• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

cajunator

Banned
That's pretty hard to say man. The 4 teams he got yards on haven't really played good run defense this year.

Cleveland, Atlanta, Carolina, Green Bay.....26, 28, 31, 32 in the league in rush defense.

True, but Trent cant even rush on those teams lol.
I mean that Ingram seems to be gaining vision and finding his blockers and shedding tackles. Basically doing what he was expected to do. Hes no AD or anything by a long shot.

brentech

True, but Trent cant even rush on those teams lol.
I mean that Ingram seems to be gaining vision and finding his blockers and shedding tackles. Basically doing what he was expected to do. Hes no AD or anything by a long shot.

As of his most recent game, his YPC are identical to last year. He's just getting more carries. I think he might raise his avg with more attempts. Seems to help a lot of guys, just depends on if the Saints stick with it.

cajunator

Banned
As of his most recent game, his YPC are identical to last year. He's just getting more carries. I think he might raise his avg with more attempts. Seems to help a lot of guys, just depends on if the Saints stick with it.

He is definitely the sort of player than needs to get some steam going
The way he was used on the Saints was not conducive to his success to begin with. He shares with two other pretty good backs so he doesnt get the 20 carries a game like I think he should.

jbug617

Banned
Happy Saturday!

[insert goofy dance gif here]

praise-break-o.gif

bionic77

I got home and my power was out.

I guess I wasn't the only one that had a blackout.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH
Worse to lose power in the winter or summer?

The line like 2 miles down from our house got hit by a tornado like 3 years ago when the twins were just a few months old and we abandoned ship after 2 days and spent the week in hotels and my sisters house until they restored power. My old house had a well so we couldn't even get water without power.

Fuuuuuuuuck that. I needs my electrocty 24/7. If we ever lose power again for more than a day I am getting a fuck me I am going to live in the woods with bears generator.

Slo

TCF Bank is not going to be pleasant in December. Cross your fingers and hope the Vikes don't host a game in January!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We need a Detroit Lions Road to the Super Bowl chart.

So I'll be in Michigan on Monday night. I've never experienced cold weather other than a weekend trip to Big Bear. I've never driven in the snow or icy conditions but on the 10th our crew is driving from Michigan to Kansas. Being the youngest I'll probably be expected to drive. What to expect?

bionic77

fuuuuuuuuuuuck snow~!
It's cool for kids and awesome for football.

But in general yes fuck snow.

Fall is the best season. Those last 2 weeks when the weather is nice and the leaves are falling (not to mention every color but green) is the best.

Sorry warm climate people but it's true!

jbug617

Banned
snow was awesome when you were a kid. Waking up in the morning to find out that school was closed and you basically spend the day outside running around in the snow. We did some stupid stuff in the snow like playing tackle football. I remember my little brother broke his leg sliding while playing tackle football in the snow.

We need a Detroit Lions Road to the Super Bowl chart.

So I'll be in Michigan on Monday night. I've never experienced cold weather other than a weekend trip to Big Bear. I've never driven in the snow or icy conditions but on the 10th our crew is driving from Michigan to Kansas. Being the youngest I'll probably be expected to drive. What to expect?

Keep your distance from the car in front, if you think you're too far away then just slow down a little bit more just to be safe. Braking distances can be fucking ridiculous if the weather is terrible, there's no such thing as too far away from the car in front.

You are a man so I will assume you are driving a car with manual transmission, if there is a lot of snow then start in second gear rather than first and ease off the clutch very gently so you minimise the risk of wheelspin (If it's an automatic it should still have the "2" setting so use that.) and drive in a higher gear than you normally would. You'll have slightly better control this way.

Be gentle with the brakes, really gentle. This also goes back to keeping a good distance from the car in front.

Be aware that you're probably going to be late, you just have to accept it and take it easy instead of trying to make up time.

Wake up early so you can clear the ice and snow off the windscreen and windows, clear any snow off the roof of your car too because you don't want to get it on your windscreen when you brake and you don't want to obscure the visibility of drivers behind you.

squicken

Fitz magic isn't enough evidence?

haha I just don't know what they can do with a guy who can't/won't throw the ball past 20 yards downfield. I don't know if Bortles was ever a consideration for #1, but I wonder if they already regret taking Clowney

Tamanon

Banned
haha I just don't know what they can do with a guy who can't/won't throw the ball past 20 yards downfield. I don't know if Bortles was ever a consideration for #1, but I wonder if they already regret taking Clowney

Maybe not for Bortles, but I think they might be regretting not picking Khalil Mack.

My take on the Jaguars through 8 games:

Offense: Right now the offense is what is holding the team back. It should be expected as they are relying on mostly rookie and 2nd year players. At one point there were 7 rookies starting on offense. Blake Bortles looks like he has a chance to be good if he can cut down on the ints. He has to learn that he can't get away with some of the throws that he made in college. Denard Robinson has taken over as the starting running back and has back to back 100 yard games. They really need to stop making critical mistakes inside the opponent's 30 yard line.

Defense: After a awful first month of the season, the defense has bounced back and had a great 2nd month. They only gave up 3 touchdowns in the past 4 games and less than 320 yards a game after giving up almost 450 yards a game during the first month. They also lead the league in sacks with 33.

Despite the record, this team is much better than last year. They have a lot of maturing to do, but they are on the right path. It sucks we are 1-7, but at least we are not quite the Jets level of bad.

DMczaf

So with this cold front, when do the "lol what happened to global warming?!" comments come?

*checks Facebook*

...fuck.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You are a man so I will assume you are driving a car with manual transmission,

Thanks for the advice, except I don't know how to drive manual, so I'll either learn on the job or someone else is driving. Last time I was in Michigan most seemed to have automatic IIRC.

Top Bottom