• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Syrinx

I would like to take this opportunity to give props to Teddy Bridgewater for his drive in the last two minutes to tie the game against us. Normally I put very much into a QB's performance in the two-minute drill or in leading late "clutch" comebacks, because I've seen it happen so many times, often from bad QBs even (hell, I saw Josh Freeman lead several late comebacks in his career, how's that working out for him now?). But in a number of times on that last drive, the Bucs actually were getting pressure on Bridgewater, and pretty much every time, he hung in there and threw accurate strikes.

That's why I think he's going to be a very good QB. He has a lot of work to do, but that ability to make accurate throws down the field under duress is absolutely critical if you want to be a great quarterback.

Colasante

LaMarr Houston officially out for the season after tearing his ACL celebrating while sacking a backup quarterback with his team down 25 points.

gutshot

Me too, but the chances are basically zero.

Have faith, man. Quasimodo gonna lead them to victory!

Colt+Mccoy+Rachel+Glandorf+married+NW0eps5aCqsl.jpg

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm out on the Marc Trestmann era. This guy is Wanny tier. Cant wait til hes fired. Team is a complete shit show. They should fire Mel Tucker during the bye week just to shake things up, hes abysmal as a coordinator.

Bears still suck!

Spinluck

Rex Ryan would lead the falcons to a super bowl

I am so glad the Texans got that buttchin guy recently.

We would be screwed if Rex got into the division. Rex with Watt? :lol. I would love him as a D-coordinator, but I think he'll gun for another head coaching job first. He's definitely gone after this year though, such a shame, I thought he was a pretty good coach. Shame he had to dumb down his trolling these past few years, he used to be entertaining too.

This face scan in nba 2k15 is absolutely frustrating
"We momentarily lost track of your head"

seriously

minx

The Lions looked like utter garbage in that game. I honestly felt disgusted watching the ending as both teams battled to lose harder than their opponents. Both coaches made multiple baffling decisions towards the end (setting up for a long FG with plenty of time still on the clock?) but the Falcons desire to lose was just too much for the Lions to overcome.

All of the Lions fans that watched the game were disgusted with their team afterwards, even with the win. Then, as predictable as the sun gracefully rising over the east coast every morning, kas rolls in and talks up his trashy QB and mediocre team based on nothing more than a glance at the final score and some highlights.

I used to not mind kas' antics, to be honest, but at this point it's just ridiculously sad and obnoxious how much he allows himself to ignore the weaknesses of his team.

kas, tape your eyes open and go watch the first half of that game. Force yourself to realize that Stafford is holding this team back with his constant overthrows and poor decisions. Please do this for your own sake as well as the sanity of NFL-GAF.

ZnqQ5.gif

This post didn't get enough love. Kas used to be funny because of how delusional he is but it has gotten old. Refuses to point out any weaknesses, brags about Stafford when he didn't even watch his horrible play. Can't even have a football discussion with the guy. Sorry Lions GAF the rest of you seem like good people!

Tom Penny

LaMarr Houston officially out for the season after tearing his ACL celebrating while sacking a backup quarterback with his team down 25 points.

Well can you blame him?

"You should be excited when you make a play," Belichick told his team. "Hell, look at all the work you put into it, all the time you spent in practice. You should be excited about it, and your teammates should be excited, too."

cdyhybrid

ZnqQ5.gif

This post didn't get enough love. Kas used to be funny because of how delusional he is but it has gotten old. Refuses to point out any weaknesses, brags about Stafford when he didn't even watch his horrible play. Can't even have a football discussion with the guy. Sorry Lions GAF the rest of you seem like good people!

Yep, it used to be funny when it was just always being positive and giving them the benefit of the doubt, but it's crossed the line into outright delusion based on nothing factual. He's a drive-by troll poster at this point.

Bread

Banned
This face scan in nba 2k15 is absolutely frustrating

seriously
this has been known since the game launched, did you miss the hilarious thread on gaming side?

minx

I'm out on the Marc Trestmann era. This guy is Wanny tier. Cant wait til hes fired. Team is a complete shit show. They should fire Mel Tucker during the bye week just to shake things up, hes abysmal as a coordinator.

Bears still suck!

Trestman should be let go unless he can make some drastic changes after the bye week. He has lost he team. This whole "everyone is a leader" is bullshit. The Bears have no leaders. Trestman get consistently out coached every game and doesn't make adjustments. The league has tape on his offense now and we are not putting up the same number of points as last year. It doesn't help that Cutler is going to Cutler but we are stuck with him. I also think Jeffrey has regressed a bit. Forte and Bennett have been playing great this year though. Oh and Decamillis the special teams needs to be fired this week. Tucker can go after the end of the season.

Lamar Houston ended up being a joke of a signing. It Is bad enough to tear an ACL on a celebration, even worse when you are down by so much in the 4th quarter, and against the backup QB.

Godslay

Banned
So LaFell would've been a Bronco and Sanders would have been a Patriot, had NE been more aggressive in their offer.

Hmmm.

Sanders was pretty much a Chief until he came to the Broncos last minute. That's where he would have signed, and he even said as much when he first came to Denver.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What season did you officially because a fan

2007, so if he isnt counting that year that means as a fan kave has a compiled fan record of

31-72

gotdamm

Yup I officially became a fan after Derek Anderson slanged his way to just missing the playoffs.

All that promise. :(

I think the exact game that hooked me I believe was the one where Phil Dawson hit that ridiculous field goal to beat the Ravens.

Top Bottom