• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

zychi

Banned
M0riuxM.png

What a lovely lady.

shes the lady from seinfeld who looks different from every angle. she scares me, her fake laugh, her terrible interview skills, and her creepy thing for lebron

Kiryu

If we could go back in the time and forget about "Percy Harvin Trade". Would you guys go for DeSean Jackson in SEA uniform?

I never heard that Percy Harvin punched my Golden Tate. :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If we could go back in the time and forget about "Percy Harvin Trade". Would you guys go for DeSean Jackson in SEA uniform?

The problem with that is how would Russell be able to throw it to DeSean when he can't see over his offensive lineman?

I never heard that Percy Harvin punched my Golden Tate. :(

I bet anything it was a sucker punch. Tate would whoop that ass.

Fantomex

Should I even get a ps4? All im gonna do is play FIFA. Wife asked me a good question, are there games I wanna play that aren't on WIIU OR PC?

As one source explained it to PFT on Friday evening, the Seahawks possibly feared that Harvin had sufficient influence over enough of the locker room to launch a mutiny against quarterback Rusell Wilson, who despite not yet getting a franchise-quarterback contract possibly has become the target of some resentment among players who don’t share his complete devotion to the game, and who regard the third-year quarterback as a player-coach.

lololol florio will go to any length to suck the seahawks dick. "resentment among players who don't share his complete devotion to the game"? hahahaha. more like they don't think wussle can get them the ball. doug baldwin already alluded to this earlier in the week. it's not about people feeling wussle is TOO devoted. that is the "the worst part about this game is that it's almost TOO good" quote. so the seahawks get jocked no matter what but one peep from an anonymous source about harbaugh and its

WHAT
IS
WRONG
IN
SAN
FRANCISCO!

he also dismisses the awful trade for harvin saying "well cheatin' pete admitted his mistake and moved on! a lesser coach would have stuck with it too long! bravo on the initial trade and then trading him later cheatin' pete. bravo!"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Say what you want about Florio, but that locker room influence that Harvin had can be seen in the Marshawn Lynch Tweet

And there's this:

baldwinchewsoutruss.gif

Who the hell does that with there QB? Keep that shit in the locker not for the whole country to see. Something is definitely up in Seattle.

Say what you want about Florio, but that locker room influence that Harvin had can be seen in the Marshawn Lynch Tweet

And there's this:

baldwinchewsoutruss.gif

Who the hell does that with there QB? Keep that shit in the locker not for the whole country to see. Something is definitely up in Seattle.

my point isn't that they didn't need to get rid of him. my point is there seems to be an issue there beyond just harvin. and saying "well harvin just didn't have the same devotion as wussle, all is well now!" is hilariously ridiculous

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
my point isn't that they didn't need to get rid of him. my point is there seems to be an issue there beyond just harvin. and saying "well harvin just didn't have the same devotion as wussle, all is well now!" is hilariously ridiculous

I'm agreeing with you. You can see it in the Tweets and Doug Baldwin yelling at his QB on national TV.

The fact that Harvin had that much locker room sway is telling.

zychi

Banned

And there's this:

baldwinchewsoutruss.gif

Is there audio? When a wr is yelling at a qb, its not always negative. See dez or calvin

cdyhybrid

I'm not worried about Baldwin. Dude is a consummate professional, you can clearly see that if you listen to one interview with him. He's just really intense. I'm pretty sure that was just a speech trying to fire Russell up and get express his frustration with the failures of the offense as a whole, not trying to call Russell out specifically.

The team had an interesting dynamic last year where they were all ultra competitive and held each other accountable, but were still family at the end of the day. The problem is that if that tips in the wrong direction, and crosses a line, it becomes toxic. Maybe Harvin contributed to that, and that's why they got rid of him.

Only way to really tell is to see how they play from now on. If they pull it together and rally, it was clearly a good decision.

If they don't, 1) the Harvin trade was bad (already a certainty), and 2) maybe they didn't get rid of him soon enough and he permanently ruined the locker room dynamic (in which case we're fucked until we clean house).

We'll see.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Is there audio? When a wr is yelling at a qb, its not always negative. See dez or calvin

You don't need audio. You don't get into your QBs face like that screaming at him on the sidelines for everyone to see whether it's high school ball or the NFL.

cdyhybrid

You don't need audio. You don't get into your QBs face like that screaming at him on the sidelines for everyone to see whether it's high school ball or the NFL.

When you're a team that played on the edge like we did last year you do. Every guy on that team was willing to call someone out if they felt like the guy wasn't holding up their end of the bargain. That's a delicate balance though.

Trying to jump to conclusions without hearing what he said is silly. It's obviously not good, but anyone could have told you that things weren't going well by just watching what happened on the field. Things get heated when you lose games.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
When you're a team that played on the edge like we did last year you do. Every guy on that team was willing to call someone out if they felt like the guy wasn't holding up their end of the bargain. That's a delicate balance though.

Trying to jump to conclusions without hearing what he said is silly. It's obviously not good, but anyone could have told you that things weren't going well by just watching what happened on the field. Things get heated when you lose games.

It's not like you're 1-5. You're the defending Super Bowl champs you should not be having these alltercations with your QB in the 6th/7th week of the season.

And again, I know things get heated, thats football. Wait till you get in the locker room.

zychi

Banned
You dont watch much football do you? Otherwise you trollin'

Context and actual audio. Remember when everyone attacked Dez for "flipping out on Romo and the line?"

Turned out he was just emotional and being positive.

But go ahead and turn that into espn style bs of not knowing whats going on and pretending like ya know the relationship.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You dont watch much football do you? Otherwise you trollin'

Context and actual audio. Remember when everyone attacked Dez for "flipping out on Romo and the line?"

Turned out he was just emotional and being positive.

But go ahead and turn that into espn style bs of not knowing whats going on and pretending like ya know the relationship.

No, I played football. I know the sport and the dynamics between teammates whether it be the defensive line or on the offensive side. Plenty of times I wanted to call out our DTs out on the sideline but kept it at halftime or after the game in the locker room.

You do not flip out on your teammates no matter what on the sidelines. You keep those emotions in house.

Add that in context with the Marshawn Lynch Tweet, the fact that Doug Baldwin is a reciever lining up opposite of Harvin and the Seahawk source saying that Harvin had a lot of locker sway. That is to many coincedences.

cdyhybrid

It's not like you're 1-5. You're the defending Super Bowl champs you should not be having these alltercations with your QB in the 6th/7th week of the season.

And again, I know things get heated, thats football. Wait till you get in the locker room.
Yeah we're not 1-5. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than what you're used to watching, so any loss is a big deal.

cdyhybrid

Because the Seattle Seahawks have such a storied and glorious history to hold themselves to such a high standard.

They won the Super Bowl last year and returned most of their starters. They've been one of the most successful teams in the league under the current regime. That's pretty much the definition of a higher standard.

It's very telling that you're wishing so hard that they're imploding in the locker room, instead of just being confident that the Lions could simply outplay them if they were to meet in the playoffs (assuming the Lions even make the playoffs).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They won the Super Bowl last year and returned most of their starters. They've been one of the most successful teams in the league under the current regime. That's pretty much the definition of a higher standard.

It's very telling that you're wishing so hard that they're imploding in the locker room, instead of just being confident that the Lions could simply outplay them if they were to meet in the playoffs (assuming the Lions even make the playoffs).

I'm not wishing hard for your team to implode. I have confidence in my own team and we can/will beat you like we did in 2012. You've had success the last few years but that doesn't mean all of the sudden you're the Steelers.

The reason most of your starters returned is because Wilson is still under his rookie contract. I sense that there is animosity in the team because they feel that Wilson does not deserve most of the credit for the SuperBowl win, the defense and running game do. All of this happening is not a coeincidece and Coach Carroll is going to ride with Wilson and that means key players like Lynch will take the hit and move somewhere else.

I said it in the offseason and its obvious. Wilson will get his huge, deserved, contract extension meaning the Seahawks will not be able to afford key players who got you guys the SB.

cdyhybrid

I'm not wishing hard for your team to implode. I have confidence in my own team and we can/will beat you like we did in 2012. You've had success the last few years but that doesn't mean all of the sudden you're the Steelers.

The reason most of your starters returned is because Wilson is still under his rookie contract. I sense that there is animosity in the team because they feel that Wilson does not deserve most of the credit for the SuperBowl win, the defense and running game do. All of this happening is not a coeincidece and Coach Carroll is going to ride with Wilson and that means key players like Lynch will take the hit and move somewhere else.

You're trying pretty hard to convince us that the locker room is falling apart based on some sideline video of a conversation that you literally do not know a word of. That seems pretty wishful to me.

You also seem to think that the fact that you played high school football gives you some deeper insight into an NFL-level locker room.

None of us know what's going on in there, let's be real. Every locker room is different, and teams are notoriously protective of what goes on in there.So trying to draw conclusions for the rest of the season based on completely unsupported assumptions is pretty much exactly wishful thinking.

Trey

It's almost like NFL players are people with emotions and not automatons with no agency who go out and score touchdowns for people at home with fantasy teams to monitor.

Striker

In a conversation with Godslay about Dallas' defense, I mentioned that Marinelli seems to utilizing more blitz packages. Well my perception was wrong, outside of the Houston game, Dallas has blitzed about the same amount as last year.

What they are doing is a lot of stunts and games because they don't really have an edge rusher..
Stunts are going to kill the Giants OL unless some miracle happens. They were flipping them all over the place in the preseason and Philly did the same. I felt confident going into the Philly game. Then they underwhelmed big time. Now with Cruz out, and Jennings still out, I have little confidence in this one.

Here's what the Cowboys' defense has to do: stunt the OL, double team Odell Beckham, probably double Donnell as well (even though he isn't overly fast or quick), and dare Rueben Randle to beat you (guess what, he's not going to). I mean, with Cruz in the lineup, you at least had to respect him and his game. He could do things outside, in the middle, and had the speed to go deep. With him and Beckham it got a lot of Giant fans really excited. It's such a bummer he's out, and with such a significant injury.

So unless they get a big game out of somebody like Donnell or Randle, or the run game magically begins to work without Jennings, I don't see them scoring much.

I decided to bet 2 games this weekend. I took the Panthers Packers game to go over 50, and the Fins getting 3 from the Bears. Please don't let me down Tanny.

I have no issue with Baldwin getting into it with Russle on the sideline that happens in footbal so it doesn't mean their world is falling apart. They'll get past this and I think the Seahawks will be alright. Kas you should really just fall back on this topic and stick with being a positive Lions fans.

Top Bottom