFL Age team infighting. You and kas are just going to have to kiss and make up

PD believes in Stafford. I know he does, but as Lions fans we are naturally filled with despair and doubt. It happens to all Lions fans but Stafford is the QB who will lead us to the promised land.

Edit: Rell why not throw a 3rd rounder for Harvin?

Edit: Rell why not throw a 3rd rounder for Harvin?

Cause he'll just punch Tate again plus we have Jeremy Ross so I'm good

Fox, while it's true the Jets have played the tougher part of their schedule already, there's no way they're sweeping their remaining five division games. Also, what evidence do you have that this team can win another game let alone reel off 8 or 9? The problem now is mental. Rex is a lame duck. You made a big trade for an impact player who spends more time on the bench than on the field. You gave up too much for him.

Last night the team put it all on the line to prove a point... and they lost. They proved they're the Jets.

So the Steelers are benching their starting CB for Brice McCain on Monday?

snicker
It really doesn't matter who starts. The secondary is awful. Fitz should rip us a new one, but the question is whether he has the skills for it.

The big must see on MNF? Kiesel must sack Fitz in The War of the Beards.

MechDX

It really doesn't matter who starts. The secondary is awful. Fitz should rip us a new one, but the question is whether he has the skills for it.

The big must see on MNF? Kiesel must sack Fitz in The War of the Beards.

You can knock Fitz out cold and I wont even be mad.

But McCain was BAD last year. Im talking seriously terrible.

You can knock Fitz out cold and I wont even be mad.

But McCain was BAD last year. Im talking seriously terrible.

He's been resurgent this year, at least as far as practice reports would have you believe.

He also beautifully diagnosed and picked off a Jags play that won us the game, so there's that.

Third round pick for Harvin? When we already have Golden Tate, Ebron, and Broyles in the slot? Third round pick...when we need to rebuild our o-line, possibly look for a replacement for Steven Tulluch (he's been great but is owed a lot of money next year, and will be coming off an ACL injury), and will need another CB to replace Mathis?

Stafford has all the toys in the world and has been a game managing quality QB outside of the good Giants game. Dude doesn't care about check downs, is inaccurate on a variety of throws...nah. God I wish we didn't throw that extension at him early.

Third round pick for Harvin? When we already have Golden Tate, Ebron, and Broyles in the slot? Third round pick...when we need to rebuild our o-line, possibly look for a replacement for Steven Tulluch (he's been great but is owed a lot of money next year, and will be coming off an ACL injury), and will need another CB to replace Mathis?

Stafford has all the toys in the world and has been a game managing quality QB outside of the good Giants game. Dude doesn't care about check downs, is inaccurate on a variety of throws...nah. God I wish we didn't throw that extension at him early.

What sucks in all of this is the the Rookie Wage scale came 2 years too late for us.

Hope your kid is alright, Angsmar. I don't think he has appendicitis. I had it when I was fifteen and it was a constant unending assault on my body. Me being a dumbass, I thought I had the flu and let it rupture, at which point I felt like a hot blade was slowly eviscerating me. I wanted to fucking die.

Spent a week in the hospital, lost 25 pounds and sweated bullets anytime I walked more than five steps without sitting. Fun times.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Todd Pettengill just reported that DMczaf says Anthony Peeler aint' shit either.

It's hard being the #2 behind Van Exel. It's ok, Eddie Jones and Cedric can put up points. Plus the front court of Eldin Cambel and Vlade Divac.

whew.png

Still lose to the Blazers in the 2nd round

Top Bottom