• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

bionic77

We are allowed to take coaches in the draft, right?
Glazers don't have time to worry about how to run their actually teams. Nor do they worry about actually being able to afford the teams they own.

Thats now how they roll.

They will distract themselves from how they ruined the Bucs and United by buying another successful team and running it into the ground. Thats how W Bush did it, thats how his kids are going to do it, and thats how your owners still do it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looking back I'm actually a lot more impressed with Hoyer yesterday.

300yds, 2TDs and 2 INTs.

He did this minus three pro bowlers on offense (Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, Alex Mack)

eznark

Banned
Looking back I'm actually a lot more impressed with Hoyer yesterday.

300yds, 2TDs and 2 INTs.

He did this minus three pro bowlers on offense (Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, Alex Mack)

Don't ever let counting stats change your mind if you watched the game.

bionic77

Well, it's pretty apparent Ravens are not great.
Last nights game was weird.

The Ravens pushed us around for the first 17 minutes and we didn't do shit on offense (not a single first down in the first 3 or 4 possessions). We always had shit field position and the Ravens always had good position to start their drives.

If the Ravens score on one of those possessions the game might have gone a lot differently. Obviously it turned when Flacco shit his pants seeing the ghost of Deebo's past running at him and threw that horrible pick.

I wouldn't count the Ravens out of the division or the playoff picture just yet. The whole AFC is such garbage that anyone that gets in will have a chance of making it to the show. And they will all probably be praying that they get to play Detroit or Arizona or one of many garbo NFC frauds.

effzee

Sanchez might be better than 2014 Foles.

He will certainly throw less INTs.

Be interesting to see if he opens up in the Eagles offense. He was always a dink and dunker with the Jets. Will be another indictment on their coaching if he comes out slanging effectively with new coaching under the Eagles.

Honestly having guys like Shady and Sproles is the ultimate safety blanket. I think Sanchez' quality of play is going to increase each week. If they keep winning Foles might be out of a job.

He already opened up yesterday. First throw was a 50+ yards bomb to Maclin. His TD to Jordan Mathews was a perfect timing touch throw in the red zone where the Eagles have been dreadful.

Of course it's just 1 game and not even a full one at that but he also looked light years better in the preseason than he has with the Jets. Chip simplifies the offense to the point that he just has to rely on the running game and make smart choices.

Foles was holding onto the ball way too long and his lack of arm strength didn't allow late throws. Sanchez at least has a better arm.

Foles might be back next year simply due to his contract but Barkley has been a bust and will be cut. If Sanchez plays decent he might get a starting opportunity somewhere. No matter what the Eagles will need to draft someone, and someone preferably with all the tools to run Chip's offense to the fullest.

Also can we shoot Josh Huff out of a canon? Every time he touches the ball it leads to a TO. He was supposed to be the speedy small WR the Eagles wanted to use similar to DeSean Jackson but he is terrible. Meanwhile DeSean is lighting it up no matter who the QB...

Where is YH? Everything ok with him?

He already opened up yesterday. First throw was a 50+ yards bomb to Maclin. His TD to Jordan Mathews was a perfect timing touch throw in the red zone where the Eagles have been dreadful.

Of course it's just 1 game and not even a full one at that but he also looked light years better in the preseason than he has with the Jets. Chip simplifies the offense to the point that he just has to rely on the running game and make smart choices.

Foles was holding onto the ball way too long and his lack of arm strength didn't allow late throws. Sanchez at least has a better arm.

Foles might be back next year simply due to his contract but Barkley has been a bust and will be cut. If Sanchez plays decent he might get a starting opportunity somewhere. No matter what the Eagles will need to draft someone, and someone preferably with all the tools to run Chip's offense to the fullest.

Also can we shoot Josh Huff out of a canon? Every time he touches the ball it leads to a TO. He was supposed to be the speedy small WR the Eagles wanted to use similar to DeSean Jackson but he is terrible. Meanwhile DeSean is lighting it up no matter who the QB...

Seriously, where has YH been? Avoiding us because the Pats are good?

njean777

Huff is a rookie right? If he is I expect some mess ups here and there, but those two turn overs were really bad.

bionic77

Seriously, where has YH been? Avoiding us because the Pats are good?
They are not a good team.

And thats a pretty reasonable reason to stay away. That plus the Bone getting slammed in sales must make for a sad environment at the YH household. Dudes gotta eat and if MS isn't making money they are gong to stop taking care of his kangaroo and giraffe.

Bitanator

Murray was only 21 yds away from another 100yd day. Come back soon Tony this team needs you!

I think he was getting some good yards even with 9 in the box against him, Weeden was so incompetent in the passing game that it became increasingly difficult to run. Murrary was not given the ball at all in the 4th to get over the 100 hump again. That proves with all our starters on the O-Line, and a good quarterback who can make plays happen, we can run over and compete with anyone.

Last nights game was weird.

The Ravens pushed us around for the first 17 minutes and we didn't do shit on offense (not a single first down in the first 3 or 4 possessions). We always had shit field position and the Ravens always had good position to start their drives.

If the Ravens score on one of those possessions the game might have gone a lot differently. Obviously it turned when Flacco shit his pants seeing the ghost of Deebo's past running at him and threw that horrible pick.

I wouldn't count the Ravens out of the division or the playoff picture just yet. The whole AFC is such garbage that anyone that gets in will have a chance of making it to the show. And they will all probably be praying that they get to play Detroit or Arizona or one of many garbo NFC frauds.

We can blame the defense all we want (and we should, the secondary was trash), but Flacco didn't help set the up for success. It's just crazy how much worse he is on the road. And I don't want to hear that Flacco has been much better this year. He's had three really good games (vs Pit, vs Car, @TB, but that one doesn't count), the rest were average to terrible.

I think it was you who was saying that a good quarterback makes his wide receivers look good. Well, that ain't happening in Baltimore (because Flacks isn't a good QB). Steve Smith is (as was Boldin) the rare type of receiver that makes a QB look good, and that's what Smith has done this year, while looking like our only competent receiver.

vKd41T3.jpg

Hnnnngggggg

Greg

They are not a good team.

And thats a pretty reasonable reason to stay away. That plus the Bone getting slammed in sales must make for a sad environment at the YH household. Dudes gotta eat and if MS isn't making money they are gong to stop taking care of his kangaroo and giraffe.
:jnc

I fear this. Jets/Titans coming up should be a nice 8-3 going to the bye. But knowing us we'll drop both and be in the number counting game again come week 17
Right. This would also be a Tomlin trademark. Win a couple games big and then have a huge letdown.

There's going to be at least one 10-6 team in the AFC that misses the playoffs. Steelers can't afford to dick around the next two weeks. We already had our debucle.

Milchjon

Rich Hill ‏@PP_Rich_Hill 22 Min.Vor 22 Minuten
By the way Peyton Manning just lost his 0.700 membership card. Needs to win next 2 to get back with a 175-75 record to rejoin Brady, Montana

Coldnoodle hasn't posted in 19 days

yankeehater hasn't posted in 8 days.

Hope everything's OK for those guys. Maybe they just got burnt out on the forum and needed a break.

Zeke

I think he was getting some good yards even with 9 in the box against him, Weeden was so incompetent in the passing game that it became increasingly difficult to run. Murrary was not given the ball at all in the 4th to get over the 100 hump again. That proves with all our starters on the O-Line, and a good quarterback who can make plays happen, we can run over and compete with anyone.
I'm gonna homer it up for a second but I fully believe if Dallas had a healthy Romo they win. Dez should of had five or six catches. Williams should of had a few too. Weeden's passes were inaccurate as fuck. Make those completions and keep the chains moving and Murray gets fed, 21yds isn't that far fetched. I kind of want Romo to sit out the jags game to get extra rest. I would hope the team could scratch out a win against the jags but I'm not that confident. Defense needs to be top priority these next few drafts just like oline was. I'd like to see them go dline and add another pass rusher via fa. I hope butt fumble plays turkey day Dallas needs a win against the eagles real bad.

Milchjon

Coldnoodle hasn't posted in 19 days

yankeehater hasn't posted in 8 days.

Hope everything's OK for those guys. Maybe they just got burnt out on the forum and needed a break.

Bread said yankee sent him a message on XBL about being busy.

I messaged noodle on Twitter yesterday, no response yet. He's not on IRC either. Although he was "active" on GAF like a week ago.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, but that's not going to happen. It's been the same way ever since he's been in the league. Some teams are just able to play him well enough that he isn't able to adjust out of it. Those tend to be very good teams. We just got beat by a really good one last night that outplayed us in all 3 phases. We're probably never gonna get a pissed off Peyton that goes full tilt and just unleashes on any defense. It's the trade off we get for a QB that mostly plays pretty mistake free and can score a good amount of points on a consistent basis. I don't think we'll ever get the Elway moment with Peyton.

Despite some of the analysis about being top 10 DVOA I really felt this was game was gonna be tough. Was hoping I was wrong and we would be dominant but that just wasn't the case. The Patriots really had a great offensive plan against the defense of the Broncos. They basically became the Patriots of old, doing curl routes or crossing routes against physical secondaries to get separation. And boy did their oline hold up against the Denver pass rush. I can only recount a couple of times we were able to get any real pressure on Brady, and he would usually need to step up a little bit in order to get enough time to find a receiver that managed to get open (can't count how many 3rd or 4th down completions were done this way). Congrats to the Pats for finding out a solid game plan against the way we play. In the AFC championship game we were able to get a lot of pressure up the middle, but I think there was only 1 or 2 times in this game where I saw that happen. It's kinda crazy how quickly that Pats oline has been able to adjust after a horrid start for the season to one that I think is playing pretty incredible right now.

I hope the Broncos offense can make better adjustments in the future to make it easier on themselves. Maybe have Julius do some different patterns to get separation from Browner. Maybe not have Hillman try to block blitzing linebackers, cause he was horribly overmatched last night. Maybe have Peyton actually complete some more 3rd downs, I dunno I'm just talking crazy at this point. Whatever we do, no more Talib on Edelman or LaFell. I think he's too big too adjust to their shiftiness. I'd rather have Harris and Roby/Webster/Carter doing that with Talib/Ward shadowing Gronk.

And for the love of God clean up special teams.

Why don't we get the Peyton of that Chargers game comeback? Ever? We get it in spurts when we are down, but it's rare. I'd be fine with mistakes, as long as we are straight up trying to destroy other teams. We're not though. Our team identity is some weird mix of Fox/Manning/Del Rio. It's conservative, scared, and incompetent at times. It's always been the question with this team, will they sack up and realize that they have the Tebow given ability to be tough and compete with any team in the league? Or will they continue to be front runners and wilt when they play a bad game? I thought we had it partially figured out after the Seahawks game, but I think I thought wrong.

It's always easy to criticize after a bad loss, but this has been weighing on me for awhile. I think Peyton is a wonderful QB, and this is a good team, but they are missing a component like a Ray Lewis or a Mike Shanahan. Someone that would travel to hell for an away game, and punch his own mom in face just for a chance to win. As of right now, the closest we have to that is John Elway and he can't lead the team. Maybe they will wake up at some point and get a killer instinct. That's what separated the 97/98 Broncos from the rest. They would kick your teeth in, run down your throat, and dance on your corpse. This team as it stands right now has none of that, and I'm not sure if they ever get it.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, but goddamn what I wouldn't give for Peyton to just say fuck it and show some emotion for once. Not to mention Fox never using cruise control again. Just push the throttle all the way down and not look back.

Might be too much to ask.

Either way fuck the Pats.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
just watched the chargers "highlights"

As a lions fan I'm just a little bit worried.

Don't be. The Chargers defense does not pressure the QB like our defensive line does, nobody in the league does. Tannehill will have no time to throw.

Our LBs and DBs are ball hawks so that means the running game will be gone.

Plus on offense will be at near full strength for the first time since Week 2. And we'll be at home.

My main concern is coming off a bye we'll start off slow and inconsistent.

Top Bottom