• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

rando14

So basically, we traded a 1st, 3rd, 7th, and tens of millions for... Marcus Burley, our 5th string CB.

ibp8Cee5X7G5rf.gif

Godslay

Banned
It was a 6th round pick?!!!

He may be a bad apple, but if that is true it's not a bad deal for the Jets.

If Rex is as good at handling these guys as everyone says he is, then it's a pretty cheap 9 game tryout. If I understand it correctly, they can dump him after this year with no penalty. So a 4th to 6th rounder ~$7 million in salary, don't like him dump him. Sounds fine for a team lacking receivers outside of Decker and Amaro.

Apparently Wilson was ok with everyone in Seattle fucking his wife.

When will Sherman get traded to the Packers for Kuhn?

the shamalanyian twist is wussle setup his wife to get fucked so he could have a justified reason in court to divorce her. then he gets his new payday and fucks a lot of 20 year olds. thumbs up wussle!

Drakeon

Sounds more like the Seahawks wanted to cut Harvin but they didn't want him ending up in SF.

Thank god we dodged that bullet. Last thing we need in SF is Harvin, even if we can't return punts or kicks for shit. I think the Jets were a perfect trade partner, given they're in the AFC and are also not going to the Superbowl.

Thank god we dodged that bullet. Last thing we need in SF is Harvin, even if we can't return punts or kicks for shit. I think the Jets were a perfect trade partner, given they're in the AFC and are also not going to the Superbowl.

i can appreciate the chickens concern on a dangerous player going to a rival but i'm not sure how realistic it would be. we don't have much money and WR is the least of our issues right now. plus greg roman would have no fucking idea on how to use percy so whats the point aside from new KR/PR? wouldn't be worth the potential hassle

Seahawks running back Marshawyn Lynch, a friend of Harvin’s, indicated on Twitter that he wasn’t happy about it, and according to one report, Lynch’s feelings go beyond just “unhappy.” Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Lynch almost didn’t get on the team bus for the trip to the airport for Sunday’s game at St. Louis because he was so upset about Harvin getting traded.

That’s a bit surprising considering that if anything, Lynch should be a beneficiary of Harvin leaving: Losing Harvin makes Lynch a more integral part of the Seahawks’ offense. But Lynch isn’t an easy person to keep happy, and his personal friendship with Harvin apparently trumps any benefit of getting the ball more. The Seahawks don’t want Lynch to be unhappy (and in fact just a couple months ago they restructured his contract to make him happy), but Lynch’s unhappiness could become the result of Harvin leaving.

And Lynch isn’t the only player who seems upset about it. Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin both also indicated on Twitter that they weren’t happy about Harvin leaving.

Although no one associated with the Seahawks has explained exactly what was going on with Harvin, there seems to be a growing sense that the Seahawks wanted to get rid of him because they sensed he was part of a schism within the locker room, and the front office thought they could nip it in the bud by sending Harvin packing. The problem, however, comes up if trading Harvin further divides the team between those who wanted him to remain a teammate, and those who are happy to see him go.

lol wtf?

Dysun

Jets didn't give up shit for him and have no ties beyond this year.

Rich Cimini and dumbass Jet beat writers still trying to find ways to spin it as a desperation move tho lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets didn't give up shit for him and have no ties beyond this year.

Rich Cimini and dumbass Jet beat writers still trying to find ways to spin it as a desperation move tho lol

... They're 1-6 and giving up a draft pick for a player. I don't mind the trade because the cost is basically nothing but this is a desperation move. Jets are banking on a guy keeping his head on straight which is something he has shown the inability to do for his entire life. Theres a reason the Seahawks couldn't get more for a player of his talent.

They need to do something about Geno Smith, then the Jets will be good.

people make fun of him and he has deserved it but if he could just be more consistent he would be a pretty good QB. he looks good about every 4th game. looked good against the patriots so he has the talent but he just reverts back to garbage shortly after he has a good game

Greg

people make fun of him and he has deserved it but if he could just be more consistent he would be a pretty good QB. he looks good about every 4th game. looked good against the patriots so he has the talent but he just reverts back to garbage shortly after he has a good game
FMT, want to play a game of Madden?

I miss playing as the Packers

bionic77

Why do teams always have to leak the stories shitting on their players as soon as they are traded?

That's some bush league shit Seattle.

Dysun

... They're 1-6 and giving up a draft pick for a player. I don't mind the trade because the cost is basically nothing but this is a desperation move. Jets are banking on a guy keeping his head on straight which is something he has shown the inability to do for his entire life. Theres a reason the Seahawks couldn't get more for a player of his talent.

The chances they draft anyone in the 6th round with his upside is zero. A desperation move would be to give up something with value, this isn't that

Greg

GG, Shane

turnovers are a killer - probably not used to the bullshit moves the CPU makes on all-madden

that Jordy TD got my team fired up!

Top Bottom