• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

brentech

NFL.com "If the season ended today"

1nil0CC.jpg

Fox318

Jet fans who are parents are calling into a radio show asking if they should let their kids watch the Jets and become Jets fans. The father said he didn't want to make his kids suffer through what he is going thorough.

The fact that the Panthers are still 1st in the division, despite only winning one game since Summer ended is a travesty.

Shame on you rest of the NFC South. Shame on you.

Jet fans who are parents are calling into a radio show asking if they should let their kids watch the Jets and become Jets fans. The father said he didn't want to make his kids suffer through what he is going thorough.

I went to the supermarket yesterday and the parking lot was super crowded. This asshole stole my spot right out from under me and I was so fucking pissed. I pulled up to bitch him out for it and when he got out of his car he had a Jets shirt on. I figured I could not make him feel worse about his life than he already did so I just kept quiet.

BigAT

Two quarterbacks finished their game yesterday with more completions to the opposing team than their own (Schoob, Geno).

What pisses me off more than anything is that the Pats are still good and they will win the division again. I am so sick of this groundhog day garbage.

It must have been so rough for you Pats fans to go through that incredibly grueling two week stretch where people thought the Patriots might not be 12-4 at the end of the season. I admire your resolve more than any of you can imagine.

Yes I'm salty. Why wouldn't I be?
That stretch was terrible I must say

JABEE

YKeKdS7.jpg

As Kas said, Matt Stafford really is the greatest. Everyone felt his presence Sunday morning, even those not watching the game. Normal people across Europe flocked to Wembley Stadium to gawk at the giant American spectacle that is Matthew Stafford.

There was no room to move at Wembley. The stadium was packed to the seams from the size of Stafford's influence on the game of football. Stafford could fill every seat in every stadium on this planet. No one was ready for the impact he made on the field Sunday morning. No game of football will ever be played in a stadium that cratered to this glorious quarterback's gazelle-like stride.

Stafford swallowed up Europe in one bite and refused to spit it up. Stafford and the game of football will only grow larger with expansion into these new untapped, uncultivated lands, both of these feats appear impossible due to the size and mass these humongous entities have already accumulated on their path to stardom.

Matthew Stafford is America's statement to the rest of the world. Whenever a European looks out their window and thinks of America, they will see Matthew Stafford jiggling and smiling right back at them. Nothing can stop this expansive man from taking over the world.

It was always Kas that believed in this larger-than-life figure. There is no championship belt that will ever change this man. John Matthew Stafford will continue to push the boundaries and test the limits of such an honor. The belt can only hope to contain his massive influence on the NFL.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The fact that the Panthers are still 1st in the division, despite only winning one game since Summer ended is a travesty.

Shame on you rest of the NFC South. Shame on you.

I appreciate the NFCS elevating the entire AFCN, but could one of you fuckers put an L on the Browns? Or Bengals? Or Ratbirds? Step yo game up!

jmdajr

So LaFell would've been a Bronco and Sanders would have been a Patriot, had NE been more aggressive in their offer.

Hmmm.

Hmm. Just glad I have both on my team! Well I just added LaFell we'll see how that works. Brian Quick ran out of juice and now he's busted too.

The Lions are for real.
The Packers are going to be fine despite last night.
The Bears are in complete meltdown mode. They might need to tear everything down and start over next year. Ouch.

As a Vikings fan, the W against the Bucs was ugly, but I remain impressed by what Zimmer has started with this defense. They were absolutely putrid the last few years under Frazier, especially the secondary. They are like a whole new team defensively... and Anthony Barr. Wow. A lot of Vikings fans were bitching and moaning when they got him early in the draft. Eat that crow. He's gotta be in the running for Defensive RotY.

I'm a little concerned about Norv's playcalling- and I refuse to buy the "well, this team is built around Adrian" shit. The O-line played a little better yesterday, but only managing 13 offensive points against that Bucs D is not encouraging. Once again this is a Vikings team that held on but almost lost it at the very end of the game. This needs to change- and as good as Blair Walsh is at kicking the hand-egg, they need to score touchdowns.
Teddy is showing improvement and although I expect some more growing pains this season, he should be rolling by next season. He's only 21 years old and he shows incredible poise and leadership.

Encouraging, but it's still going to be a long rest of the season while this team evolves. It's just feels good being able to look towards the future in a positive light.

Spinluck

I think Andrew Luck is a great QB.

That said, it seems he makes 2 or 3 boneheaded decisions per game. He's talented enough to correct for them, but he really needs to clean that stuff up if he expects to have longevity in the league, particularly in the playoffs.

I did not expect you guys to blitz like every down. But man was Pep dumb for calling plays that would get Luck killed.

No screens or slants, nothing but drop back after drop back. It (we tried a few then have up) wasn't until Luck started throwing down field even with pressure in his face that they backed off a bit.

Before the game I said that you guys were capable of completely out coaching us, and I still expected to win, but wouldn't be surprised if that was the game we decided to fuck up. We played a shit game, but I'm gonna have to give Ben his credit for that career game.

I just wish it wasn't against us!

Tom Penny

What pisses me off more than anything is that the Pats are still good and they will win the division again. I am so sick of this groundhog day garbage.

It must have been so rough for you Pats fans to go through that incredibly grueling two week stretch where people thought the Patriots might not be 12-4 at the end of the season. I admire your resolve more than any of you can imagine.

Yes I'm salty. Why wouldn't I be?

12-4 is unlikely with Broncos, Lions, Colts, GB and Chargers coming up.

BigAT

Beason undergoing surgery on his foot. Done for the year.

Not that it's shocking in the least at this point, but the guy just can't stay healthy.

Giants have a potential $5M in cap savings if they get rid of him as a post-June cut after this season.

I'm still flabbergasted at what happened yesterday. The offense was amazing, especially Ben, and I have no idea why they aren't consistent week in and week out. Hope Ben and Co. saved some points for the Rats next week. This team is the most confusing and perplexing I think I've seen in my life of watching Steeler football.

Spinluck

12-4 is unlikely with Broncos, Lions, Colts, GB and Chargers coming up.

Lol, the Pats are going to destroy us. NONE of our LBs can cover the middle of the field, and our pass rush is garbage. Even with Mathis we do not generate pressure on you guys. So without him we are fucked. Tammy and Gronk will have a career day.

Our offense will have to score in the 40s to have a chance, but Bill seems to know how contain Luck.

Only compelling argument I have for us is that we lost to you guys Luck's rookie year, and our playoff team last year was garbage with T.Y. as like the only WR.

LJ11

they lost to the Ryan Fitzpatrick lead texans. Just think about that for a minute.

That was actually a great loss, a fantastic one. May hurt their chances of getting into the playoffs but that's as good a loss as you can have.

Can't pump up the Bills with the OL they have, it's a mess. I don't even think the DL is playing that well, Kyle looks like he's pretty hurt. Everyone likes Watkins, the scary part is they're not even using him enough, or in creative ways. Loved that kid since I first watched him freshman year. "Who the fuck is #2?"

rando14

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Rams WR Brian Quick has a dislocated shoulder and torn rotator cuff and is likely done for the season, per source.

Long AND Quick both hurt yesterday and out for the year?

Some bad voodoo down in STL

bionic77

I'm still flabbergasted at what happened yesterday. The offense was amazing, especially Ben, and I have no idea why they aren't consistent week in and week out. Hope Ben and Co. saved some points for the Rats next week. This team is the most confusing and perplexing I think I've seen in my life of watching Steeler football.
Most confusing will always be that against the Texand where they only gained 10 yards and beat us by 30.

The 4 INT Ben game against Oakland was from concussions so that was easy enough to understand.

And it will be so awesome if we beat the Rats. We have 2 easy games after that and could be contending with the Lions and Pats for worst 8-3 teams of all time.

jakncoke

Banned
Bell having such a good season

RB Le'Veon Bell (@L_Bell26) is first #Steelers with a 10-game streak with a rush of 10+ yards since Jerome Bettis (11 games 9/30/01-9/9/02).

Also I cant find the tweet but he has the Steelers record for All purpose yards through 8 games by like 100

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
9 games left.

If the Browns can manage to win 2 of them it'll be the first time I've ever seen 6 wins.

Still a lot of work to do but I'm hoping.

Top Bottom