• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow watching Around the Horn and PTI and both are salivating that the Browns now have no choice but to start Manziel.

One person even went so far as to say Hoyer has been terrible all 5 games. :T

Go Cardinals, bitches!!! After crushing the Raiders we now move on to feasting on the Eagles. As I already stated in the last thread, this game begins the next more difficult phase of our season and the Eagles were one of the few teams I said before the season began could jeopardize our shot at 11 wins for reg season. It should be a fun and interesting battle of the 5-1 records but I like our chances here at home. If Calais is good to go, I really like our chances but we won't have an idea if that's the case until he practices (or doesn't) later in the week. I heard Sproles practiced today so maybe he'll play after all. If Sproles is out, shouldn't be a problem containing Shady as the #1 run D in the league but if he's in, awfully tough to contain both of them any given play I expect. I'm curious to see if Ertz exposes our weaker area but I don't think Maclin will have too big a game and I don't know that there are any other real receiving threats over there, we shall see! Go Cards! Let's protect the nest and make it 6-1, increasing our lead over the Niners as they watch from their couches this week!

SD @ DEN

DET @ ATL
STL @ KC
SEA @ CAR (Would be amazing to see Chickens lose a third in a row but not bloody likely)
HOU @ TEN
MIN @ TB
BAL @ CIN (If AJ doesn't play)
MIA @ JAX
CHI @ NE
BUF @ NYJ

PHI @ ARI
OAK @ CLE
IND @ PIT

GB @ NO

WAS @ DAL

cashman

Banned
Kind of surprised Sam got cut tbh. Broaddus was just talking about how he was doing well working in both the practice team offense and defense.

Tamanon

Banned
Wow watching Around the Horn and PTI and both are salivating that the Browns now have no choice but to start Manziel.

One person even went so far as to say Hoyer has been terrible all 5 games. :T

Gotta stack dem ratings!

I'm ready for Manziel to start so he can see hurry down his path to becoming JACQ(Just Another Cleveland Quarterback).

Bowser

Gotta stack dem ratings!

I'm ready for Manziel to start so he can see hurry down his path to becoming JACQ(Just Another Cleveland Quarterback).

28d3367a4afaf8d919337feabfd99aa9_large1_original.jpeg

Syrinx

How many people are there that are actually chomping at the bit for Manziel to play? Outside of Cleveland and Texas, are there really so many people that care that much that ESPN would ride the story as long and hard as they have? It just seems weird to me.

Mrbob

Bears are going to irritate me by defeating Lord Brady on Sunday. Thus giving me some small hope on the way to their 8-8 season.

I thought everyone knew Bish hated it!

You gotta earn that tag.
I didn't don't really care pay attention to those things. If it's a time being here thing oh well. I've only been here since 2012. I doesn't really matter. I'll be the fool in this case.

SD @ DEN

DET @ ATL - Good teams win games they're supposed to win. Get it done.
STL @ KC
SEA @ CAR
HOU @ TEN - remember when Lions fans wanted Whisenhunt? lol
MIN @ TB
BAL @ CIN
MIA @ JAX
CHI @ NE - I'd still rather have Cutler than Stafford TBH
BUF @ NYJ

PHI @ ARI
OAK @ CLE
IND @ PIT

GB @ NO - pls win, Saints

WAS @ DAL

RBH

The Bengals, who have qualified for the playoffs in three straight years, have had trouble selling tickets this year. In the midst of an 0-2-1 slump, the Bengals face arguably their biggest box-office test of the season; they’ve got three home games in a 12-day span.

“We still have tickets available for each of the three games and are working hard to sell as many as we can and get the games on TV,” Bengals ticket sales manager Andrew Brown said.

On Sunday, the Bengals host the Ravens. The following Sunday, the Bengals host the Jaguars. Four days later, the Browns come to town for a Thursday night game.

The Bengals decided before the season to reduce their non-premium ticket threshold to 85 percent to ensure that the games will be televised locally, but they’re still facing the possibility of one or more blackouts.

No NFL games have been blacked out on local TV yet this year. Last month, the FCC voted to end government support for the blackout rule. The league and the broadcast networks still have the ability to privately agree not to televise the games, if they aren’t sold out within 72 hours before kickoff.

If/when the NFL continues to black out games, Congress could intensify efforts to force the NFL to permit all games to be televised in the local market, regardless of the amount of tickets sold.

cashman

Banned
Well yeah Peyton is probably the GOAT along with Montana. I don't think even most Packer fans would seriously claim the same for Favre.

Note that I said "most"

Agreed. Pey pey is the GOAT. I just hope Luck doesn't get injured from all those hits he takes because I think he could be even better.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bears are going to irritate me by defeating Lord Brady on Sunday. Thus giving me some small hope on the way to their 8-8 season.
I've pretty much accepted that they're only going to win every other game. They'll get embarrassed one week only to band together and defeat a strong team the next week. Then they'll all stop caring and lose to a terrible team the week after, thus continuing the cycle. Add in two default losses to the Packers and two wins against the Vikings and we have ourselves a 8-8 3rd in the North season.

Mrbob

Jets ran all over the pats so it should be forte all day, but cfl coach will get cute and cutler will blow it.

Probably. However it sounds like Mr CFL has put some handcuffs on Cutler. Got mad at Cutty because he kept checking out of runs in the first half of the Dolphins game. In the second half Cutler couldn't check out of runs and I think this will carry over to the Pats game.

Top Bottom