• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

Has any team won more dominantly this season than the Dolphins yesterday? 37-0 in the third when Tannehill got benched.

I'm starting to think this defense is for real. The big question I still have is, can this team beat a team with a great d-line?

We're 5-3 buddies!! Look out world, here we come!!
We are 5-3 bros as well!

Has any team won more dominantly this season than the Dolphins yesterday? 37-0 in the third when Tannehill got benched.

I'm starting to think this defense is for real. The big question I still have is, can this team beat a team with a great d-line?

We are 5-3 bros as well!

Dolphins defense has been good for a few years. It was the offense that stinks.

That said they're much more well rounded now. For better or worse they need to rely on Tannehill to put it together.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Foles has a broken collar bone? The gods must have an eye out for GB bc Eagles would have spanked us. Now that's at least 2 guaranteed wins!

Dolphins defense has been good for a few years. It was the offense that stinks.

That said they're much more well rounded now. For better or worse they need to rely on Tannehill to put it together.
The defense has been good but not this consistently. As for the offense it's all about the o-line and Lazor's new system. Last year every Dolphins win was in spite of the o-line, it was always there as a massive weakness. This season they are at least average and it's allowing the offense to flourish, at least against teams that don't have a great d-line.

Tannehill is finally playing in an offense geared to his strengths. Lots of short and intermediate passes mixed in with some PA and read option to get him on the move. He looks more poised and comfortable now than ever before. It helps that he has actually had time to work through his progressions.

Yesterday might be the best I've seen the Dolphins play in my lifetime.

If the Dolphins can stay healthy they've got a legit shot at a wildcard. No chance of catching NE, I'm afraid, they are destined for 12-4 at worst.

The defense has been good but not this consistently. As for the offense it's all about the o-line and Lazor's new system. Last year every Dolphins win was in spite of the o-line, it was always there as a massive weakness. This season they are at least average and it's allowing the offense to flourish, at least against teams that don't have a great d-line.

Tannehill is finally playing in an offense geared to his strengths. Lots of short and intermediate passes mixed in with some PA and read option to get him on the move. He looks more poised and comfortable now than ever before. It helps that he has actually had time to work through his progressions.

If the Dolphins can stay healthy they've got a legit shot at a wildcard. No chance of catching NE, I'm afraid, they are destined for 12-4 at worst.

AFC East teams need to worry about splitting with NE. Just win one game in the season series and the whole division is blown open.

Godslay

Banned
Man Broncos D is annoying me. So inconsistent.

Let's be real here. The defense has kept them in games when the offense can't get going. If anything the offense has been hit or miss.

Yesterday the offense put the defense in some tough spots. That's not to say the defense played well, because they didn't. They can't always bail you out from shitty field position, turnovers, and flags. Shitty 3 and outs, plus short drives time wise add up for a defense, especially when they face a team that will grind you out with the hurry up.

All three phases sucked yesterday, but I'll take Manning at his word that he stunk and the team needs him to play better than he did. I'm glad he admitted as much, and I hope to see an attitude adjustment.

Can't we just have that Manning were he's irritated enough to just light teams up? We either get timid Manning, or the guy who is good/great but everything is in order so no need to adjust. When things go south though he has a hard time adjusting. This last game and the SB are perfect examples. Team hit some tough spots and wilted. Manning included.

I love Manning as much as the next Bronco fan. Don't get me wrong here, but I feel he needs to lead with some toughness and adapt to bad situations. It's the weakest part of his game and arguably keeping him from being the greatest. Not arrogance mind you, just the attitude that I am going to kick your ass, if you try to stop me and knock me down I'm going to get back up and you'll have to kill me to stop me.

Right now we have the mentality of a bully. We are going to hit you, but if you hit us harder and faster we are going to run home. Maybe it's more a coaching thing, but I'd like to see Manning lead the charge, his press conference was a start.

andthebeatgoeson

specialteamssuperfriendsteamup.0.gif

Brad Wing (P) and Shaun Suisham (K) walk Levine to his car.
He can't really live that one down.

effzee

Foles has a broken collar bone? The gods must have an eye out for GB bc Eagles would have spanked us. Now that's at least 2 guaranteed wins!

?????

GB is going to rip apart this D. What does not having Foles have to do with it? If Sanchez doesn't turn it over as much as Foles has been all season, he is already better than Foles.

Let's be real here. The defense has kept them in games when the offense can't get going. If anything the offense has been hit or miss.

Yesterday the offense put the defense in some tough spots. That's not to say the defense played well, because they didn't. They can't always bail you out from shitty field position, turnovers, and flags. Shitty 3 and outs, plus short drives time wise add up for a defense, especially when they face a team that will grind you out with the hurry up.

All three phases sucked yesterday, but I'll take Manning at his word that he stunk and the team needs him to play better than he did. I'm glad he admitted as much, and I hope to see an attitude adjustment.

Can't we just have that Manning were he's irritated enough to just light teams up? We either get timid Manning, or the guy who is good/great but everything is in order so no need to adjust. When things go south though he has a hard time adjusting. This last game and the SB are perfect examples. Team hit some tough spots and wilted. Manning included.

I love Manning as much as the next Bronco fan. Don't get me wrong here, but I feel he needs to lead with some toughness and adapt to bad situations. It's the weakest part of his game and arguably keeping him from being the greatest. Not arrogance mind you, just the attitude that I am going to kick your ass, if you try to stop me and knock me down I'm going to get back up and you'll have to kill me to stop me.

Right now we have the mentality of a bully. We are going to hit you, but if you hit us harder and faster we are going to run home. Maybe it's more a coaching thing, but I'd like to see Manning lead the charge, his press conference was a start.

You're right. Manning IS a choker.

Patriots7

You're one game behind us with the tie breaker.
Too early to write NE into the playoffs. Next 5 games will determine that.

Godslay

Banned
You're right. Manning IS a choker.

Hahaha. Should have known this was coming. I'm not gonna lie we get one of two Mannings when things go bad. We get the guy who is pissed and unleashes the fury. Or the guy who overthinks it all and throws the game away. If he could consistently be the angry Manning when things go south, we'd be just fine.

jmdajr

How nice of the Texans to help the Steelers get back on track.

Maybe the Browns and Bengals can do the same for us!

You're one game behind us with the tie breaker.
Too early to write NE into the playoffs. Next 5 games will determine that.
I've done this dance before, my friend! Too many times!

Miami is kind of an unknown in that they might actually get over the hump for once, but even that is a stretch. NE is not, they are who they are, destined for 12+ wins.

BigAT

Has there ever been an easier 3-game stretch than when the Chargers faced, in order, the Jaguars, Jets and Raiders? Combined record of 2-24.

There is a guy sitting in the library wearing an EJ Manuel Bills jersey.

I went to sit opposite of him, with my pats cap on and gave him the biggest shit eating grin ever just for the hell of it.

He went to sit somewhere else.

Pats win again.

bionic77

There is a sitting in the library wearing an EJ Manuel Bills jersey.

I went to sit opposite of him, with my pats cap on and gave him the biggest shit eating grin ever just for the hell of it.

Pats win again.
Petty sure the Bills fan won by moving away.

Dolphins are 2nd in passing yards allowed and they held Rivers to 138 and 3 INT's. They seem a lot better now that Reshad Jones is back as well. Also, who knew Innegan still had some juice left in the tank?

Pimpwerx

Listening to local radio and they make an interesting point. What does this do for Marino if Tannehill suddenly turns into a good QB? Also, is this going to ruin our run at Harbaugh? PEACE.

BigAT

So I'm sitting in the library this morning trying to study and out of nowhere this guy sits down next to me. Doesn't say a word, just stares at me. I tried to keep reading, but the next time I glanced up he was still looking at me, but now he had this creepy grin on his face. Well that was it, I had to get up and leave. As I collecting my things I saw him dig into his capri pants, grab his phone, and mutter to himself, "Oh man, GAF is gonna love this".

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There is a guy sitting in the library wearing an EJ Manuel Bills jersey.

Pats win again.

I moved because you smelled like actual shit.

Guys, go easy on Dutch. He recently went through a very traumatic two week stretch where the Patriots looked like they might not go 12-4 and compete for first place in the AFC. I think we all need to show a little more compassion with events like this so fresh in the rearview mirror.

Guys, go easy on Dutch. He recently went through a very traumatic two week stretch where the Patriots looked like they might not go 12-4 and compete for first place in the AFC. I think we all need to show a little more compassion with events like this so fresh in the rearview mirror.

Thank you friend. May we never forget

jmdajr

I picked up Tom Brady when he was left for dead. Still, that was two weeks in a row I left him on my bench,

still won

Man those weeks were hell. I felt like I was a dolphins fan.

All crazyness on a stick though (A famous Dutch expression, y'all are welcome), how has James Harrison played so far this season? I see he left his mark on the game yesterday, but has this been going on all season?

Also, I'm jealous of the Steelers their ability to draft and develop WRs.

Top Bottom