• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

methodman

Banned
Stafford will probably leave and then pull a Vinny Testaverde leading another team to a Conference Championship
He can basically be Kap on another team. Best defense in the league, top 3 coach, and completely choke in the superbowl, and then the nfc championship game the next season. F kap

Doorman

So if you listen to all these responses to the Lions performance this half and what people talking about what the team should do in the off season you'd think the team is 2-5 lol. Oh well I'm not even mad at this.

Good for you guys. It sucks when your team is in this state but it doesn't help to keep ignoring it. I know how it feels. :(

It's easy to say that the team needs a fundamental shift when it's going 0-16 and the talent gap is painfully obvious. A lot harder to call for that degree of change when the team is in that "mediocre zone" where they're not awful, but also not good enough to make it where every fan wants their team to be. Do you hold on and hope that you can pick up a few complimentary pieces to make the difference, or turn the core of the team on its head and take the risk of falling to Hell for the chance to rise to Heaven?

Kas isn't the only Lions fan around who likes Stafford and thinks we can be successful with him, and Stafford alone is not the only bottleneck keeping us from playoff success. No team is perfect, they all have holes, it just comes down to what sort of concept you want to build the team around, and I don't see success coming with this combination of concept and personnel. One or the other will need to change in a big way.

It's easy to say that the team needs a fundamental shift when it's going 0-16 and the talent gap is painfully obvious. A lot harder to call for that degree of change when the team is in that "mediocre zone" where they're not awful, but also not good enough to make it where every fan wants their team to be. Do you hold on and hope that you can pick up a few complimentary pieces to make the difference, or turn the core of the team on its head and take the risk of falling to Hell for the chance to rise to Heaven?

Kas isn't the only Lions fan around who likes Stafford and thinks we can be successful with him, and Stafford alone is not the only bottleneck keeping us from playoff success. No team is perfect, they all have holes, it just comes down to what sort of concept you want to build the team around, and I don't see success coming with this combination of concept and personnel. One or the other will need to change in a big way.

Eagles are 5-1 and I am calling for a new QB. There is no such thing as standing pat, either you are getting better or getting worse.

Line_HTX

No embarrasing international shutout, yay.

I want to see an early morning London game that will end in a 0-0 tie just so the crowd at Wembley will bawl out in laughter.

Drakeon

He can basically be Kap on another team. Best defense in the league, top 3 coach, and completely choke in the superbowl, and then the nfc championship game the next season. F kap

Look, Kap has his issues, but let's not go overboard here. Stafford is 2-25 against teams with winning records, he'd never win a playoff game.

Ronin

I've been happy with the game, but when we have leads, the 3rd quarter is where we usually get a bunch of three and outs and let the opposing team back in. Please prove me wrong today.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Lions will probably still come back somehow, and we'll never hear the end of it.

Great class in this thread, though, Lions fans.

Colasante

Alfonzo Dennard and Aaron Dobson inactive for the Patriots. Not good to see Dennard out. I guess we'll see a lot of Browner against Jeffery this week.

Top Bottom