• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

bionic77

Steelers d is terrible. Luck is great but let's not get ridiculous.
Steelers D is terrible but they have hit him on almost every play and he was under constant duress.

Not many qbs in the league can perform this well under that duress.

It was literally all Luck. He had zero help from the o-line or running game.

500 yards and 6 TDS. Greatest offensive performance by a qb in how long?

Spinluck

:lol this D is so shit. I swear this joke of a coaching staff would be gone if not for Luck and some of the guys on offense.

So that JJ Watt story makes him sound pretty insufferable. Thanks for policing NFL players in their off time champ.

What story.

tmdorsey

Don't usually talk about fantasy this is too funny not to mention. My starting QB is Luck and I have Big Ben on the bench. :jnc.

bionic77

Yeah, just an incredible game from him, I'm not sure we would've won even if we got some pressure. Our defense is just shit. Did not think we were this bad though.
The difference through 3 quarters was the FG and the TAINT.

You were right there which is amazing because Ben was fucking standing back there with no one close to him and Luck was getting his hairy ass handed to him on every other play.

If Luck ever gets a real team before he dies this Colts team will be unstoppable.

harSon

Banned
Pretty crazy. I watched that game winning touchdown pass by Ben against the packers in 2011 this morning on youtube. That was the last time he went over 500

Tenumi

Banned
Thank you Browns! Getting the job done, keeping the dream alive.

Sorry Raiders, but I'm obligated to root towards 0-16. It's not you, it's me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Obviously a great showing from the pats today. The bears clearly didn't show up for this one, but honestly they've played teams far worse earlier in the year and didn't come close to executing like they did today. Gronks health has played a massive role in all of this, but the biggest thing is the consistency along the line. The line has been absolute patch work, with constant changes and randoms plugged in, but they're starting to get some chemistry going. The other thing is the ability to change things up. Gronk was unhealthy and outside of that it was Edelman or bust. Lafell has stepped up in a huge way despite the crap start, and appears to at least be an option for Tom, something he hasn't had in terms of a receiver with decent size for a while. If they could get Tim Wright consistently involved it would give them just one more option, which is what they need in case those other guys are hurt or have their heads up their ass. Ayers was slotted in, and may not have played huge yet, but he's going to help in the run game. It's a step in the right direction, and I'm really surprised about where they are at. I really thought this locker room was falling apart especially with the comments and reports coming out after the chiefs game, but it's just now coming together.

As for the rest of the league pretty standard stuff across the board. Probably the biggets thing for me was Geno smith.. seriously can somebody show me a worse stat line? 3/8 with 3 interceptions. He had as many picks as completions, and almost as many as yards (5 passing yards). His career has to be over, seriously, this is Ryan Leaf type stuff.

Top Bottom