• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

WedgeX

Banned
This was a seriously great post.

This makes me so happy. I would cry tears of joy if they got a new SS.

Not trolling kas at all, but can someone explain why every pass from Stafford is either low of behind his WR? Guys are wide open and he has time but he is missing bad. He looks legit terrible today.

Fish and chips don't power Stafford like a good coney dog does. His power is sapped!

Anyone have anything substantial in why Moseley was sent home yet?

No idea, but with Fairley's injury I hope Mosley gets cut. Fucking up, in a foreign country, right before a game. Terrible.

Wynnebeck

Banned
The Lions are laying an egg against the Falcons. Green Bay's road to another NFC North title is looking good.

My eyes popped out of my head when I saw the score. Lions just making it easy for the Packers. Also, I can imagine a London team for NFL. If anyone would be fanatical about a team, it's England lol.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Not trolling kas at all, but can someone explain why every pass from Stafford is either low of behind his WR? Guys are wide open and he has time but he is missing bad. He looks legit terrible today.
He's still on Eastern time and everyone else is on Greenwich time.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Now that I live in Europe, I whole heartily support a London team. It feels great watching foosball during normal human hours again.

Doorman

I'm convinced now as much as I've ever been that the Lions will never be successful with the core of the team set up as it is. This Stafford/Johnson/Suh trio. So long as two of those three remain with us I don't believe we'll ever make it as far as a conference championship game, if we even win a single playoff game at all. Stafford is not a starting quarterback on a potential championship team, the inconsistencies are just way too strong.

Blow it up. Do it over. Let Caldwell hand select a quarterback pupil and let's find out what they can do. Pick up a guard in the draft and hope that next year Travis Swanson has the chops to replace Raiola at center. Bring in the new era. And before I'm accused of going off the bridge for one bad half, this is a sentiment that I've held since the offseason, but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they could "fix" Stafford after all. I don't see it happening anymore, so I'm ready to pull the plug for good on this mess.

Line_HTX

Is that Chelsea logo a lion? If so, they must've infiltrated Detroit's offense. :p

It looks like Atlanta is making the Lions look like total frauds.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm convinced now as much as I've ever been that the Lions will never be successful with the core of the team set up as it is. This Stafford/Johnson/Suh trio. So long as two of those three remain with us I don't believe we'll ever make it as far as a conference championship game, if we even win a single playoff game at all. Stafford is not a starting quarterback on a potential championship team, the inconsistencies are just way too strong.

Blow it up. Do it over. Let Caldwell hand select a quarterback pupil and let's find out what they can do. Pick up a guard in the draft and hope that next year Travis Swanson has the chops to replace Raiola at center. Bring in the new era. And before I'm accused of going off the bridge for one bad half, this is a sentiment that I've held since the offseason, but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they could "fix" Stafford after all. I don't see it happening anymore, so I'm ready to pull the plug for good on this mess.

Bingo. My sentiments exactly.

I'll go as far as saying this team will never be successful with Stafford as QB. He's radically inconsistent. It won't ever work.

I worry, though, that whoever they bring in under Lombardi will languish. Lombardi has absolutely no idea what he's doing. He single-handedly took one of the best offensive lines in the league and, through his new scheme, turned it into a bottom five line.

bionic77

I feel like a genius after picking the Falcons.

It's my week to win the office pool (though I already got the Beoncos game wrong)!

RBH

457881702.JPG

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Lions need to unload Calvin. I've been saying it for two years now. Total waste of money and nobody wins championships with luxury WRs these days.

So if you listen to all these responses to the Lions performance this half and what people talking about what the team should do in the off season you'd think the team is 2-5 lol. Oh well I'm not even mad at this.

BigAT

Kas got a DUI for sleeping in his car and can't post about how shitty his QB is doing because he's in local lockup.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions need to unload Calvin. I've been saying it for two years now. Total waste of money and nobody wins championships with luxury WRs these days.

Again, agreed. He's also a major injury problem and with Airmail Stafford overthrowing him so much, he leaps up and ends up taking way too many falls on his back.

Doorman

I worry, though, that whoever they bring in under Lombardi will languish. Lombardi has absolutely no idea what he's doing. He single-handedly took one of the best offensive lines in the league and, through his new scheme, turned it into a bottom five line.

It's a bit tough. This is Lombardi's first time as an offensive coordinator, so some degree of mistake-making I understand. Raiola has not had a good year, and he's not getting any younger. Reiff, Waddle, and Warford are all young guys and I can understand it taking time for them to work out the kinks and coordination in what's likely a more finesse-based system coming out of N'awlins compared to what they were learning before.

I'm not sold on Lombardi at all, but I am willing to give him time. This is Stafford's sixth year, and when it comes to the learning curve for an NFL star-caliber starting QB, that's more than enough time to get it right. He hasn't.

Bingo. My sentiments exactly.

I'll go as far as saying this team will never be successful with Stafford as QB. He's radically inconsistent. It won't ever work.

Good for you guys. It sucks when your team is in this state but it doesn't help to keep ignoring it. I know how it feels. :(

Is it fair to say Stafford is the new Jeff George? Rocket arm but rocks in the head. Why wouldn't you embrace a QB coach to improve? If you're not willing to get better, then the fans should be all over him. Kas says he's active on Twitter, so tweet the hell outta him.

Top Bottom