• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Fox318

So better than Floyd Mayweather

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago
#Jets announced the 4-year extension for Kerley.
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m2 minutes ago
Jets announce 4-year extension for Jeremy Kerley, as @caplannfl reported earlier.
Jets
K5eGHyz.png

Huge deal. Important deal.

The deal is worth $16 million, with $5.4 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN's Adam Caplan.

Dude deserves more that that. Idzik got a deal.

LJ would want him on the bills.

You also can get rep from crucible which is infinitely more fun than playing the same strike over and over again IMO.

I hate the crucible with a passion. I dont find the mp in destiny fun at all. I am sticking with the strikes hoping to get up to 26 to try out a raid and see if that is any better, but it is such a grind. If I liked the mp better I would try that. Do you get marks from the mp? I have enough rep to almost hit vanguard levels 2 just from doing bounties, but getting marks is taking fucking forever. I also keep getting armor for classes other then warlock which really pisses me the fuck off. If I could trade that stuff it wouldnt be so bad, but giving stuff for a different class that I can only break down is a huge slap in the face.

Dragon

Banned
I need a Halloween costume idea, going to a bar crawl on Saturday and need to impress all those mid 30s MILFs that don't respect themselves.

I hate the crucible with a passion. I dont find the mp in destiny fun at all. I am sticking with the strikes hoping to get up to 26 to try out a raid and see if that is any better, but it is such a grind. If I liked the mp better I would try that. Do you get marks from the mp? I have enough rep to almost hit vanguard levels 2 just from doing bounties, but getting marks is taking fucking forever. I also keep getting armor for classes other then warlock which really pisses me the fuck off. If I could trade that stuff it wouldnt be so bad, but giving stuff for a different class that I can only break down is a huge slap in the face.

I was getting 3 marks for finishing first in some crucible matches. I'm at 25 I think, I haven't booted up the game in a long while unfortunately. Been too busy and frankly Shadow Of Mordor is a better game. If you play crucible by yourself, then yeah crucible sucks, but if you have a fireteam, it can be fun as fuck.

By myself it was a bit of a bore.
Destiny isn't a game you play alone. I mean yeah you can run the weekly missions or solo strikes when you get high level enough but if you're not in group, you're doing it wrong.

It's a grinding game. No two ways about it but its also really damned fun when you're grinding alongside friends. Also, when you get into he higher levels and can start doing the raid and doing those level 28 nightfall missions, you can amass strange coins and other materials pretty quickly to buy Legendaries and Exotics.

It's flawed as hell and I can't disagree with some of the complaints against it but strangely addicting as all get out. I had to put it on hiatus to get to some of the other stuff I want to play this holiday season. I'll inevitably come back to it though. It simply needs more content which is coming. I've poured well over 60 hours into it.

Bowser

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
#Panthers are releasing S Charles Godfrey, according to his agent, @DHendrickson41

Right move. He was an average safety before the Achilles injury. The injury robbed him of his only asset, speed. He was out of position as a nickel CB.

rando14

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
#Panthers are releasing S Charles Godfrey, according to his agent, @DHendrickson41

Right move. He was an average safety before the Achilles injury. The injury robbed him of his only asset, speed. He was out of position as a nickel CB.

Quick, Seahawks should swarm and grab him!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I beat Mordor a while back and my PS4 is kind of thirsty. Dust was a pretty decent way to kill a few days though. Not a huge fan of Spelunky. Or really many of these free indie titles from PS+.

I keep scrolling over Diablo and Destiny but those games feel like a chore to me right now. So ironically I've chosen to play a bunch of EU4 here recently instead (aka spreadsheets and maps: the game). You'd think creating the German empire several hundred years prior to its existence would get old but nah conquering Poland is always good for a laugh. I hate the French and Austrians though. Screw those guys.

I'm definitely looking forward to GTA 5 so I missed it on PS3. I loved Sleeping Dogs but I'm not sure if I see the point in getting the PS4 version when I have the PC one already I think. Maybe not. Either way it's usually like 5 bucks on there when it goes on sale.

On the road I've been playing Final Fantasy 4 for PSP and just started Danganronpa.

I need a Halloween costume idea, going to a bar crawl on Saturday and need to impress all those mid 30s MILFs that don't respect themselves.

In my experience, women seem to flock to a guy with a good job. So go as that. Start talking about all your benefits and stuff.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers cut Godfrey? I'd say "cold blooded" but it's more like "about time". Dude never looked like an NFL player at any point this season.

I beat Mordor a while back and my PS4 is kind of thirsty. Dust was a pretty decent way to kill a few days though. Not a huge fan of Spelunky. Or really many of these free indie titles from PS+.

I keep scrolling over Diablo and Destiny but those games feel like a chore to me right now. So ironically I've chosen to play a bunch of EU4 here recently instead (aka spreadsheets and maps: the game). You'd think creating the German empire several hundred years prior to its existence would get old but nah conquering Poland is always good for a laugh. I hate the French and Austrians though. Screw those guys.

I'm definitely looking forward to GTA 5 so I missed it on PS3. I loved Sleeping Dogs but I'm not sure if I see the point in getting the PS4 version when I have the PC one already I think. Maybe not. Either way it's usually like 5 bucks on there when it goes on sale.

On the road I've been playing Final Fantasy 4 for PSP and just started Danganronpa.

In my experience, women seem to flock to a guy with a good job. So go as that. Start talking about all your benefits and stuff.

Wish my laptop wouldn't heat up to the temperature of the sun when running Crusader Kings II, that game is pretty awesome. Wonder what it would be like to play online

Dragon

Banned

Loved Danganronpa. Very fun game. Haven't bought 2 yet, heard conflicting things. It's obviously very Japanesey but I kinda dig visual novels like Zero Escape/999.

The PS4 version of Sleeping Dogs is worse than the original PC version, don't bother.

The women who would hook up with a guy like me really would not care about that lol. My friend told me I should dress up as Ray Rice. I'm like that'll be a good way to get my ass beaten.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 15s15 seconds ago
Release of Godfrey comes little more than a yr after Gettleman traded Jon Beason, another guy who lost a step when he blew out his Achilles.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 9m9 minutes ago
Godfrey played in 82 games, with 75 starts, since Panthers drafted him in the third round in 2008.

#DeconstructingHurneynomics

Although I'd imagine that Gettleman's guy Harper would be next on the chopping block

EDIT: In other news, Mike Sam is unemployed

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 3m3 minutes ago

Cowboys cut Michael Sam from practice squad. Signed LB Troy Davis and DT Ken Bishop.

It was at this moment he realized that he fucked up.

That face is perfect for a caption contest. Idzik slighty off camera with a gun to his head.

His GF/wife is all like, "I can't BELEE dis shit.."

The look of disgust on his face says it all.

Laughing so hard at Starbucks right now.

I'm being Nathan Drake. Clothes are already part of my ensemble, and my girlfriend is helping me make a gun holster for my Beretta 92FS air gun. I tried to convince her to be Chloe, but she had her heart set on being the Morton's Salt girl. SMH

Don't ignore Velocity 2x. Great game and perfect kick back and enjoy type of fun while requiring some real skill to get good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Don't ignore Velocity 2x. Great game and perfect kick back and enjoy type of fun while requiring some real skill to get good.

I haven't picked it up since the customary play it once to see how it goes. I should probably give it another go like I do most of the other ones.

Dragon

Banned
I'm being Nathan Drake. Clothes are already part of my ensemble, and my girlfriend is helping me make a gun holster for my Beretta 92FS air gun. I tried to convince her to be Chloe, but she had her heart set on being the Morton's Salt girl. SMH

Hmm good idea on Drake, I may be Indiana Jones instead!

I haven't picked it up since the customary play it once to see how it goes. I should probably give it another go like I do most of the other ones.

I loved the game and the art direction, but it can turn some people off. Kinda like Dust I guess. The only thing I will say is at one point they introduce this mechanic that slows you down and I really didn't like that aspect. Other than that, amazing game.

You can get marks pretty easily just doing daily heroics and then bounties, quests, and doing the world events in cosmodrome. I got like 25 marks in an hour or something like that. Once you know where the world events spawn in cosmodrome you can cruise around and do them like every 10-15 minutes. That was enough to get me the last two pieces I needed to get to level 26. I also had done the Queens Wrath stuff and got the chest and helmet from that. Now I am just waiting for Xur to sell a gun I actually want to use. It's a way bigger pain to upgrade them.

You can get marks pretty easily just doing daily heroics and then bounties, quests, and doing the world events in cosmodrome. I got like 25 marks in an hour or something like that. Once you know where the world events spawn in cosmodrome you can cruise around and do them like every 10-15 minutes. That was enough to get me the last two pieces I needed to get to level 26. I also had done the Queens Wrath stuff and got the chest and helmet from that. Now I am just waiting for Xur to sell a gun I actually want to use. It's a way bigger pain to upgrade them.

Damn I have done like 30 strikes so far, so probably close to 30 hours and I only have like 60 marks. I will have to look into what you said cause the grind is definitely wearing me down, playing way less lately.

Top Bottom