• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

RBH

Yahoo Fantasy Football now available on the Xbox One NFL app:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915094

V6tY9BQ.jpg

All these "new" Percy stories are funny. He's this horrible guy for chemistry, he suplexed Tate and then did the razors edge on him, he was difficult to deal with. I get the vibe that it's being exaggerated and it's the seachickens leaking all this info so their fans say "we'll we traded our most dynamic player for a bag of sun chips but look at all this bad stuff! Warren moon said no one liked him ever!"

knicks

That could be cool for the losers that are seriously into fantasy football if it updates itself well during the games.

I wonder if any tv manufacturers are going to integrate apps that snap and do shit like that in future televisions.

All Samsung Smart TV's have this feature already. And it works like a charm.

bionic77

All Samsung Smart TV's have this feature already. And it works like a charm.
My samsung is like 8 years old and doesn't have any apps.

Buying a new tv soon so this is something I might look out for.

Wish OLEDs were cheaper. I was blown away by the LG I saw at Best Buy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas I'm rooting for the Lions to silence the scummy Saints

#defendtheden #restoretheroar

You have my axe in the battle against the Packers. I hope you beat them.

However, NFLGAF, when using "Defend the Den" or "Restore the Roar" it is preferable to have the D and R letters capitalized.

Syrinx

Have to start the Rams D since the Eagles are on bye. Hopefully Janoris Jenkins actually guesses right on an INT attempt today instead of making an ass out of himself.

First of all that same SB winning GM failed in the first place giving up a 1sr, 3rd, and 7th round pick. Then made him the 6th highest paid WR in the league. We will see how great of a GM he is when Russell has to be paid, Lynch is sacrificed, and they have to find more diamonds in the rough with less resources.

For the Jets they get him for only a 6th round pick. And if he doesn't work for them they aren't on the hook for another 4 years, they can cut him.

My definition of "making it work" is different for the Jets. Yes they are a garbage franchise with GM building for the long term and a coach, who should only be a DC, trying to win now to save his job.

But this will help them decide what to do with Geno. They have now surrounded him with 100 times more talent then he had last season and tons more than Sanchez ever had. Geno now has 10 games to prove he belongs. If not, Rex is gone, Geno is likely benched/cut, and Jets can hire a new coach who drafts his QB.

The "weapon" they acquired played 4 games all of last season. This "weapon" has 2 touchdowns. This "weapon" flat out refused to play, and allegedly bodyslammed another receiver whom he had a disagreement with.

This "weapon" is going to a team with a 1-6 record who's all but eliminated from playoff contention. This "weapon" has made it clear that him playing for a team is their privilege, not a right. How will this work out for the Jets?

jbug617

Banned
Seems like these players could be had in a trade.

Vincent Jackson (multiple teams)
CJ Spiller (Cowboys interested)
Jermaine Gresham (contract year)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
3rd round pick for Vincent Jackson, make it happen Mayhew.

Not a smart idea for Graham to play but from I've been reading he'll mostly be used in redzone situations.

ShaneB

Finished reading Gruden's book this morning. Wish it more recent and up to date, but ah well. Was a good fun read since I love Gruden so much. Found this part funny about old Eagles Veterans Stadium

As usual I got up early in the morning and drove in the dark to my first day at work. As I pulled into the staff parking lot I noticed there were cats all over the place. I'm not talking one or two cats. I saw maybe twenty or twenty-five cats at four o'clock in the morning. They were big cats and they were everywhere. I saw them when I was jogging around the stadium at lunch. I saw them when I went home at night.

The next day I came to work I saw all those cats again. I saw them the next day and the day after that. There was a security guard, an old Philly guy, who worked on the upper level where we parked. Finally, by about the fourth day I showed up for work, I asked him, "What's with all the cats?"

"You want cats or rats?" he said. "The cats eat the rats."

"I gotcha man," I said. "I'd rather have cats."

Listened to some metal/classic rock while getting breakfast, about to have my sausages and eggs, and ready for some football! RedZone then Chiefs/Chargers! Wooo

bionic77

The "weapon" they acquired played 4 games all of last season. This "weapon" has 2 touchdowns. This "weapon" flat out refused to play, and allegedly bodyslammed another receiver whom he had a disagreement with.

This "weapon" is going to a team with a 1-6 record who's all but eliminated from playoff contention. This "weapon" has made it clear that him playing for a team is their privilege, not a right. How will this work out for the Jets?
Risk reward.

He was worth taking a chance on.

If it doesn't work it is just a 6th round pick during a throw away season.

The NFL has become so averse to trades and risks.

effzee

They got him for a 6th round pick.

He is a legitimate NFL WR which makes 2 for the Jets this season. Over the past 5 years they haven't had any.

They got him for a 6th round pick.

Making it work = finding out what Geno is with real weapons to work with, 10 games remaining, and no pressure or expectations to make playoffs.

And finally they got him for a 6th round pick. They weren't fleeced or tricked. The Seahawks were originally. The Broncos would have been had they traded Julius Thomas for him.

brentech

Our WRs sans Megatron and Tate suck. And we haven't had Megatron fully healthy since Week 2. I was hoping Ebron would be the X factor but he's got a long way to go.
Just curious. Do you think all these guys like Devonte Adams and Jarrett Boykin are already better than all the other Lions recievers?

Maybe they will be good receivers, but it's hard to believe that the greatness of Stafford can't make his guys better or at least relevant.

Steelers always turn new guys into something. Same with Manning and his guys. Brady might be too old and busted to do it now.
That's why it's really hard to believe stafford is a top 10 QB.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Rams have 1 sack all year. You'll be fine

I remember getting into debates with a few people in this past offseason thread who said the Rams had a better defensive line than the Lions.

mjlol.png

Just curious. Do you think all these guys like Devonte Adams and Jarrett Boykin are already better than all the other Lions recievers?

Maybe they will be good receivers, but it's hard to believe that the greatness of Stafford can't make his guys better or at least relevant.

Steelers always turn new guys into something. Same with Manning and his guys. Brady might be too old and busted to do it now.
That's why it's really hard to believe stafford is a top 10 QB.

Nonsense. All those QBs you listed have always had numerous targets to throw to and when they don't there numbers drop. Since 2011 the Lions have had Megatron and thats it, while guys like Manning would have Harrison and Reggie Wayne, Brady would have Moss, Hernandez and Gronkowski.

Top Bottom