• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

:") go Browns!
i have that Cajun feeling that we're gonna lose though

Well, It's not a slam dunk, we were getting our asses whooped by freaking Tennessee before HoHoyer went all Super Saiyan.

Then again they made a good point saying with Rubin and Taylor out Kitch, and Hughes were playing the scheme more traditionally so no big holes for cutbacks, our depth there has helped.

I think we win but it's close.

brentech

Hopefully Clinton-Dix continues to improve. He's made some real strides since week 1. I feel like his effort has rubbed off on Morgan Burnett as well.

Well Bears fans don't exist so I guess it's only fair I have to deal with this.

Huge game for the Dolphins today. Drop to 2-4 and the season is all but over, especially with the Pats in Pats mode. Going in with no expectations but I'll probably end up pissed off and depressed as usual.

Think positive. I heard a stat on the radio that Cutler was 17-27 as a home favorite, that is what made me take the Fins. The D help Fraudgers in check and would have won if not for gross stupidity at the end. Cutler is no Fraudgers.

Holy hell that was hilarious, plus the "CFBGAF don't turn into NFLGAF" :jnc I saw the video is the general consensus that it was offensive PI? Looked 50/50 to me and on the last play it's tough to flag that.

All the other receivers on that side were blocking the target open. Pretty clear

Godslay

Banned
Somebody in that thread said not to turn it into NFL-GAF.

We keep it classy in here. Way above those minor league crab leg stealin' losers!

They don't know any better. That's the only way to explain it. Most of us follow the 7 fold path of Tebow, so we ascended above worrying about small ball.

Also the moment you start tossing around how much you make as a piece to your argument, you've lost.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They don't know any better. That's the only way to explain it. Most of us follow the 7 fold path of Tebow, so we ascended above worrying about small ball.

Also the moment you start tossing around how much you make as a piece to your argument, you've lost.

Excellent point, Slay.

Hopefully Clinton-Dix continues to improve. He's made some real strides since week 1. I feel like his effort has rubbed off on Morgan Burnett as well.
This is the most legitimate safety play in years. Amazing not to see blown coverages and gains of 20+ yards multiple times a game.

Lions fans. I wish you good luck tomorrow. It will be a great game no doubt. May the best team win.

Let it be the Saints pls
I'm not sure it'll be a great game. Your defense is meh but those DEs will eat our line. And I just don't see Stafford scoring enough to keep up. You guys want Lombardi back? I never thought I'd miss Linehan but I think that's the type of offense Stafford needs. He's not smart or good enough to run the "Saints offense."

31-17. Stafford 1 TD, 2 INTs.

jakncoke

Banned
JJ Watt could go for 3 TDs against you guys today with as awful as your O has been. ;o

Shush

Also im not even sure why we gained such a rep, we never got the death penalty. Only clowns that been killed have been shut down like 3-4 times and that is nba-age!

Godslay

Banned
Excellent point, Slay.

I used to watch college fb with more consistency, but I just stopped. Never really had a team besides the Buffs as a kid or the Cowboys more recently. I'll watch the NDSU Bison every now and again. It just doesn't have the same allure as professional football does to me. Each to their own I guess.

As far as them attacking the thread itself, the Fort will stand strong! The Wall of Freeman will repel our enemies!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Our defense will swarm and pressure midget Brees all game long. Plus having home field advantedge is huge. I expect a TD or two to break out. One of those TDs will be a result of a Reggie Bush fumble.

Running game will be key for us. Pound the ball with Bell and control the clock. I also expect a huge bounce back from Golden Tate especially since he's pretty much the only option Stafford has.

24-20 Lions

Close game that will have my blood pressure up through the whole game.

Regardless this is the day Stafford gets his first W against the Saints vanquishing the losses in his first NFL game and his first (of many) playoff game, both played in NO.

brentech

I used to watch college fb with more consistency, but I just stopped. Never really had a team besides the Buffs as a kid or the Cowboys more recently. I'll watch the NDSU Bison every now and again. It just doesn't have the same allure as professional football does to me. Each to their own I guess.

As far as them attacking the thread itself, the Fort will stand strong! The Wall of Freeman will repel our enemies!
Same. Last time I watched a lot of CF was like 2002-2005 maybe. So basically while I was in college.
The skill difference is just too great. Most big schools have at least 5 games they have no business losing.
Mid to small schools might have good starters, but rarely have any depth like the big schools so the second half of games is usually one sided.
Smaller schools usually sneak into the top 25 for a year or 2, and then fall off the face of the earth for a long while.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm not sure it'll be a great game. Your defense is meh but those DEs will eat our line. And I just don't see Stafford scoring enough to keep up. You guys want Lombardi back? I never thought I'd miss Linehan but I think that's the type of offense Stafford needs. He's not smart or good enough to run the "Saints offense."

31-17. Stafford 1 TD, 2 INTs.

My thoughts exactly. Lombardi is in way over his head as OC. Saints win today.

The Wall of Freeman or Freeman the Wall?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Go Lions! #DefendTheDen!

Oh and if the Panthers win, that'd be sorta great too.

I'm so conflicted about the Panthers v Packers game. There is so much competetion in the NFC, and both of those teams are in the run for the division or wildcard.

I want ATL, Arizona (frauds), Bears and 49ers to lose. At the end of the day the Lions control our own destiny but it's be nice to see some of these teams start crumbling.

Lombardi has to gameplan with the personal he is given. We don't have personal right now and our offensive line, and the whole offense is taking time to adjust. When we have mostly everyone back after the bye the offense will come around.

bionic77

I hope I can follow KAS's trail of tears when the Lions find a way to blow yet another game against an inferior opponent.

We are going to a farm for the kids to take a hayride and check out some farm animals. It will be interesting to see how eznark and his friends live.

And wow Yosemite is a big change. Very different visually. Will take me awhile to get used to all of the changes.

His play calling often doesn't make sense, and worse yet he hasn't adjusted based on the personnel he has. This o-line can't block too long and our WRs can't get open consistently downfield. The Saints run a lot of screens, which is what I'd like to see more of but Stafford has to be better at throwing them. He did great last game with screens, leading his receivers instead of forcing them to stop or go high/low to catch the ball.

Last year we were pretty good in the end zone with Fauria getting jump balls, yet that threat hasn't been used when he was healthy. Ebron is a ghost, Broyles isn't getting any play time despite being a great slot guy. All the talk of Bell and Bush in the backfield together has disappeared. I don't understand what Lombardi is trying to do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lombardi has to gameplan with the personal he is given. We don't have personal right now and our offensive line, and the whole offense is taking time to adjust. When we have mostly everyone back after the bye the offense will come around.

The offensive line was fantastic last year--easily one of the best in the league.

Lombardi has taken the exact same guys and turned it into what appears to be the worst in the NFC. Just awful. Stafford takes way too many hits.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Our WRs sans Megatron and Tate suck. And we haven't had Megatron fully healthy since Week 2. I was hoping Ebron would be the X factor but he's got a long way to go.

As for the Bell, Bush 1-2 punch you can't have that if one of the guys is missing a game each week. Bell finally got it going last week but I think Bush is on the decline.

On the plus side Riddick looked great but got hurt as well. Stafford has done great with what he's been given.

Staffords' stats this year are better than Brees in terms of turnovers, yards and total TDs. Staffords INTs are off of tipped passes for the most part. And Stafford has been sacked 21 times so far this year compared to 23 total sacks for all of last year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow the Seahawks swung for the fences when they tried to deal Harvin.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Seattle proposed sending Percy Harvin to Denver, sources say, in exchange for Pro Bowl TE Julius Thomas. Broncos never pondered it. No.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Seahawks need TEs because of injuries. Among names floated during #Browns talks for Harvin? Jordan Cameron. Deal never materialized.

rando14

Wow the Seahawks swung for the fences when they tried to deal Harvin.

ColorlessFittingBuffalo.gif

effzee

If the Jets can make it work they got a steal.

6th round pick and no commitment beyond next season. And ESPN reporting Seattle GM was truthful about everything with Izdic so Jetc know what the are getting.

Wish the Eagles at least got a pick for DeSean.

6th round pick and no commitment beyond next season. And ESPN reporting Seattle GM was truthful about everything with Izdic so Jetc know what the are getting.

Nothing about either the player or the team he's going to indicates that they can make it work.

Who do you trust more, the GM who just led a team to a SB win or the GM of a garbage franchise that will be lucky to have a job six months from now?

I can't imagine the Jets making it work. They're the Jets.

bionic77

Who do you trust more, the GM who just led a team to a SB win or the GM of a garbage franchise that will be lucky to have a job six months from now?

Worth taking a chance for a 6th round pick.

Would have better if he went to a team with a better qb but this should definitely help Geno a bit if they can get on the same page.

effzee

First of all that same SB winning GM failed in the first place giving up a 1sr, 3rd, and 7th round pick. Then made him the 6th highest paid WR in the league. We will see how great of a GM he is when Russell has to be paid, Lynch is sacrificed, and they have to find more diamonds in the rough with less resources.

For the Jets they get him for only a 6th round pick. And if he doesn't work for them they aren't on the hook for another 4 years, they can cut him.

My definition of "making it work" is different for the Jets. Yes they are a garbage franchise with GM building for the long term and a coach, who should only be a DC, trying to win now to save his job.

But this will help them decide what to do with Geno. They have now surrounded him with 100 times more talent then he had last season and tons more than Sanchez ever had. Geno now has 10 games to prove he belongs. If not, Rex is gone, Geno is likely benched/cut, and Jets can hire a new coach who drafts his QB.

Top Bottom