• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

ibmUa3Y3kO0shZ.gif
I love how nobody in the stands reacts. You would think a chick would put a hand up to her mouth in astonishment or something. But it's like they're all dead watching a dead game with dead people doing dead things.

Line_HTX

Who knows? I guess a London game this early in the morning might prove to be better than most noon games. If they are proposing to have 8 morning games, I guess this shouldn't be too bad. I'd rather have this than the atrociousness that is Thursday nights.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If a team in London means we get 9:30 games 8 times a year I am all fucking for it. This is rad.

The only positive. Although, that team will be a constant cellar-dweller because no free agents will want to sign there.

Doorman

The only positive. Although, that team will be a constant cellar-dweller because no free agents will want to sign there.

A team in London full-time just cocks up the travel schedule for everyone involved. You can't set up literally every team on their schedule to have a bye week after they travel to or from London. Every week will have a shittier match or two because you'll have someone or another way more travel-wiped than they otherwise would be.

God Save the Queen.

Maybe it was just Suh taking the field?

Buh...I should not be awake right now. I was up later than I should have been last night and now my eyes are going to be burning the whole time during the game. For all the inactives and injuries and travel questions and everything else that the Lions are going through, everything still comes down to the same two things they always do: will Stafford himself perform up to the expectations of a #1 pick, and will the defensive line dominate enough to hide how open Atlanta's receivers will be on our secondary? I'm sure our offense will be pitiful, but for once this year I still feel somewhat comfortable about this game because ATL's weaknesses on their offensive line matches up right with the one thing we have that's still an actual strength. Pip pip, cheerio.

As for the sidebar topic: At this point, I find the lack of voice acting in Zelda games just as jarring and damaging to the world/storyline's immersion as the phantom fear that "bad" voice acting would bring. A decent vocal performance can go a long way in shaping people's perceptions about a character, and for better or worse that helps to invest you in what's going on. That's not to say that Link himself needs to have a speaking role (though I think he should), but there's not much excuse for the rest of Hyrule.

Exactly.

Milchjon

Real talk: The American anthem fucking sucks.

It's like the only goal was to make a song so far beyond most people's vocal range, no one could sing it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Summerslam where British Bullldog beat Bret "The Hitman" Hart for the IC Title will remain the best event in Wembley Stadium.

eznark

Banned
Real talk: The American anthem fucking sucks.

It's like the only goal was to make a song so far beyond most people's vocal range, no one could sing it.

Weak limp euro voices need not apply. Sing in the ballless soprano while the Real Men display their range. And fighter jets.

Plinko

Oh look, the middle of the field is wide open again. Shocking.

Top Bottom