• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

Marcus Lattimore is retiring according to ESPN. Shame. Dude looked like the second coming his first year in college. Another victim of NCAA/NFL collusion.

Syrinx

I wish we lived in an alternate reality where the Falcons traded away their whole draft and then some to move up to draft Clowney.

Edit: Ah, really sucks about Lattimore.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bigger picture: It just seems like Clowney doesn't really love football. We gave him a pass for dogging it at South Carolina under the pretense that he wasn't saving himself for the NFL, but now that he's in the NFL, he's dogging it again.

Yep, it's pretty shameful. I wonder what his teammates think. He's quitting on his team and collecting a paycheck. Hurling accusations of someone quitting is serious but his track record speaks for itself. I'm glad we did not end up trading up to get him.

Clowney is setting up a bad precedent for future pampered high school and SEC prospects.

Why don't we get the Peyton of that Chargers game comeback? Ever? We get it in spurts when we are down, but it's rare. I'd be fine with mistakes, as long as we are straight up trying to destroy other teams. We're not though. Our team identity is some weird mix of Fox/Manning/Del Rio. It's conservative, scared, and incompetent at times. It's always been the question with this team, will they sack up and realize that they have the Tebow given ability to be tough and compete with any team in the league? Or will they continue to be front runners and wilt when they play a bad game? I thought we had it partially figured out after the Seahawks game, but I think I thought wrong.

It's always easy to criticize after a bad loss, but this has been weighing on me for awhile. I think Peyton is a wonderful QB, and this is a good team, but they are missing a component like a Ray Lewis or a Mike Shanahan. Someone that would travel to hell for an away game, and punch his own mom in face just for a chance to win. As of right now, the closest we have to that is John Elway and he can't lead the team. Maybe they will wake up at some point and get a killer instinct. That's what separated the 97/98 Broncos from the rest. They would kick your teeth in, run down your throat, and dance on your corpse. This team as it stands right now has none of that, and I'm not sure if they ever get it.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, but goddamn what I wouldn't give for Peyton to just say fuck it and show some emotion for once. Not to mention Fox never using cruise control again. Just push the throttle all the way down and not look back.

Might be too much to ask.

Either way fuck the Pats.

I feel ya man. I've been waiting for that ever since he's been in the league.

jmdajr

Because I wanted to look it up.

Jadeveon Clowney and the Houston Texans have come to an agreement on a rookie contract, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. Clowney earned a healthy paycheck after being selected No. 1 overall in the 2014 NFL Draft. Per McClain, the deal is worth $22.272 million guaranteed, with a $14.518 million signing bonus.

Well I hope he saves that money. Still early but that 2nd 100 million dollar contract isn't shaping up too good so far.

Why do Dolphins fans always complain about the team not getting respect from the media?

1. Who cares?
2. Respect is earned by repeated success, not the occasional winning streak (inevitably followed by a collapse)
3. Who cares?

The Dolphins are a factory of inconsistency and failure. That perception is going to take a lot to change, as it should. Even I am constantly having to remind myself not to get too excited about this team.

eznark

Banned
who gives a shit about the game tonight? No one. Let's get the new thread up so we can all start celebrating Packers - Bears week!!

w3voF.jpg

Bread

Banned
Why do Dolphins fans always complain about the team not getting respect from the media?

1. Who cares?
2. Respect is earned by repeated success, not the occasional winning streak (inevitably followed by a collapse)
3. Who cares?

The Dolphins are a factory of inconsistency and failure. That perception is going to take a lot to change, as it should. Even I am constantly having to remind myself not to get too excited about this team.
Yeah fuck the Dolphins fans!

jmdajr

1. Who cares?
3. Who cares?

They can't even beat the lowly Texans even once. All that crap hurts image man!

Tom Penny

1. Who cares?
3. Who cares?

I was forced to trade for Tannehill because Romo has no back. He had a damn good game doe.

so if I responded to you in the same manner...I'm sure I'd get banned....so I won't get personal....but go ahead and hide behind the GAF rules, and make personal statements about players you don't know.

lol sorry for insulting your boy. I'm sure you guys are close.

Bread

Banned
so if I responded to you in the same manner...I'm sure I'd get banned....so I won't get personal....but go ahead and hide behind the GAF rules, and make personal statements about players you don't know.
tell your boy to read a book

a play book HAHAHAHAHAHAH

who gives a shit about the game tonight? No one. Let's get the new thread up so we can all start celebrating Packers - Bears week!!

w3voF.jpg

Packers Bears. Ugh.

Cutler scores a TD to start.

Packers respond by dropping 21 points on the Bears.

Cutler starts slinging interceptions, giving the Packers at least 1 defensive TD.

Cutler bitches out like he always does and quits on the game.

eznark

Banned
Packers Bears. Ugh.

Cutler scores a TD to start.

Packers respond by dropping 21 points on the Bears.

Cutler starts slinging interceptions, giving the Packers at least 1 defensive TD.

Cutler bitches out like he always does and quits on the game.

IT'S THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST WONDERFUL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

packwin.gif

nfl_a_cutlerdejection1_576.jpg

packwin.gif

packwin.gif

packwin.gif

packwin.gif

JABEE

na, I just wish I could respond to you in the way I want to...which I think would be fair...but Politically Correct GAF wouldn't allow it.

PM are treated the same way, I believe.....correct?

Rip into Ninja's boy, Tom! It's allowed in this thread!

BOOM! Cardinals are now the uncontested NFL Overlords biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch! Still on track for 11 wins but with the way the Chickens have looked lately, may have to boost that to 12. I'm going to be conservative for now and not go past 11 until after that Seattle game is played.

Again, bummed that Romo didn't play, would have been far more satisfying to trounce him and there's hilariously a lot of Cowgirl fans saying they would have won by 17 if he played. Give me a break! The key to beating Dallas remains true regardless who their QB is, contain their run game. Holding Murray to 79 yards on 19 carries without a TD is pretty damn good. The real battle was provided in a microcosm when Dallas was 4th and inches and desperately needed that first down (obviously, if they are going for it) and the league leading rusher couldn't muster INCHES. That's a Run D, baby! Romo looked like balls against the Skins blitzing so I have no doubts we would have had Romo scrambling and throwing picks. I digress though, garbage Weeden played and he was as bad as expected.

Honey Badger is finally starting to return to form from last year, we'll call it Badger Mode. He still has a brace on like Campbell but they seem to be playing well regardless. Dan Williams (NT) had his best game as a pro. Also, Peterson finally had a shutdown performance, we used him like last year allowing him to trail the leading receiver all over the field and he completely took Dez out of the game until the last minute, garbage time. I had already stated he'd have a much easier time of Dez than guys like Desean Jackson or Maclin because Peterson is a big, physical CB who likes to play against likewise WRs (Sherman is the same this way). The speedy WRs are the ones that give him more trouble even though he's fast. Absolutely his job is made easier by an incompetent Weeden but we've seen many times over the years where the scrub backup spams the ball to the stud receiver and they get big numbers even if they lose the game. Peterson did extremely well and swears he will continue to play at this level going forward after all the early criticism. Honestly, the main thing killing Peterson and Sherman are the rule changes, they are both very physical and are really having to adjust their game with the defensive holding rule.

Despite the Pick 6, Carson had a very solid game with 3 TDs to the one pick and something like 103 QB rating. He now has 11 TDs to 2 picks in 5 games this season, so much for being a bad QB! You guys go ahead and keep pretending he's bad and will keep us from winning though. I mean we're just 14-3 since week 8, 2013. Man he's bad!

Ellington beat out Murray on Sunday and is 7th in the league for total yards by a RB, averaging 109 per game.

Now the bad, still getting too many drive killing penalties and our younger receivers are dropping too many damn passes. Actually, our veteran TE, Carlson dropped two or three in the red zone alone! WTF? Need to clean this crap up if we want to be contenders and get a bye. Our guards did better at run blocking but Larsen still looks like shit and was beat for a bad sack. The coaches need to replace his ass with Cooper already! In the meantime, we are playing far from perfect yet we just keep winning. Figuring things out and learning lessons while winning works for me and we will only get better and better as the season goes on. Our offense can be pretty damn explosive once we clean up the penalty errors and dropped passes. We now get to come home for the next two games where we haven't lost a single game this season. Real home field advantage in Zona, Go Cards!

Bread

Banned
na, I just wish I could respond to you in the way I want to...which I think would be fair...but Politically Correct GAF wouldn't allow it.

PM are treated the same way, I believe.....correct?
nah pms are fair game, tell scooter how you really feel through there

Zeke

So how much longer can the Texans suck before it's not just okay but completely fair to say the front office is fucking idiotic

Seriously, going into a full season with Fitzpatrick being their best option at QB. Actually biting on the Mallet trade. Making it so a hurt rookie who doesn't want to come back early looks like less of a quitter than you. Being bad enough that Watt openly says "I'm getting sick of saying we do a good job of fighting back"
We'll trade you Weeden for fitzmagic

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFC North Standings:

1.) Detroit Lions: 6-2
2.) Green Bay Packers: 5-3
3.) Minnesota Vikings: 4-5
4.) Chicago Bears: 3-5

Squabble amongst yourselves Packers and Bears fans. The Lions have more serious business to attend to, such as the #1 seed in the NFC.

Top Bottom