• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Beat the Pats, Panthers or Cardinals. Evil can't win again.

That chapter gets a lot of shit, but damn I thought it was one of the best chapters in the game. It really keeps you on your toes and forces you to adapt more than any other chapter in the game.

I think the stage is great, I didn't think it got much that shit except for being a huge spike in difficulty (and conquest has about 3 or 4 of those spikes in the Japanese release).

Bowser

You aren't worthy of being considered the ancient evil empire. If the Pats are the Empire, you guys are The First Order ;p

If we make it you have to talk about us being good and having a solid shot of taking them down! Otherwise, we'll root for the Panthers together. Also, don't know if you bothered reading that first mini novel I wrote but we finally met your condition of winning a playoff game ;p We're one of the two truly good, non-fraudulent teams of the 2015-16 season. Many wanted or at least expected the Cardinals and Panther trains to crash and burn, the teams exposed but it didn't happen! Top 2 seeds actually made it all the way through to the end of the playoffs.

Pats = Emperor Palpatine
Seahawks = Kylo Ren
Panthers = Rey
Cardinals = Finn
Broncos = Han Solo (old and busted version)

Pats = Emperor Palpatine
Seahawks = Kylo Ren
Panthers = Rey
Cardinals = Finn
Broncos = Han Solo (old and busted version)

Hmmm since we're trying to tap that Panther ass this weekend, an apt assignment ;p

You going to the game on Sunday? I hope you're able to, great experience. Even good crowds get somehow much louder in the playoffs.

ezgif.com-optimize1.gif

Bowser

Hmmm since we're trying to tap that Panther ass this weekend, an apt assignment ;p

You going to the game on Sunday? I hope you're able to, great experience. Even good crowds get somehow much louder in the playoffs.

End of the day though
Finn got friend zoned hard by Rey ;p at least that's how I saw it haha

I ended up going to the divisional game yesterday since that was a guaranteed playoff game and I managed to grab a ticket through Ticketmaster when they first went on sale for face value. Going to skip the NFCCG (7,000 tickets, all sold out in under 3 minutes) as I'd have also have to book a flight (live in NYC now) and secondary ticket prices are in the $250 range for nose bleeds.

Took a peek at Super Bowl tickets on the secondary market and a little part of me died inside :/ Knock on wood, but definitely going to dive into my savings if the Panthers make it.

squicken

Dilfer was on ESPN saying that Kaep doesn't fit Chip's offense. Bay area media are taking that to mean it is being leaked by the team. Not sure how I'll feel about Bradford being back in the NFCW

Talon

Dilfer was on ESPN saying that Kaep doesn't fit Chip's offense. Bay area media are taking that to mean it is being leaked by the team. Not sure how I'll feel about Bradford being back in the NFCW
Kaep is not that different from Dennis Dixon, doe.

Definitely better than Justin Roper.

Yeah I'm gonna have to skip on going to the game.

Instead I'll be ruining my liver at a bar.

Either in euphoria or tears. Maybe both

I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to take this season if we lose Sunday (or in the Owl for that matter). On the one hand, this is borrowed time because this team certainly was not supposed to be this good this season and will almost certainly be better next year.

But on the other, to get so close again...

Line_HTX

ROFL, Tomlinson is losing his mind on the Chiefs clock management and ALL of the Broncos receivers. Even throwing Michael Irvin under the bus for suggesting Manning should be benched for Brock.

squicken

Kaep is not that different from Dennis Dixon, doe.

Definitely better than Justin Roper.

I don't think Bradford is his ideal either. But quick decision making and reliable accuracy is more important than running ability. I really think his ideal QB is Mariota, but after that, a sober Manziel

Drakeon

Just last week I heard Chip was looking to trade for Kap no matter where he went. It's all a lot of smoke and mirrors until we see how the off season and more importantly the draft shake out.

They don't have to leak anything, Squidward doesn't really fit in an NFL offense that requires the quarterback to actual read the defense and look for open receivers that aren't directly right in front of your face. There's no NFL defense that will allow you to take off for 45 yards after your first read isn't open, not anymore.

effzee

Vomit.

Did he buy his blazer from the same store McAdoo did?

Everyone likes to think they know but before this season no one would have guessed Bradford.

If for some reason Kaep is let go, Eagles better get him.

They don't have to leak anything, Squidward doesn't really fit in an NFL offense that requires the quarterback to actual read the defense and look for open receivers that aren't directly right in front of your face. There's no NFL defense that will allow you to take off for 45 yards after your first read isn't open, not anymore.

Dom Capers takes this as a challenge

Bowser

I think Kap is salvageable and wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish in an offense that relies more on quick reads like Chip's. I don't know why Kap would be less of a fit for Chip's offense than Bradford? Kap actually presents a running threat on a zone read and he has a great arm for deep balls, both things Bradford doesn't possess.

I'd certainly take a chance on someone like Kap or RGIII, who have proven to have had NFL success, than a drunk deadbeat like Manziel.

effzee

Just last week I heard Chip was looking to trade for Kap no matter where he went. It's all a lot of smoke and mirrors until we see how the off season and more importantly the draft shake out.

Basically. All analysts like to say this or that QB is Chip's protege.

Pretty simple what has happened so far with him in the NFL. He inherited Vick and Foles. Vick made his offense run better than Foles but couldn't stay healthy.

Foles took over and went on a tear but Chip, and most fans, saw that he wasn't the answer. Season 2 proved it.

Foles had to go. But who really was available? Chip fucked up cause he could have traded the house for Mariota or signed someone like Tyrod Taylor. I bet if he had picked up Tylor they would have been in the playoffs.

Anyway he thought his only option or play to get a franchise QB without giving up too much was Bradford. Sort of kinda worked if you believe the 2nd half improvement showed the direction Bradford was heading towards.

I think ultimately he just wants a great QB with mobility as the ideal. Bradford isn't that but neither were Foles or Sanchez.

If he thinks Kaep can be salvaged then of course he will be ideal because his mobility will make the offense lethal.

While I'd love either move, we don't really have the cap to throw around, and we really need to lock in some of our players. And if we don't have enough money to bring Thurmond back, I highly doubt we'll be able to snag Eric Berry. If we don't resign Bradford, things get interesting and we can start doing some of this stuff. Have to decide on that first.

Well its either spend decent money on Thurmond or guys like Weddle or Berry.

I'd take Berry, Weddle, and then Thurmond in that order.

I think we need a long term answer at S, opposite Jenkins, regardless of who is QB.

And even if the retain Bradford, they will have room to spend some money. Depends on what they deem priority.

squicken

does not compute

He will never make it so it is all academic. He will never fit in any coaches' culture, especially Chip's. But he was a much different player than that Stephen White takedown made him out to be

If they are trading Kaep or signing Bradford, then it really is about the free agency period in March. But agree about the smoke and mirrors

I think Kap is salvageable and wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish in an offense that relies more on quick reads like Chip's. I don't know why Kap would be less of a fit for Chip's offense than Bradford? Kap actually presents a running threat on a zone read and he has a great arm for deep balls, both things Bradford doesn't possess.

I'd certainly take a chance on someone like Kap or RGIII, who have proven to have had NFL success, than a drunk deadbeat like Manziel.

Just imagine if Kaep ends up in KC and replaces Smith....... again.
dead.png

effzee

Yes! Even if the Eagles take a QB at #13, I'd want to bring in someone like RG3 to compete for a starting job.

Dom Capers takes this as a challenge

Dom overthinks himself into a pretzel sometimes, all you have to do is use man coverage and spy with the safeties, as long as the receivers aren't wide open and you contain him, Squidward will beat himself by panicking and run into the defense. Squidward is incapable of throwing receivers open and he sucks at the long bomb. He's like the anti-Nick Foles. There's mobility and there's run-first quarterbacks, Squidward is a run-first quarterback.

Hindl

Well its either spend decent money on Thurmond or guys like Weddle or Berry.

I'd take Berry, Weddle, and then Thurmond in that order.

I think we need a long term answer at S, opposite Jenkins, regardless of who is QB.

And even if the retain Bradford, they will have room to spend some money. Depends on what they deem priority.

What I'm saying is that I don't think we'll have the money for Thurmond, let alone Weddle/Berry. If we make smart cuts/restructures, we're looking at roughly $35M in cap. Starting players going to FA include Curry, Thornton, Carroll, Thurmond, Bradford, and then depth/ST players (Biggers, Ajirotutu, etc). And we should lock up Cox now. Bradford, if signed, is probably gonna take half of that cap. We can probably let Carroll walk, but we have potentially Cox, Curry, and Thornton to sign before we look at safety. And even if we let one of Curry or Thornton go, it becomes tight. And this is before using FA to bring in any outside talent like better Guards or WR. I hope we can bring back Thurmond honestly but I just don't know how it'll all add up

Talon

Dilfer is an idiot. I don't think anybody can disagree.

Jaws used to be good, then he saw how soundbite-first analysts were getting that paper, so he put it all out there. He fucked up.

Squidward's long delivery makes it incredibly hard for him to execute quick throws and timing throws, and Squidward is incapable of making quick reads of any kind, in addition to Squidward's lack of touch on the deep throws, he can't put air under his throws, everything is a laser. Manziel could at least throw a deep ball.

squicken

How many coaches have to give up on RG3 before the fans get that he is not an NFL passer? Same question, Kaepernick? These guys aren't like Tyrod where they never got a chance.

The notion that Chip's offense is some pre-school offense is a little off as well. Foles was out b/c he was too slow in reading the defense. The QB still has to eliminate the wrong guys to look at before and after the snap. Especially since it is an offense that doesn't use a lot of max protect, there are going to be free runners the QB has to account for
e:

This angle shows how insane that catch Olsen made was

https://vine.co/v/iO3xnnpYDqW

Dilfer is an idiot. I don't think anybody can disagree.

Jaws used to be good, then he saw how soundbite-first analysts were getting that paper, so he put it all out there. He fucked up.

Dilfer might be an idiot but he's right in this case, Squidward is done, simply not fixable.

If Chip is planning to die by a thousand delay of game penalties, then he should keep Squidward around.

How many coaches have to give up on RG3 before the fans get that he is not an NFL passer? Same question, Kaepernick? These guys aren't like Tyrod where they never got a chance.

The notion that Chip's offense is some pre-school offense is a little off as well. Foles was out b/c he was too slow in reading the defense. The QB still has to eliminate the wrong guys to look at before and after the snap. Especially since it is an offense that doesn't use a lot of max protect, there are going to be free runners the QB has to account for
e:

This angle shows how insane that catch Olsen made was

https://vine.co/v/iO3xnnpYDqW

people will laugh, but based on last year (and last year alone!), gabbert makes his reads quicker. still, i'd prefer chip give kap a chance. ceiling would be much higher with kap in any offense! he just needs a coach who knows what he is doing and he didn't have that last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom