• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

Hunter S.

My take on the Jaguars through 8 games:

Offense: Right now the offense is what is holding the team back. It should be expected as they are relying on mostly rookie and 2nd year players. At one point there were 7 rookies starting on offense. Blake Bortles looks like he has a chance to be good if he can cut down on the ints. He has to learn that he can't get away with some of the throws that he made in college. Denard Robinson has taken over as the starting running back and has back to back 100 yard games. They really need to stop making critical mistakes inside the opponent's 30 yard line.

Defense: After a awful first month of the season, the defense has bounced back and had a great 2nd month. They only gave up 3 touchdowns in the past 4 games and less than 320 yards a game after giving up almost 450 yards a game during the first month. They also lead the league in sacks with 33.

Despite the record, this team is much better than last year. They have a lot of maturing to do, but they are on the right path. It sucks we are 1-7, but at least we are not quite the Jets level of bad.
Gata's Alt?

Thanks for the advice, except I don't know how to drive manual, so I'll either learn on the job or someone else is driving. Last time I was in Michigan most seemed to have automatic IIRC.

Don't worry about it, I think newer cars have special winter settings anyway which will help. If not then pick whichever setting skips first gear otherwise you'll be spinning your wheels all day. Just keep your distance and be gentle with the brakes and steering and you will have nothing to worry about.

Apart from other idiots on the road but that's out of your hands.

And of course hope you're not driving a RWD car or you're boned. Always cracks me up when we get heavy snow over here because winter tyres aren't that common so you're guaranteed to see a few BMWs or Mercs left by the side of the road because the driver realised he was better off just walking home.

Slo

Thanks for the advice, except I don't know how to drive manual, so I'll either learn on the job or someone else is driving. Last time I was in Michigan most seemed to have automatic IIRC.

8c5576d0-a96d-0131-c57b-427fe18f3301.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Turning in my man card. Trust me, I know, I've been meaning to learn just never owned a car that had manual. I almost bought a cheap Accord a month back to practice but decided against. I'll just watch some youtube videos and hope the day doesn't come until I have time off of work.

cajunator

Banned
Turning in my man card. Trust me, I know, I've been meaning to learn just never owned a car that had manual. I almost bought a cheap Accord a month back to practice but decided against. I'll just watch some youtube videos and hope the day doesn't come until I have time off of work.

I dont know how to drive a stick shift either. Never had access to a manual car. Everyone I know drives auto. Frankly Id be too clumsy and skip gears and stuff anyway. Its hard enough keeping tabs on what others on the road are doing let alone having to concentrate on shifting additionally.

Whats this got to do with gender anyway?

Slo

I dont know how to drive a stick shift either. Never had access to a manual car. Everyone I know drives auto. Frankly Id be too clumsy and skip gears and stuff anyway. Its hard enough keeping tabs on what others on the road are doing let alone having to concentrate on shifting additionally.

There's not actually much need to know anymore. When I was a kid my dad used to buy a new pickup every 4 years or so and always insisted on a manual transmission because it was significantly cheaper. Over the years it became more expensive to get the manual because they had become so rare that you'd have to special order them.

image.php

Sorry :(

Godslay

Banned

It's really easy. The first few times might be tough, but after that it's easy.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont either but im going to have to learn to get my CDL i assume even though the recycling truck and packers are automatic lol

Godslay

Banned
All of our fire engines and tankers have those.

Yeah, when I worked on a water utility crew back in the day all the dump/tool trucks had those push button transmissions. Pretty easy to drive, especially with the suicide knob for the steering wheel.

Draxal

Shooting to the top of my hate list.

I don't know how you can hate on him after today, he just Bionced Flood's entire family with him powerless to do anything.

The receiver 86 though was pretty fucking brutal, McEvoy's pass was perfect, that was the worst adjustment to a pass that I've ever seen.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I love manuals.

But owning one in Dallas, Houston, or Austin is the worst. Stop and go traffic one hour each way to get to work makes driving a manual an absolute slog.

If your commute is only 20-30 minutes or less or you don't have much in the way of stop and go, manuals are fantastic.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You like baseball? Why you never in the thread, we need more people posting during games so I dont have to edit my posts so much.

My main issue is I usually play baseball 4-5 times a week in the spring/summer so I'm not really around during the games.

I'm planning to cut down on teams next year, so I'll do my best to post more then.

bionic77

Why the hell would anyone drive a stick unless they have to.That shit can eat a dick in stop and go traffic and winter.
You get more control of the car.

It's a lot of fun in a sports car.

Fuck driving a stick in a big ass trick though. I can see the need but they are no fun to drive.

Tom Penny

You get more control of the car.

It's a lot of fun in a sports car.

Fuck driving a stick in a big ass trick though. I can see the need but they are no fun to drive.

It is fun in a sports car. The most fun I've had is driving a little ass CRX until the hood flew up on me on the highway and I thought I was going to die. My first car was this shitty ass tank Saab stick shift. Not so much fun. Automatic is just so much easier on the East Coast.

squicken

I love manuals.

But owning one in Dallas, Houston, or Austin is the worst. Stop and go traffic one hour each way to get to work makes driving a manual an absolute slog.

If your commute is only 20-30 minutes or less or you don't have much in the way of stop and go, manuals are fantastic.

My first couple of cars were manual, and it was awful driving anywhere in the city. Haven't driven a manual in 10+ years so I wonder how long it would take me to pick it back up

squicken

I can't believe Duke has a top 25 football team. Cutcliffe has done and awesome job there. Really should have won their bowl game last year

e: dp no fucks given

I can't believe Duke has a top 25 football team. Cutcliffe has done and awesome job there. Really should have won their bowl game last year

e: dp no fucks given

Should have, but Money was not going to be denied, you know that.

Must be a blizzard in Hell right now, because watching Duke football is ten times more enjoyable than watching Carolina Panthers football at the moment.

bionic77

My first couple of cars were manual, and it was awful driving anywhere in the city. Haven't driven a manual in 10+ years so I wonder how long it would take me to pick it back up
I agree they suck ass in traffic.

Takes about a day or two until you don't have to think about it anymore. Still a lot of fun but I also would not buy it for myself. Whenever I have driven stick in the last 5 years it has been someone else's car.

Fuck the Ravens.

Top Bottom