• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Hunter S.

Colorado seems like a real nice place.

Shame it is being soiled by the presence of Peyton Manning.

Edit: Hunter, this post was made before reading your post because I am watching a Vice piece on a dinner at Hunter S. Thompson's place.

Hunter wrote great journalism and was an interesting character to say the least. You could have two teams.

I will leave it at that.

Milchjon

I bet the only reason TDR hangs out on GAF is to vent cause he's too much of a chicken to shit on the Pats in front of his wife!

I bet the only reason TDR hangs out on GAF is to vent cause he's too much of a chicken to shit on the Pats in front of his wife!
Actually it's because I like you so much!

You are partially correct, but it's not my wife I'm afraid of, it's my mother-in-law. I can't say a bad word about the Pats in front of her, it's scary.

I don't hate you Milch, only your condition.

Milchjon

Actually it's because I like you so much!

You are partially correct, but it's not my wife I'm afraid of, it's my mother-in-law. I can't say a bad word about the Pats in front of her, it's scary.

I don't hate you Milch, only your condition.

If I ever get the chance to meet you, I will only agree on the condition of your wife and her folks being around.

They seem like a much more agreeable bunch.

His daughter will be the biggest pats fan ever
The Pats will suck so much by the time she's five no one will even talk about them anymore. It'll be like trying to make a kid a Titans fan in 2014.

Oh, I'm not angry at all.

I hope TDR knows I'm not serious about any of that crap.
We like to have fun around here, it's all good.

Funny thing is most of you Pats fans around here are pretty cool. I played FIFA with Dragon the other day and we had a lot of fun.

Fantomex

I was a bit confused yesterday. Seemed odd. I don't need PSN to stream my gameplay, but I need it to play multiplayer. Seems like it should be the other way around.

effzee

I saw his first game in 2008 when he came in for an injured McNabb (it was a weird game where all of the qbs were getting murdered by the defense).

I proclaimed him to be a bum from the 3 passes I saw him throw that day (the last of which was of course intercepted). This was disputed by Eagles fans who said he needed to be given a chance.

I am glad to see that he proved me right.

I always knew he was shit. He has that Cutler look. You know what rings in my head?

Reid time after time claiming "Kolb is going to win championships for the Eagles". That fat fuck

They shipped McNabb 2 seasons 2 early cause of money and this piece of shit. Wasted a high pick on him and then had to justify by it playing him and handing him the franchise.

Milchjon

I played FIFA with Dragon the other day and we had a lot of fun.

Dragon is able to have fun?

Just kidding, Dragon

giphy.gif

I always knew he was shit. He has that Cutler look. You know what rings in my head?

Reid time after time claiming "Kolb is going to win championships for the Eagles". That fat fuck

They shipped McNabb 2 seasons 2 early cause of money and this piece of shit. Wasted a high pick on him and then had to justify by it playing him and handing him the franchise.

Mcnabb was terrible with the Skins and Vikings, Eagles didnt lose anything by getting rid of him, and Kolb only started half a game that year before Vick took over, and Vick had an amazing season. If Mcnabb had been the QB in 2010 no way do they make the playoffs. I think getting rid of Mcnabb when they did was a great move.

effzee

Mcnabb was terrible with the Skins and Vikings, Eagles didnt lose anything by getting rid of him, and Kolb only started half a game that year before Vick took over, and Vick had an amazing season. If Mcnabb had been the QB in 2010 no way do they make the playoffs. I think getting rid of Mcnabb when they did was a great move.

He was still playing really well in his last 2 seasons with the Eagles.

They only got rid of him cause of Banner and Howie didn't want to pay him. It wasn't performance related. Our defense was (still is) complete shit while the offense carried the team.

By that time the Eagles had no clue what they were doing. Letting key veterans walk, replacing them with garbage, Reid not giving a fuck experimenting with coaches lIke a mad scientist making Juan from oline coach to defensive coordinator. Oh and not running the ball with McCoy.

bionic77

You are a wonderful part of this community.
Thank you.

Good luck in your attempts to win the division!

Yankeehater is Kolb fan #1
Yes I remember me and YH had many arguments about Kolb and he argued that you can't judge a player based on 3 plays in his first game coming in as a backup. I felt very strongly that he was garbage based on seeing him in person.

I guess we know he was wrong now!

bionic77

Thanks for ruining my good memories of that game.

In my mind it looked like a low res PS3 game.

Now you had to show me that it actually looked like a colored turd.

Don't go and start posting pics of MGS or Xenogears to ruin what is left of my fond memories of that generation!

Thank you.

Good luck in your attempts to win the division!

Yes I remember me and YH had many arguments about Kolb and he argued that you can't judge a player based on 3 plays in his first game coming in as a backup. I felt very strongly that he was garbage based on seeing him in person.

I guess we know he was wrong now!

jnc, yes you can totally judge all players based off their first 3 plays. That Manning fellow will never make it in the NFL.

Hunter S.

Del Rio's philosophy on defense has always been to stop the run first an foremost. It is now working the best it has since he came to Denver.

Coming into this game, the Broncos ranked third in the NFL in rush defense, allowing an average of 74.3 on the ground per game. But the members of the Broncos defense outdid themselves on Thursday as they held the Chargers to a mere 61 yards on the ground.

When the Broncos played the Chargers last season, the Bolts racked up 131 yards on the ground in their first matchup and 177 during their 27-20 win over the Broncos. The defense that played on Thursday night looked vastly different than the one that took the field in those games last season.

The Chargers were forced to become one-dimensional Thursday and they had just 15 rushing plays to go with 41 passing attempts.

I expect the same in the coming game against Brady. And considering he has played below his average this year, I think Brady will have to play in MVP form to beat the Broncos. They sure are lucky to get the Broncos at Foxboro for the third straight year.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...dominant/6ee96795-bee4-4728-abe8-190e4aa32137

The owner of my company really puts me in a bad spot sometimes, one of my dealers is at an auction waiting to purchase cars, he claims that the owner agreed to up his credit line to a million, but I need approval from the owner before I can authorize something that big. Dude hasn't come in yet, won't answer his phone and he never sends me an email or gives me an update smh the auctions start in 20 min and now the dealer is going to miss out on a giant sale

ShaneB

I was a bit confused yesterday. Seemed odd. I don't need PSN to stream my gameplay, but I need it to play multiplayer. Seems like it should be the other way around.

What I don't get is why not just have PSN online play be free, and have the PSN+ be the paid sub. I don't care about whatever the free games are!

The Pats will suck so much by the time she's five no one will even talk about them anymore. It'll be like trying to make a kid a Titans fan in 2014.

We like to have fun around here, it's all good.

Funny thing is most of you Pats fans around here are pretty cool. I played FIFA with Dragon the other day and we had a lot of fun.

Did you kick his ass?

brentech

just looked that up. says nothing about a promise ring.
celebs often wear jewelry that's not owned to events. she really liked this particular ring with an emerald on it, and he bought it for her
just a gift. making sure he can still hit it

Did you kick his ass?
We played co-op seasons!

Speaking of FIFA, I decided to play manager mode as Everton this year! They seem pretty interesting. Finished third in the table after year one and dealt Lukaku for $50 million (he lead the EPL in goals). Used that to pick up Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adnan Januzaj plus a bunch of other random young guys with potential.

Any tips on who to go after next? I made a run at Hazard but after seeing Chelsea's asking price I changed my mind pretty quickly. Love that dude in real life though, has to be one of the best dribblers in the world.

brentech

been playing standard online seasons and pro clubs with madden gaf. i play some FUT as well, but haven't tried any of the career stuff yet, which is my normal top mode

Fantomex

On the PS4 theme Share Play seems to good to be true. I can basically stream a game that anyone I invite to online can play from their home? I wonder if theres time limits. Seems like a great feature

Hunter S.

On the PS4 theme Share Play seems to good to be true. I can basically stream a game that anyone I invite to online can play from their home? I wonder if theres time limits. Seems like a great feature

I think it was always supposed to have some sort of time limit. And was advertised to be used if you could not beat a section of a game while your friend could.

We played co-op seasons!

Speaking of FIFA, I decided to play manager mode as Everton this year! They seem pretty interesting. Finished third in the table after year one and dealt Lukaku for $50 million (he lead the EPL in goals). Used that to pick up Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adnan Januzaj plus a bunch of other random young guys with potential.

Any tips on who to go after next? I made a run at Hazard but after seeing Chelsea's asking price I changed my mind pretty quickly. Love that dude in real life though, has to be one of the best dribblers in the world.
Paul Pogba is pretty good but he's kind of expensive.

Top Bottom