• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

jmdajr

So how much longer can the Texans suck before it's not just okay but completely fair to say the front office is fucking idiotic

Seriously, going into a full season with Fitzpatrick being their best option at QB. Actually biting on the Mallet trade. Making it so a hurt rookie who doesn't want to come back early looks like less of a quitter than you. Being bad enough that Watt openly says "I'm getting sick of saying we do a good job of fighting back"

Our GM isn't that bad. He makes just enough good picks to eventually send them to other teams to find success.

Every once in awhile he'll play a joke though. Like send Matt to the Raiders.

eznark

Banned
NFC North Standings:

1.) Detroit Lions: 6-2
2.) Green Bay Packers: 5-3
3.) Minnesota Vikings: 4-5
4.) Chicago Bears: 3-5

Squabble amongst yourselves Packers and Bears fans. The Lions have more serious business to attend to, such as the #1 seed in the NFC.

Enjoy the second half of the season. I know I will!

JABEE

DM would have been perm'd by now if he flipped out everytime someone made fun of his main man Freeman.

DM's drunkenness is his ban. He can't even enjoy making the Madden-GAF championship! I love DM, but the combination of Schiano, Freeman, Lovie, and the Toy-R-Us Giraffe are breaking my man down!

Tom Penny

So how much longer can the Texans suck before it's not just okay but completely fair to say the front office is fucking idiotic

Seriously, going into a full season with Fitzpatrick being their best option at QB. Actually biting on the Mallet trade. Making it so a hurt rookie who doesn't want to come back early looks like less of a quitter than you. Being bad enough that Watt openly says "I'm getting sick of saying we do a good job of fighting back"

Texans wasted away half the season by not playing Mallet.

so if I responded to you in the same manner...I'm sure I'd get banned....so I won't get personal....but go ahead and hide behind the GAF rules, and make personal statements about players you don't know.

Yeah, stop making fun of the fortycriers everyone

Kaep is so good and smart. 3 straight passes and incompletions when one run would have won the Super Bowl. That takes heart! That takes a team that's full of smart winners!

RRnhhqW.gif

So the Jets will get the number 1 pick.

Who do they pick?

Jameis Winston

If the Dolphins lose this weekend I will truly feel sorry for NFL-GAF as my team failed to slow the :kas menace that haunts us. I say slow because the menace can never be truly stopped.

If the Dolphins lose this weekend I will truly feel sorry for NFL-GAF as my team failed to slow the :kas menace that haunts us.

I'm really curious to see which Phin team shows up, hopefully the one from Week 9. Do the Lions even have a single impressive win? The Packers and Saints were both still trash when they played them. The way they won against the Failcons? lol I'm considering them pretenders at this point but I'm not ruling them out completely for making the playoffs because they will undoubtedly be better when Megatron is back. Bush was shit even before the injury this season so who knows with him but Fairley will obviously help too.

I just see the Packers continuing to improve and winning that division at which point the Lions are battling the likes of the Chickens, Eagles or Cowgirls, and 'maybe' Niners (if they come alive at the end but it's looking doubtful they'll be able to squeeze in at this point) for a wildcard.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm thinking that that poster isn't wise to how we normally interact in here, wasn't comfortable with what LJ said and reported him to a mod.

Heck, I've gotten used to it in here, and I'm sure everyone remembers how hard I was to deal with at first.

So I'm told "the thirst" means horny. Bleacher Report is claiming Clowney sat out because he was horny.

Well, he is at that age, you know...

I'm really curious to see which Phin team shows up, hopefully the one from Week 9. Do the Lions even have a single impressive win? The Packers and Saints were both still trash when they played them. The way they won against the Failcons? lol I'm considering them pretenders at this point but I'm not ruling them out completely for making the playoffs because they will undoubtedly be better when Megatron is back. Bush was shit even before the injury this season so who knows with him but Fairley will obviously help too.

I just see the Packers continuing to improve and winning that division at which point the Lions are battling the likes of the Chickens, Eagles or Cowgirls, and 'maybe' Niners (if they come alive at the end but it's looking doubtful they'll be able to squeeze in at this point) for a wildcard.

I'd argue the Giants and Vikings games. Neither were particularly close. Discounting the Packers win is kinda cheap, though.

I'm really hoping that we get more of Riddick and start to faze Bush out of the offense a bit more. Riddick is younger and arguably seems to have more ability and consistency at this time, at least in the passing game.

Gobias said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=923512&page=4

This is amazing

Another classic delivered by Lionel Mandrake.

Now all we need is Sunhi to come give that thread his blessing and we can raise into the pantheon of all-time greats with luminaries like "Go ly dow" and "I thought my headphones were plugged in" and "Pls Respond"

Only a fool gets angry at facts.

Hey man, you need to stop making statements about players you don't know, OK?

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 17m17 minutes ago
Clowney says he won't be available all week. Says maybe after the bye week. He's been muzzled. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 16m16 minutes ago
Andre Johnson was asked if he'd welcome a change at QB. Said "that's out of my control." #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 13m13 minutes ago
Ryan Mallett just walked in. Coincidentally, the #Texans just closed the locker room to media.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 5m5 minutes ago
RT @PaulyGSays: Hopkins was asked to grade offense & if he'd have confidence if team put Mallett under center. "No comment" to both #Texans

BOB has done got mad, Dre is pissed and Clowney is horny.

jmdajr

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 17m17 minutes ago
Clowney says he won't be available all week. Says maybe after the bye week. He's been muzzled. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 16m16 minutes ago
Andre Johnson was asked if he'd welcome a change at QB. Said "that's out of my control." #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 13m13 minutes ago
Ryan Mallett just walked in. Coincidentally, the #Texans just closed the locker room to media.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 5m5 minutes ago
RT @PaulyGSays: Hopkins was asked to grade offense & if he'd have confidence if team put Mallett under center. "No comment" to both #Texans

BOB has done got mad, Dre is pissed and Clowney is horny.

Pretty exciting time at the game yesterday when we had the chance to take the lead and it was miss pass, miss pass, miss pass, miss FG and then just a little bit later Foster Body quits.

MechDX

Pretty exciting time at the game yesterday when we had the chance to take the lead and it was miss pass, miss pass, miss pass, miss FG and then just a little bit later Foster Body quits.

But was Clowney on the sideline looking at Instagram and did he have a boner?

Oh and Mallett responded to his deleted Tweet from last night:

Ryan_mallett_15
@Ryan_mallett_15

Don't misinterpret my last tweet. I'm not calling to be the starter. Frustrations of losing. I play my role. I am a team player first. Always.

Greg will you be on #breadstream later today for the real Monday matchup Bread vs Boban?

Jimmy is about to go all JIMMYYYYY on that bitch!

Bread pls. Terrelle Pryor cannot be stopped.

When do you want to play? I'm shattered so I'm gonna hit the sack for a little while, is 2-3 hours OK for you are you working/going to class tonight?

bionic77

who gives a shit about the game tonight? No one. Let's get the new thread up so we can all start celebrating Packers - Bears week!!

w3voF.jpg
I am more interested in tonight's game.

I am tied in the office pool. I need the Colts to win and the total score to be less than 48 points. If Giants win or colts win and total score is more than 48 I am out 150 bucks.

That to me is a lot more exciting than the typical Bears/Packers blowout. You guys don't even break jaws or go for knees anymotr after the play is over. This rivalry is not heated enough anymore.

TheFatOne

Only thing left for me to be convinced that this Pats team might be different from the previous seasons is them winning a tough game on the road. It's the big issue coming up for them. They can play well in Foxboro, but I want to see that against a playoff team in their building. Fortunately they have a few of those lined up this season.

Zeke

I love watching dez play, and Weeden is awful, but damn if Dez isn't a terrible teammate. I think he believes everyone around him exists to facilitate his personal goals
What? Dez has become a leader on that team. How the hell has he been a bad teammate?

So the Jets will get the number 1 pick.

Who do they pick?

You don't need the number one pick to get a QB even at number 3 Jets could still land their QB, Carr looks to be the Raiders franchise QB, they gonna get weapons for him, Jags have Blake so another team that needs to add weapons for their young QB, if the Jets end up 3rd unless someone at 4th and 5th gives up a kings ransom to move ahead of the Jets, they Jets will get their QB..

Top Bottom