• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Dragon

Banned
Oh i dont care, but you seem to keep quoting me so i feel obliged to respond.

Im just drinking my last beer of the day and hoping Penn St scoresw

I've been there.

Penn State supports child molestation, I don't know why you hope anything but that it's wiped off the face of the earth.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I usually have some drinks during Browns games, will you be drinking during the lions early morning start?

I'm already drinking right now. My last night of partying before I go out of state for week. So I'll probably be up at 6:30 AM PST.

PENN STATE!!!!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Go Browns!

I'm so upset about sports right now.

There is always the Caviliers and LeBron.

And BrownsGAF if all else fails you are all invited on the Lions bandwagon. It's already leaving the station and our destination is the Super Bowl but we'll stop to pick up our Browns cousins. I know you'd do the same for us.

No voice acting is much better than shit voice acting.

Good voice acting is best but sometimes I prefer fast ass text.
But seriously if the gameplay is good is bad voice acting really gonna take away from it that much. I mean give it a chance. I guess I'm just one of those who rather have voice acting in my games.

Dragon

Banned
But seriously if the gameplay is good is bad voice acting really gonna take away from it that much. I mean give it a chance. I guess I'm just one of those who rather have voice acting in my games.

Zelda's voice acting is like if Pinochio had sex with a chimpanzee.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

And BrownsGAF if all else fails you are all invited on the Lions bandwagon. It's already leaving the station and our destination is the Super Bowl but we'll stop to pick up our Browns cousins. I know you'd do the same for us.

I'm from Toronto dammit!

ShaneB

Go Browns!

I'm so upset about sports right now.

After the Royals win the WS and the Chiefs go on a run to win the SB with the KC power duo, I'll think about transferring my squicken powers to the Browns.

It hasn't worked for my longtime fandom of the Jays or Raptors or Caps though =(

Well I'll just have to agree to disagree on the Nintendo voice acting subject. I just believe that there's going to be a Zelda game with voice acting in the future and it will be interesting to see the reaction to it.

zychi

Banned
I'm seeking advice bruhs. Can't decide if I can handle a night shift gig, hoping some of you dudes have some experience.

Got offered a job, basically working nights for something that isn't my degree. It's super easy, but lots of night driving and great pay(way above what I've been making with my degree), but I have to relocate a few hours away into the middle of nowhere and it's basically 9pm to 1/2/3/4/5/6am depending on how long the actual job is. No benefits, but the great pay would offset that. Housing is cheap as hell where this job is located too. Only issue is driving through the middle of Cornfield, USA at night, in the winter.

If I do it, I can save some good money and get myself totally out of debt in about 5 months (reasonable student loans only, not buried or anything). I'd live close to a family member and one of my friends, so I wouldn't be alone, but I basically would be because of the night shift. I'd also bring my dog with me on the jobs, so I wouldn't be completely alone. It's 7 days a week. Most days you get a job, if you don't, you get the day off and still get paid the same amount at the end of the week.

I could also take a easy job(one I should be starting in a few weeks but never officially signed anything) that's way below my normal pay and stay close to where I am. Basically my comfort zone for way less pay. Both jobs would have roughly the same commutes.

My thought process is to do the night job for a few months, clear my student loans, and save up some money for no apparent reason. I'll be a goddamn zombie, but I'll save a ton of money. I'd sleep from whenever I get back from the job til noon, have 9/10 hours of free time and hope they end up switching me over to a day shift eventually.

If they offered the day shift right now, I'd take it in a heart beat. Also, the job is near a college town so I'd be all over Tinder.

Thoughts? Advice? Older house owning NFLgaf have any advice?

I'm seeking advice bruhs. Can't decide if I can handle a night shift gig, hoping some of you dudes have some experience.

Got offered a job, basically working nights for something that isn't my degree. It's super easy, but lots of night driving and great pay(way above what I've been making with my degree), but I have to relocate a few hours away into the middle of nowhere and it's basically 9pm to 1/2/3/4/5/6am depending on how long the actual job is. No benefits, but the great pay would offset that. Housing is cheap as hell where this job is located too. Only issue is driving through the middle of Cornfield, USA at night, in the winter.

If I do it, I can save some good money and get myself totally out of debt in about 5 months (reasonable student loans only, not buried or anything). I'd live close to a family member and one of my friends, so I wouldn't be alone, but I basically would be because of the night shift. I'd also bring my dog with me on the jobs, so I wouldn't be completely alone. It's 7 days a week. Most days you get a job, if you don't, you get the day off and still get paid the same amount at the end of the week.

I could also take a easy job(one I should be starting in a few weeks but never officially signed anything) that's way below my normal pay and stay close to where I am. Basically my comfort zone for way less pay. Both jobs would have roughly the same commutes.

My thought process is to do the night job for a few months, clear my student loans, and save up some money for no apparent reason. I'll be a goddamn zombie, but I'll save a ton of money. I'd sleep from whenever I get back from the job til noon, have 9/10 hours of free time and hope they end up switching me over to a day shift eventually.

If they offered the day shift right now, I'd take it in a heart beat. Also, the job is near a college town so I'd be all over Tinder.

Thoughts? Advice? Older house owning NFLgaf have any advice?

How old are you? 25 or younger do the night job.

Greg

give it a go at least until you pay your shit off, and I'm sure you'll get some good stories out of the experience

f the comfort zone!

And if I'm older but under 30?

Honestly i'd still take the job. Only reason for the age split is because 25 and under you're not as affected by the change in sleep patterns, but it's 5 months. Also judging from your story you don't have a wife or kids to worry about so the choice is pretty clear.

zychi

Banned
Honestly i'd still take the job. Only reason for the age split is because 25 and under you're not as affected by the change in sleep patterns, but it's 5 months. Also judging from your story you don't have a wife or kids to worry about so the choice is pretty clear.

No kiddos, recently single.

Godslay

Banned
I'll play the Devils advocate and say I worked a night shift for a few months and I hated it. Never felt right.

Although if you can hack it long enough to get yourself out of debt that's more important than feeling off for awhile. Long term it seems like the best choice unless experience in your field is more important long run.

And if I'm older but under 30?
I guess I'd say: give it a shot.

1. you can bail out after 5-6 months if you don't like the night shift. (incidentally -- if you have to move anyway, see if you can get a place with a basement/dark room where you can sleep normally during the day)
2. if you're not currently in a ideal situation, a change of scenery + increase in pay is always a good choice just on principle.

Tom Penny

Only shift I would not work is 2nd shift. Worst years of my entire life. Not many people to hang with after midnight..holy shit it sucked.

zychi

Banned
gracias bruhs
Only shift I would not work is 2nd shift. Worst years of my entire life. Not many people to hang with after midnight..holy shit it sucked.

They give you a period of time to finish the job, so I'm hoping if I'm at the job by 10pm, I can be back home and in bed by 2/3am most nights. Which isn't far from my normal bedtime of midnight. 4-6 hours of work for almost quadruple what my last job paid doesn't sound so bad.

effzee

Finally back home. Baby was super calm and easy to deal with on the flights.

Is Sproles playing tomorrow? Is Kendricks?

Drakeon

gracias bruhs

They give you a period of time to finish the job, so I'm hoping if I'm at the job by 10pm, I can be back home and in bed by 2/3am most nights. Which isn't far from my normal bedtime of midnight. 4-6 hours of work for almost quadruple what my last job paid doesn't sound so bad.
Just got off night shift, 29 myself, wasnt too bad all things considered. Worked 10pm-7am. Get blackout fabric and tack it up over your windows tight, so no light gets through. Also used ear plugs occasionally.

tumblr_inline_ndp74xkuvD1r4mese.png

Top Bottom