• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

bionic77

If it is really windy in Foxboro (i.e. Satan's anus), which qb is better able to deal with it?

Both of those olds have noodle arms at this point. If one of those teams has a decent secondary we might see a decent number of INTs.

Peyton can still throw a deep ball. I think Tammy can only do it against the Steelers, who for some bizarre reason don't field a defense during games. Tammy can still probably wing 3 yard slants and those shouldn't really be too bad in the wind. Peyton relies on precise timing for a lot of his throws so I think this is going to end up favoring the Patriots.

Hopefully Denver just runs it 100 times in a row the way Miami did on NE in week one and it doesn't matter.

Dragon

Banned
If it is really windy in Foxboro (i.e. Satan's anus), which qb is better able to deal with it?

Both of those olds have noodle arms at this point. If one of those teams has a decent secondary we might see a decent number of INTs.

Peyton can still throw a deep ball. I think Tammy can only do it against the Steelers, who for some bizarre reason don't field a defense during games. Tammy can still probably wing 3 yard slants and those shouldn't really be too bad in the wind. Peyton relies on precise timing for a lot of his throws so I think this is going to end up favoring the Patriots.

Hopefully Denver just runs it 100 times in a row the way Miami did on NE in week one and it doesn't matter.

Brady has consistently played good in bad weather throughout his career. Peyton really hasn't had as many opportunities, considering he played half his games in a dome in Indy. As far as experience I'd give it to Brady. Does it matter? Probably not. Broncos have a better line on both sides of the ball which is way more important.

For Fox:
Rex opens up today's news conference with levity: 'We're going to go with (Madison) Bumgarner.'

MRSA

Banned
squeeeeee

milana_vayntrub__milana_vayntrub__PRQrDMv8.sized.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Even if they dont go 0-16, They are more or less max out at like 2 maybe lucking into a 3rd if they somehow remember you're suppose to score more points than the other team. It would still extend their futility. 10th 11+ loss season in the last 12 years. Browns after this season will be in a 10 of 12 season with 10+ loss streak lol

Denver sure does have to travel to NE a lot, why don't they balance it out some more?

They do though. The last time the AFC East played the AFC West, the Pats played at Denver.

The last two years the games were scheduled as the same division placement (1st plays 1st, etc), Those rotate home/away after two seasons of those types of games. The next two seasons it'll be the AFC East winner @ the AFC West winner

bionic77

Brady has consistently played good in bad weather throughout his career. Peyton really hasn't had as many opportunities, considering he played half his games in a dome in Indy. As far as experience I'd give it to Brady. Does it matter? Probably not. Broncos have a better line on both sides of the ball which is way more important.

For Fox:
Brady has kind of sucked big ones in Foxboro in the postseason when it has usually been cold (assumption) so I would challenge that assertion that he has played well in bad weather lately.

If/when he has played in bad weather i would give most of the credit to the cheat. A smart coach is able to take advantage of a situation like that. Just like he was able to take advantage of taping the other teams plays. A dumb coach like Tomlin would not adapt at all to the weather and lose the game because he attempted a 55 yard FG into the wind with 30 seconds left and then watched as the other team moved the ball 15 yards and kicked the game winning FG because he didn't understand how wind worked.

Top Bottom